Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Home Devstream #15/ Devstream #155

[DE]Rebecca

6 hours ago, Yulfan said:

I also agree. It make much more sense to find Parvos' Sister inside, well, Parvos' realm. After all, as we all seen at the end of Sevagoth's quest, Vala Glarios has been stranded in the Granum Void and saved by Parvos himself, then calling her "sister". It seems obvious that this is how the Sisters of Parvos appear : the Granum Void is an island on which Parvos rescues the female Corpus vanquished by the Tennos, and if we venture there, one of the surviving sisters takes us as a target.

Or, if it is absolutely necessary for the Sister to appear outside, make her appear directly when leaving the Granum Void just in front of the golden hand, as if she had escaped to pursue us. But not as a random spawn as we saw during the devstream because in that case, going in the Granum Void doesn't seem to have any connection with the Sister …

Just thought of something. Instead of spending a crown to spawn a Sister of Parvos, what if we could confront a Sister larvaling during regular gameplay and spend a crown the send THEM into the Granum void once they are down so we can see which weapon they will give us before spending resources?

I'm hesitant about something I heard about the new liches.

Will they be locked specifically to Railjack? Will I be forced to use one to obtain the new content? Because that's a *massive* turn-off. I just came back from a lengthy hiatus and heard there would be new liches soon, which is one of the only reasons I'm sticking around again, and if they're going to be locked behind Railjack like so much other content I'm going to have to find another game to play, because Empyrean is not the game I signed up for.

DE, your intentions to lock new content behind old content that most don't want to play might not be recieved well.  Speaking for myself I'll likely just go play another game before I spend any real time grinding Zenith coins, Granum void and or Railjack. I'm not mad, I'm just sharing my opinion. You do you.

1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

I believe the idea is that Sisters are made inside the Granum Void but that the "Larvling" isn't a sister yet. You entering the Void draws Parvos' attention to the Ship you used to access it and he then chooses to drag a defeated female Corpus into his Voidspace for Specter-based immortality declaring them his Sister. Then they exit the Void, and start taking over places.

Think of the Granum Void as The Kuva Fortress (That's where they are taken for conversion), and but instead of the really unsatisfying "Do TWW in the Kuva Fortess once then run Adaro every time you want a Lich" We have a repeatable "Punch the big bad guy in his home and get a minion upgraded into a boss as a result"

While I like this take on it, they somehow failed to comunicate it well in the demo. Maybe they need some more Parvos lines in there that connect it more? Perhaps he can have some lines when you enter Granum void with Zenith crown?

Il y a 2 heures, SilentMobius a dit :

I believe the idea is that Sisters are made inside the Granum Void but that the "Larvling" isn't a sister yet. You entering the Void draws Parvos' attention to the Ship you used to access it and he then chooses to drag a defeated female Corpus into his Voidspace for Specter-based immortality declaring them his Sister. Then they exit the Void, and start taking over places.

Think of the Granum Void as The Kuva Fortress (That's where they are taken for conversion), and but instead of the really unsatisfying "Do TWW in the Kuva Fortess once then run Adaro every time you want a Lich" We have a repeatable "Punch the big bad guy in his home and get a minion upgraded into a boss as a result"

As Donfs said, it's poorly communicated. There is no indication before entering the Granum Void that a Sister will target us if we enter inside. Nothing is said while we are inside doing the objective, and still nothing when we get out of there. It is only after all of this, when we continue the initial objective, that Parvos starts talking and the larva appears. Nothing lore-wise binds the Lich to the Granum Void while doing it, giving the wrong impression that the Granum Void is purely a mechanical step in the process of creating a Corpus Lich, a step that could be removed without affecting anything.

