Jump to content

Battle pass


Recommended Posts

.....

After giving it much thought

.....

The answer is still NO. The door is over there please put this idea in the trash bin out back and leave it there were it belongs.

 

  • Like 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Azemater2 said:

We need a battlepass. Why not?
This is a new reason to be able to play the game.
It was much needed for endgame players

I actually 100% agree. Nightwave should have a second paid track on top of the one we already have. This track would contain aditional evergreen items and unique cometics, that would enter the nightwave credit shop next season, so no one could complain that it is not obtainable for free.
Reasons? Basically only one and it is a big one.
DE absolutelly stopped caring about Nightwave, because getting a new season out takes DE a lot of time and it does not make any money. So they stopped caring and I understand that. We are again on another endless intermission...
If there was a monetization in nightwave, we would be getting them often and they would be better.

So YES. 100%. There is zero reasons to not have a second optional paid track, since it would make the system better.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I actually 100% agree. Nightwave should have a second paid track on top of the one we already have. This track would contain aditional evergreen items and unique cometics, that would enter the nightwave credit shop next season, so no one could complain that it is not obtainable for free.
Reasons? Basically only one and it is a big one.
DE absolutelly stopped caring about Nightwave, because getting a new season out takes DE a lot of time and it does not make any money. So they stopped caring and I understand that. We are again on another endless intermission...
If there was a monetization in nightwave, we would be getting them often and they would be better.

So YES. 100%. There is zero reasons to not have a second optional paid track, since it would make the system better.

I absolutely agree with you
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, Gacha or any other mobile ripoff 'game mechanic' is totally not needed in Warframe. Just like the battle royal bullsh@t. DE held up fairly well to the "Ninjas play free" slogan.

Hate me all you want, but these kind of 'players', commonly referred as WHALES are the kind of 'players' that are slowly killing the gaming industry. YOU make it possible to other companies to rip you off with their half baked, sugar coated weaboo dreams... Warframe needs none of that. It has some issues on it's own, no need to add salt to the wound.

  • Like 22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

Hayır, Warframe'de Gacha veya başka herhangi bir mobil ripoff 'oyun tamircisi'ne kesinlikle ihtiyaç yoktur. Tıpkı battle royal bullsh@t gibi. DE, "Ninjalar özgürce oynar" sloganına oldukça iyi uydu.

Benden istediğiniz kadar nefret edin, ancak genellikle WHALES olarak adlandırılan bu tür 'oyuncular', oyun endüstrisini yavaş yavaş öldüren 'oyuncular' türüdür. SİZ diğer şirketlerin yarı pişmiş, şeker kaplı weaboo hayalleriyle sizi soymalarını mümkün kılarsınız... Warframe'in bunların hiçbirine ihtiyacı yoktur. Kendi başına bazı sorunları var, yaraya tuz atmaya gerek yok.

Don't take it if you don't want to, but this tour adds to the game. My rank is 30 and I have nothing to do.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Azemater2 said:


It was much needed for endgame players

endgame players doesn't need anything.

Also, warframe have arguably the most player-friendly battlepass in history of all videogames so far. It's called nightwave.

Idk why you want to take out an emmy burger and replace it with mcd's cheeseburger.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

endgame players doesn't need anything.

Also, warframe have arguably the most player-friendly battlepass in history of all videogames so far. It's called nightwave.

Idk why you want to take out an emmy burger and replace it with mcd's cheeseburger.

Nightwave is not bad but not enough, the content is not extensive and varied. Why don't you want the company to make money?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering Nightwave literally follows the exact battlepass format outside of the paid entry what exactly would having a paid battle pass add to the game?

But regardless anyone who is out of things to do would end up in the exact same situation the moment they finish a new battlepass. Just do what literally everyone else does and play other games until the next update drops.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

No, Gacha or any other mobile ripoff 'game mechanic' is totally not needed in Warframe. Just like the battle royal bullsh@t. DE held up fairly well to the "Ninjas play free" slogan.

Hate me all you want, but these kind of 'players', commonly referred as WHALES are the kind of 'players' that are slowly killing the gaming industry. YOU make it possible to other companies to rip you off with their half baked, sugar coated weaboo dreams... Warframe needs none of that. It has some issues on it's own, no need to add salt to the wound.

 

2 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

endgame players doesn't need anything.

Also, warframe have arguably the most player-friendly battlepass in history of all videogames so far. It's called nightwave.

Idk why you want to take out an emmy burger and replace it with mcd's cheeseburger.

I agree with the OP that nightwave would be better if it was more like battlepasses of Fortnite or Division or any other game that is successful, because it is using these systems in a smart way.  If Nightwave had two tracks (One free, one paid with aditional items.) it would objectively be better and give DE reason to create that content.

Do you guys have a real reason why this would be bad for the system? Or are you just going to spew random comments that have no marit to the discussion?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, trst said:

Considering Nightwave literally follows the exact battlepass format outside of the paid entry what exactly would having a paid battle pass add to the game?

But regardless anyone who is out of things to do would end up in the exact same situation the moment they finish a new battlepass. Just do what literally everyone else does and play other games until the next update drops.

As in every game, the paid content is always more full and beautiful. Warframe will do the best if it does this.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 минуту назад, Cerikus сказал:

 If Nightwave had two tracks (One free, one paid with aditional items.) it would objectively be better and give DE reason to create that content.

