What if the Plains of Duviri aren't on Tau? Wild, batshirt crazy speculation regarding the Duviri Paradox.

I heard someone on the forum (don't remember who) discussing a way to incorporate the Zariman-Ten-Zero into the game as transport to Tau, and then my thoughts drifted to the Zariman Ten Zero shown in the Duviri paradox trailer.

What if the Plains of Duviri aren't on Tau like everyone expects them to be? What if they're just the place where the Zariman was retired?

What if the Duviri paradox is merely about finding the Zariman and making it spaceworthy again so that we may use it to reach Tau?

4 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

I heard someone on the forum (don't remember who) discussing a way to incorporate the Zariman-Ten-Zero into the game as transport to Tau, and then my thoughts drifted to the Zariman Ten Zero shown in the Duviri paradox trailer.

What if the Plains of Duviri aren't on Tau like everyone expects them to be? What if they're just the place where the Zariman was retired?

What if the Duviri paradox is merely about finding the Zariman and making it spaceworthy again so that we may use it to reach Tau?

Who said that the plains of Duviri is on Tau? I thought everyone understood that it was in the void.

• Like 20

I want to know where did you get the idea of that everyone thinks its in Tau.

The area has the Void Wyrm, a paradox with the young self being aware of the older self, the Zariman in the background, the Dax facsimile, the adult Operator trying to use their Void Beam and it not working and they being confused why its not...

Its an area in the Void, dude.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I've heard a theory that the Plains of Duviri are just the Plains of Eidolon in a different time period of their existence, or the Plains of Eidolon dragged partly into the void, or something to that effect or some combination of both. 

I think it is plausible. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alkarnus said:

Who said that the plains of Duviri is on Tau? I thought everyone understood that it was in the void.

I assume every update is in the Void until we get it :clem:

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Brinstar7777 said:

It’s in the void, dude 

My theory is that, yes, it's in the void like everybody's saying, but it's specifically in the void as located off-course from the void gate that leads to "the outer gates".

The Zariman Ten Zero got lost from the Saturn void gate. (as per Ember prime codex entry)

After XXXX years of deep space travel, the Sentients (as commissioned through a Corpus by Ballas, noted in the Detron Crewman codex entry) constructed the exit gate to Tau. The Orokin had nearly used up the local solar system and Tau was still vibrant and lush.

Some ships successfully made the trip (as expressed in the Mag Prime codex entry), but the Zariman, a military ship, did not. It was MIA, the families were notified and the investigation was closed.

Some time later, the case was reopened and the ship was found in an undisclosed location. The original crew was gone. All that was found was a handful of children with foggy memories and claim to remember being attacked by the adults (Rel comic), but can't remember anything before being on the ship. According to official records and military command speaking in confidence; when the ship left, there were no children aboard.

The Duviri Paradox certainly fits the official description of the void (" the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.") in that it is a place of nightmares and broken time dimension.

Though I'm unsure what exactly it is. Whether it's an actual place or if the landscape is built from whoever is there as a representation of their mindscape.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

"The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed".

Perfect description of the current state of the game's lore.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

What if the Plains of Duviri aren't on Tau like everyone expects them to be?

Questioning the term 'everyone' here.

I expected this to be either a Void area that's temporarily safe to traverse (by virtue of being time-unstable) or a literal alternate timeline created by Void instability.

58 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Perfect description of the current state of the game's lore.

Hehe. If you want to know anything, ask. I'm current all the way... up... to... the Deadlock Protocol.

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Sentient Open World, imagine that, :facepalm: poor Companions. R.I.P lol

DE: how many epileptic seizures do you want?

Players wanting to visit Tau: Yes.

I haven't seen a soul that thinks Duviri is in Tau, because the place couldn't be more Void like: Void energy background? check. Void Dragons? check. Undead Dax-looking horsemen with Orokin mechanical steeds? check. the only place we've seen that *might* be in Tau is Lotus' Mother, the gigantic Sentient ship tileset that was shown in concept back when we were still expecting the New War. 

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Sentient Open World, imagine that, :facepalm: poor Companions. R.I.P lol

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

DE: how many epileptic seizures do you want?

Players wanting to visit Tau: Yes.

I haven't seen a soul that thinks Duviri is in Tau, because the place couldn't be more Void like: Void energy background? check. Void Dragons? check. Undead Dax-looking horsemen with Orokin mechanical steeds? check. the only place we've seen that *might* be in Tau is Lotus' Mother, the gigantic Sentient ship tileset that was shown in concept back when we were still expecting the New War. 

I'm going to draft up a payment scheme for DE, I'm going to need Therapy and Valium in a Sentient Open World. 😱

The plains are indeed most likely in the Void, if we get to Tau one day itll be as our true selves in fact adults and not children. I think well uncover the secrets of the Zariman incident on the plains and return as adults. Seen a theory that the adults lost their memories being transformed by the void and that their current appearance its kinda an illusion or something like that.

Posted (edited)

Today on /r/confidentlyincorrect

Zariman had an experimental void drive. It was lost jumping between Saturn to the Outer gates ( Outer Terminus Pluto) days later it appeared between those locations for the kids to be retrieved and the ship likely hauled away and decommissioned to study it.

During the war the Sentients made a beachhead of Outer Terminus as the Orokin was pushed back after trying to genocide the sentients for completing their job. The Orokin's victory was disabling the gate, likely both ends at once, so the only way sentients could come back to Origin was slow boating the long way:

843808.jpg

Dumb Corpus have been trying to repair the Outer Terminus Gate system for years (in the old node flavor text) and could be something like Lua, a subset of missions around the super giant gate when things kick off.

Edited by Firetempest