Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upgrading crewmembers via "valence fusion"

motorfirebox

Rather than having to replace railjack crewmembers to get better crew, what if we could "upgrade" them via training? I figure training could use the "valence fusion" model, where you hire a crewmember from Ticker with stats you want, and have them train one of your existing crewmembers.

It's silly, but I'm kinda attached to my crew, and I'd rather keep them around. Maybe there could be some kind of gameplay reason to upgrade your crew rather than just buying new crewmembrers, but I'd use this system even if there weren't.

I've suggested similar things before. Use one crew member to "train" another before sending them off the ship. That way we can keep our favourite crew rather than replacing them while still boosting their skills. The system is already capable of handling the replacement of unique traits, as well. It doesn't matter what you call it, I'd still like to HAVE that. Crew have hidden "base" stats, as well. Being able to upgrade those in the "fusion" process would be neat, too.

It doesn't really matter how you present it, thematically. As long as the mechanic works, lore justifications can be created.

Archived