Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle pass

Lwinn

Not to mention, as Neko said, that Nightwave's development cycle takes longer not due to funding but because it's really not a priority.  Prime access packs and deluxe releases require artists, not environment designers and programmers.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)The Neko Otaku:

That's a model and stat change at best nightwave usually implements a random encounter, new dialogue and cutscenes, new cosmetics and mods and if it's a new season a story needs to be laid out

It’s a yes or no question. Do you think it’s a coincidence that the only content that they charge money for is also the only content that is always on schedule?

Just now, Krankbert said:

It’s a yes or no question. Do you think it’s a coincidence that the only content that they charge money for is also the only content that is always on schedule?

I don't think it's necessarily black or white, Nightwave has "always active" intermission stages as well.

Gerade eben schrieb SheikaVoid:

I don't think it's necessarily black or white, Nightwave has "always active" intermission stages as well.

Ok, so far we’ve got 0 people saying yes, 0 people saying no, and 2 people awkwardly avoiding an answer.

18 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Imma go out on a limb and say: Yes. Personally i think it's a convenient coincidence. 

Unlike most other contents that have rather loose timeline, prime access is a routine content that coincidentally have a clear schedule and deadlines that DE staff most probably stick to in their day to day workload.

And since none of us works for DE, we'll never know if that schedule was decided because they looked at their profit numbers and decide that it should be the update that they always focus on, or they just decide on that model way even before money was a variable.

But it's just me. What conclusion did you achieve after hearing such opinion from fellow forum member?

Just now, Krankbert said:

Hemming and hawing because you don’t want to answer „no“ is avoiding an answer.

You want a concrete answer?  No, of course it's not a coincidence.  Honestly, I don't see that as shameful whatsoever, considering the availability of free content with persistent (even, in the case of Nightwave, cosmetic!) rewards.  Primes and deluxe releases require less development time, and earn money for the company, of course they'll regularly fall along a release schedule.

12 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

No cause prime access doesn't need much work to come out as i said its a model change and stat change extremely different from nightwave which needs new cosmetics and mods for a reward track, cutscenes and dialogue, a story that can be spread across 5 entries, random encounters, new enemies for said encounters and a new weapon for the finale. Love having to repeat myself it's not annoying at all

vor 10 Minuten schrieb SheikaVoid:

And yes, of course paid content is regularly scheduled, but it's not the "only' regularly available content.  What else would you expect from a company whose profit margin is driven by the sale of platinum and cosmetic releases?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb SheikaVoid:

You want a concrete answer?  No, of course it's not a coincidence.  Honestly, I don't see that as shameful whatsoever, considering the availability of free content with persistent (even, in the case of Nightwave, cosmetic!) rewards.  Primes and deluxe releases require less development time, and earn money for the company, of course they'll regularly fall along a release schedule.

I think it’s cute when people so desperately want me to be wrong that they explain my own opinion back at me. How about you adress the condescending explanations at someone who argues otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

How about you adress the condescending explanations at someone who argues otherwise.

I was politely asking for a conclusion at someone who asked my opinion, but I got divide et impera instead.

Sad day 😢

I guess we can all leave this thread knowing the good guys and bad guys in this discussion are indeed black and white. OP is an overpaying underplaying player who wants more EA & Activision, supported by a guy who thinks game devs should worry more about making money than making good games, and one other just want to see the world burns by pitting commenters against each other.

Paid Battle Pass. No thank you.

It would just take away development from actual content that can be played and experienced, all in order to fill a "shop" with items we have no need for that puts us in the same old content we've done 1000 time over already. It would become a priority the moment it starts costing money. There is also a big risk it would be a waste, much like "episodes" in The Secret World, which kinda were early OG battle passes in gaming that never made the revenue to make up for the costs of developing them.

Battle Pass systems work in PvP games since you dont need new content. New content in PvP is always there since it is everytime you face another player or join a new match, since it is dynamic. Reason BPs work in games like Destiny 2 is because they tend to come as side dishes to an expansion, so make no real impact on development time or resource loss on the major key content.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb Soy77:

I was politely asking for a conclusion at someone who asked my opinion, but I got divide et impera instead.

Sad day 😢

I guess we can all leave this thread knowing the good guys and bad guys in this discussion are indeed black and white. OP is an overpaying underplaying player who wants more EA & Activision, supported by a guy who thinks game devs should worry more about making money than making good games, and one other just want to see the world burns by pitting commenters against each other.

I have no idea what could have possibly made you think otherwise, but nothing I wrote in this thread was a response to anything you wrote in this thread.

Giving DE more money isn’t going to result in more content. They can barely maintain nightwave as it is and I’m sure that’s put immeasurable strain on their main pipeline updates. 

I genuinely believe they are doing as much as they can, and for them to expand, hire on more staff to complete more work, is a gamble that could potentially sink the entire company.

I think things are fine as they are, I just wish they would stop wasting dev time on superfluous things. Nihil and Nora is a pretty good example of what I mean by superfluous. To me those are just resources taken away from the new war and Duviri. A battle pass would just exacerbate that existing problem.

Archived