Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack and Archwing

PsychoDodo

So myself and a fair few others were contemplating things.... recently there has been a big push towards Railjack. The devs have put in void traces (buggy yes yes yadda yadda), however, many people I talk to feel that the railjack is not central to the actual railjack experience. You go in, you kill some fighters, drop some crewships and disembark to use your warframe to complete the actual objective. In all actuality you really are just using the railjack to get to the objective and then jump in your warframe to complete rather than actually use the railjack. Voids or no.

The same thing can be said for archwing. You use your archwing to move around a map underwater or in some small space battle and on the planets. You don't really fight in it nor really use it. It is a means to an end. You use your archwing to get to your objective and get off of it to your frame to complete the objective.

With the recent push towards railjack why not combine these? You don't need to overly create a new type of instance for them. Especially with the storyline as it is progressing.

You can have your railjack disabled via some reason and now the railjack itself based off modified amounts of what it has equipped and plexus/intrisnics become something you have to now defend as Cy determines a way out safely for the tenno, via defense or kill things to maintain your own archwing energy supplies via survival to let the railjack warp away,

On failure Cy does the magic warp like any other survival or defense.

You can even mobile defense/sabotage this to a degree with nodes needing to be destroyed/defended/hacked in order to free your railjack via the archwing. This brings archwing back into play via railjack to something more than just zipping around orb valis/deimos/PoE and the odd annoying mission. 

You can also engage the railjack itself into similar situations where you warp into a zone and are forced to defend a friendly target railjack with it, (mock defense) while corpus/grineer/some manner of infested capital ship warps in to prevent it dumping fighters/crewships/nodes to blow up or any number of ideas.

You have to make it worthwhile however because well, we all know how people will whine it's too long or too hard to get drops from but I'm sure you can balance that. 

Let us use our archwings and our railjacks in actuality rather than just as a transport to our destination. They kinda go hand in hand in how they can operate. 

Edit: I can throw out a ton of ideas on missions or objectives to complete, and I'm sure the community can as well. I just feel railjack and archwing are simply left as a transport role to your objective rather than something to actually engage with and the opportunity is there to integrate both of them into something more than use the railjack/archwing to get to the objective and forget about it afterwards. 

4 hours ago, PsychoDodo said:

he same thing can be said for archwing. You use your archwing to move around a map underwater or in some small space battle and on the planets. You don't really fight in it nor really use it. It is a means to an end. You use your archwing to get to your objective and get off of it to your frame to complete the objective.

Archwing's is used for fighting. Play some old archwing-only missions. There are exterminate and mobile defense. I think there were some other mission but I don't remember it.

It's not so good like frame-based fights (non RJ) but it's still better than RJ. In my opinion they should just go full on RJ: some ship fights or something. And put it in missions like old archwing. Don't combine things together. Don't make me go through special nodes, mission etc just to play some other stuffs (I've seen one person plays 10 minutes to do Orphix...  Just let me play Orphix like it was in the Event).

Archived