It's really just a matter of how it is presented to the player. It would only takes a few lines of dialogue a bit earlier to understand what is going on. Like, for example, if you are near a golden hand, Parvos say "Hoho ! So you're approaching me ? Enter in my realm and my Sisters will take care of you !" (Parvos is such a siscon ;P)

5 hours ago, Yulfan said:

As Donfs said, it's poorly communicated. There is no indication before entering the Granum Void that a Sister will target us if we enter inside.

As I said, the sister doesn't exist when you enter the void. You know that when you enter the Granum void you are messing with Parvos Granum, right? Then Parvos Granum is pissed with you after the visit. You fight a normal female corpus (Obviously for gameplay reasons you know they are special as they are a unique model but... gameplay) and then Parvos pulls them into the void on death and then makes them a sister, that is said in the dialogue they demoed to us.

Punch Parvos, -> Dead Corpus is pulled into Granum Void and a sister is created

I'm often critical of DE's messaging in game but this. IMHO is actually an improvement on the nonsensical Kuva thralls setup, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

It has been 6 years that I follow Devstreams and I've never seen a reply to some very significant questions posted in the Devstream announcements thread

Everything always seems so tamed and pre-baked and we always get funny questions and foggy answers

The reddit AMA are always more interesting than the Devstream questions and answers

13 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

As I said, the sister doesn't exist when you enter the void. You know that when you enter the Granum void you are messing with Parvos Granum, right? Then Parvos Granum is pissed with you after the visit. You fight a normal female corpus (Obviously for gameplay reasons you know they are special as they are a unique model but... gameplay) and then Parvos pulls them into the void on death and then makes them a sister, that is said in the dialogue they demoed to us.

Punch Parvos, -> Dead Corpus is pulled into Granum Void and a sister is created

I'm often critical of DE's messaging in game but this. IMHO is actually an improvement on the nonsensical Kuva thralls setup, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I get your point, but it just doesnt sit well. Maybe it is that I was in the Granum void many, many times before (I have everythig that drops there and I farmed 2 Proteas) and Parvos didnt seem to care. Also only when you enter with the zenith crown you get a sister progenitor, not on the other levels. Make sense gameplay-wise but it just doesnt sit well with me. At least give some lines to Parvos when you enter the void with zenith crown. 

Also also, with the grineer you get some lines about kuva lich viability and so on, nothing mentioning the tenno. Here you say its more personal with Parvos we went to his space and so on, but his lines (and I went back to check) are just non descript lines about death -> "We are all marked to die in the end. Some cower, some fight. Which are you?". And than progenitor spawns. Dont know, just seems off. 

On 2021-05-31 at 3:46 PM, smashedwookie said:

Iirc from what was discussed in that previous dev stream the nerf for melee was the removal of some stagger procs on stance, which is already live, and they were looking at only allowing 1 source of attack speed increase. Speed increase would make senses in order not to break the animations. Anything beside that is unknown as far as melee nerf.

Hang on. Does that mean Valkyr's and Gauss's melee attack speed buffs would not add up with attack speed mods or Arcanes? That's a brutal nerf to those frames on top of the melee nerf per se if that's the case.

10 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Hang on. Does that mean Valkyr's and Gauss's melee attack speed buffs would not add up with attack speed mods or Arcanes? That's a brutal nerf to those frames on top of the melee nerf per se if that's the case.

They were talking mostly about mod at the time iirc, so hard to say in those specific cases.

On 2021-06-03 at 9:49 PM, TheOlright said:

tbh, this one get me really mad. We hadn't much new stuff for a while and now you showed that everythings ready, but we have to wait another month for... what?

So they can synch drop the update on all platforms.

I can't say I'm a fan of this because there will be bugs, maybe some big bugs, and, while those bugs will be hot fixed out of the PC version pretty quickly, those poor bleeders on console will have to wait until the next available cert window before something potentially game breaking can be fixed.

What happened to the test server that only a select clique had access to?

Did DE do away with it already?

I know it was useless, because it seemed that only the most sycophantic partners were invited to take part, but at least it allowed us to get opinions based on what people saw.

Archived