2 минуты назад, Azemater2 сказал:

the content is not extensive and varied.

Apart from additional rewards how will it become better, more extensive and varied?  Will the paid battle pass version contain mission types/quests/game modes/ etc. exclusive to said version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, trst said:

Considering Nightwave literally follows the exact battlepass format outside of the paid entry what exactly would having a paid battle pass add to the game?

One simple reason. Nightwave is one of the best things Warframe has. 
If they add additional paid track (unpurchasable with plat) for 10 dollars and each season will have exactly 60 ranks.
We will get that season, because they will want the money. Money is a reason to develop a content. Nightwave has been abandoned exactly for that reasons.

I literally do not get people who don't want it. Even if you will not pay for the second track, you WILL get more loot, because the seasons will be more often and better.

It is very simple.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Azemater2 said:

Nightwave is not bad but not enough, the content is not extensive and varied. Why don't you want the company to make money?

Because I'm a player and i chose the more player-friendly policies.

You want DE become Activision? It's your rights.

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

Do you guys have a real reason why this would be bad for the system? Or are you just going to spew random comments that have no marit to the discussion?

There are two kind of game companies when it comes to battlepass: ones who put better rewards on the paying section (most of them greedy bastards), and ones who put better rewards on the free section (the "good guy developers").

DE transcend being the good guy and came up with an all-free battlepass. This is the most player-friendly policy we've seen in a while not just in warframe but in videogames.

You can try responding to that fact with logical replies like a civilized forum member or keep spewing random insults to further destroy your already declining credibility.

That's what everyone bozos do: they can't win arguments so they just go straight to insults.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Apart from additional rewards how will it become better, more extensive and varied?  Will the paid battle pass version contain mission types/quests/game modes/ etc. exclusive to said version?

Because DE has put Nightwave on a side track and are not developing it, because it makes no money. Just look at the history of Nightwave. The seasons/intermissions are getting exponentially longer.

DE add monetization -> people buy it -> it makes money -> DE have a reason to make new seasons as soon as possible to make money -> we get new seaons -> game good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PurrrningBoop said:

exclusive to said version

Up to this day, DE successfully remained adamant towards their way. Every single significant item in the game can be obtained, either easily, or with a bit of a time investment. But the game NEVER forced you to pay a dime, you can sit all day and sell your stuff at Trade chat, or other 3rd party trading webpages. If you were to implement this Battle Pass nonsense, then DE would brake their credibility. And i'd wager that would bring less money to the table in the long run.

What is paid exclusive are purely cosmetic items or boosters to earn Faster, but not pay to skip. Well, not always (rushing and buying new warframes from the in-game market)...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

 

I literally do not get people who don't want it. Even if you will not pay for the second track, you WILL get more loot, because the seasons will be more often and better.

It is very simple.

Do you have any proof that i will get more loot?

What if DE decide to nerf the free section and put everything in the paying section?

Can you guarantee that they won't? Do you work at DE?

12 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Because DE has put Nightwave on a side track and are not developing it, because it makes no money. Just look at the history of Nightwave. The seasons/intermissions are getting exponentially longer.

DE add monetization -> people buy it -> it makes money -> DE have a reason to make new seasons as soon as possible to make money -> we get new seaons -> game good.

DE have a track record of NOT maintaining various aspects in warframe, even the ones that give them money.

Can you guarantee that if it give money to DE, they will maintain it? Do you work at DE? If you do work at DE, can you convince steve and the whole team to guarantee it?

sorry, dude. You're so adamant on defending this, yet all of these arguments only make sense in your own head. They're just your opinion. I'm here to tell you that it doesn't sound as convincing in our ears.

==========

And lastly, seems you fail to understand that nw is not a moneymaker like battlepass in other games.

it's a hook.

the main function is to keep players coming back. Like wait times. And teach them about various activities in warframe.

it doesn't even have same function as conventional battlepass.

Edited by Soy77
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Because I'm a player and i chose the more player-friendly policies.

Giving people a choice to buy a pass in a free to play game IS player-friendly.

4 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

You want DE become Activision? It's your rights.

 

6 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

There are two kind of game companies when it comes to battlepass: ones who put better rewards on the paying section (most of them greedy bastards), and ones who put better rewards on the free section (the "good guy developers").

DE transcend being the good guy and came up with an all-free battlepass. This is the most player-friendly policy we've seen in a while not just in warframe but in videogames.

Sorry, but these statements are non sense. It is not black and white. How many games with battlepasses have you actually played that you know it so well? I have played some and what you are describing is just not a reality. 

I like how you see DE as the most player friendly developer, when they literally have a slot machine system that makes them majority of their earning (Rivens)

I don't want to quote starwars here, but thinking in absolutes is always bad. Also, you have still not given me a reason, why it would actually be bad apart from: If DE implement it, they will become Activion. Sorry I don't buy that as a valid argument.

10 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

You can try responding to that fact with logical replies like a civilized forum member or keep spewing random insults to further destroy your already declining credibility.

That's what everyone bozos do: they can't win arguments so they just go straight to insults.

Can you show me what I said, that can be considered and insult ? Afaik I have been very civil and constructive in this thread and tried to give logical arguments. You on the other hand called me a bozo, which is an insult. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...