Jump to content

At what point will we be able to purchase completed forma from a faction?!


Brinstar7777

Recommended Posts

Operation Plague Star let you buy forma from them for standing and credits, so why is it that NO OTHER FACTION IN THE ENTIRE GAME DOES THIS?! Farming forma from relics sucks; the blueprints you get from relics have a 1/3 or 1/4 drop chance at best, and take a full 23 hours to craft. Yet DE let you buy the forma straight-up from Operational Supply. So why is it that the only faction that sells complete forma IS TIED TO A FORKING EVENT!?

If the Plague Star Event was more frequent, I'd probably not get so worked up over this. But there is at least 4 or 5 months between each Plague Star event! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Operation Plague Star let you buy forma from them for standing and credits, so why is it that NO OTHER FACTION IN THE ENTIRE GAME DOES THIS?

Reason #1 why DE has not let Plague Star come back...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Operation Plague Star let you buy forma from them for standing and credits, so why is it that NO OTHER FACTION IN THE ENTIRE GAME DOES THIS?! Farming forma from relics sucks; the blueprints you get from relics have a 1/3 or 1/4 drop chance at best, and take a full 23 hours to craft. Yet DE let you buy the forma straight-up from Operational Supply. So why is it that the only faction that sells complete forma IS TIED TO A FORKING EVENT!?

If the Plague Star Event was more frequent, I'd probably not get so worked up over this. But there is at least 4 or 5 months between each Plague Star event! 

 

Don't worry

DE has already publicly recognized the Discrepancy with how Plague Star gave fully crafted Forma when no other place did.

Rest easy, they've already stated their solution: Crafted Forma will be removed from future Plague Star Rewards.

so things will be more in line with other factions going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Y'know what sucks more than farming Forma from relics? Farming the exact same set of rehashed bounty objectives followed by fighting Lephantis four consecutive times.

Plague Star can stay dead and gone until it gets a full rework to the entire thing.

 

In the meantime spamming relics with Forma in the common pool in pubs nets you a stockpile quite fast and queuing up a Forma a day isn't hard. For the impatient (that don't have an inexplicable fear of trade chat) plat farming prime junk to buy Forma is faster and takes less effort than Plague Star ever did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

 

Don't worry

DE has already publicly recognized the Discrepancy with how Plague Star gave fully crafted Forma when no other place did.

Rest easy, they've already stated their solution: Crafted Forma will be removed from future Plague Star Rewards.

so things will be more in line with other factions going forward.

Yeah if anything DE heard us loud and clear, they just got the wrong message:

They know full well how popular it is for built forma, and they really don't want you stocking up on built forma that much...

I expect it to be gone from next Plague Star rewards or at least harder to get. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

o why is it that NO OTHER FACTION IN THE ENTIRE GAME DOES THIS?!

there's a bunch of reasons:

- it's how DE makes a lot of their money.

- it's laughably easy to get Syndicate standing, even if Built Forma cost 100k Standing, people would still end up drowning in them in a matter of weeks.

- it'd make Forma Blueprints obsolete, and those are on almost every one of the game's relics - the several hundred that there are, with more being added with each Prime Access.

- DE are also pretty stubborn, it took many years of asking for a reduced crafting time, and when DE finally folded, they reduced it from 24 hours to 23 hours... whcih admittedly solves the probelm for me of having to log off before my next Forma is ready some nights, but it's hardly the QoL increase people were hoping for.

Plague Star will come back eventually, either with or without built Forma. if it doesn,t then you'll just have to trade to make plat for bundles, run relics and occasionally run Lua and hope that you get the Music room AND get lucky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

May i interest you in hunting sabotage caches and its whooping 0.5% chance of giving a built forma?

I got a forma from a 3x cache on Earth the other week, I nearly fell out of my chair in disbelief that it actually dropped one after all these years. :shocked: I don't really look for them on purpose, they just seem to be easy to find while doing the missions.

I do like doing the Choir Room on Lua where you repeat the tune to get a complete forma, it's been very forgiving getting them here and there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I got a forma from a 3x cache on Earth the other week, I nearly fell out of my chair in disbelief that it actually dropped one after all these years. :shocked: I don't really look for them on purpose, they just seem to be easy to find while doing the missions.

I do like doing the Choir Room on Lua where you repeat the tune to get a complete forma, it's been very forgiving getting them here and there.

Damn that's nice! Yea the music room is one of the best spots. Yes the spawn is random and the chance to get forma not 100%, but it's better than nothing :)

I still like doing relics better somehow. :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...