Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Me: aww man, i love The idea behind K-drives, but they're so limited, DE: say no more, tenno!!!

Seriously, thank you DE, i know you probably planned for Yareli to have a K-drive long before i asked for a K-drive Warframe, but still, i appreciate that you are trying to revitalize long forgotten gameplay modes that have potential.

i can't wait to Farm for those cool hyper mobility K-drive mods, (if the ability is moddable) i finally have an new purpose in Warframe lol!

besides that, Yareli looks absolutely stunning and her personality is cute.

i can't wait to use her in races lol!

Lets be realistic and think about things for a minute.... outside of open worlds where exactly are you going to be able to use the k-drive 'smoothly' without bumping into stuff etc, just think how much hydroid/zephyr/volt etc gets stuck on stuff when trying to move around faster using their abilities.

k drive should have just been usable in normal mission

i hope this one have something more than damage redirection

---------------------

well anyway

Nothing beat Nezha Cunning drift+maglev

roller blades allways been superior than skateboard for manoevrability

33 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Lets be realistic and think about things for a minute.... outside of open worlds where exactly are you going to be able to use the k-drive 'smoothly' without bumping into stuff etc, just think how much hydroid/zephyr/volt etc gets stuck on stuff when trying to move around faster using their abilities.

Most of Mars. Most of the Void(and Lua). Most of Ceres. Most of the old Derelict missions. Half of Pluto. Half of Kuva Fortress. Any Hijack Mission. Defense missions between waves. Interception to get to other points. Even long hallway Grineer Galleons.

Edit: Earth. 

K-drives aren't even faster than Warframes without being min-maxed, and it would only be fair to compare min-maxed Parkour speed against it which it will lose against, as that value is the same for most Warframe, and only ever goes higher. It would be about giving us a track, or obstacle course. Something less monotonous in missions than Bullet Jumping into doors waiting for them to open. 

59 minutes ago, EnwoQ said:

K drive in dojos would be fun

except you can probably only activate it where you can activate warframe abilities so probably not in Hubs, Dojo's or relays !

on another note, let us deploy regular k-drives on mission ? if the new frame can why not ?

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

outside of open worlds where exactly are you going to be able to use the k-drive 'smoothly' without bumping into stuff etc, just think how much hydroid/zephyr/volt etc gets stuck on stuff when trying to move around faster using their abilities.

yep, can't wait to take Yareli to Eris or Europa and grind my face against those narrow corridors. maybe if she had some kind of AoE or other benefit for crashing into walls like Gauss does, it wouldn't be so bad.

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

let us deploy regular k-drives on mission ? if the new frame can why not ?

we still don't have Necramechs in normal missions yet, which was promised long before Yareli was even a concept. I reckon DE refuses to admit they gave up on it knowing that it would make the game even more trivial than it is now, but admitting it would be breaking a promise that was made to the community. K-drives in missions would probably be much more likely though, since they're not great humping killer robots.

take it you've not been with a max strength volt spamming his 2....

i have a 300% strength Volt build that i don't ever change(it's balanced around everything else except efficiency) , i can easily parkour my way through any map with little to no bumps.

i guess it depends on muscle memory or mastery, i got used to that fast speed that i can't stand a slow Volt

36 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

still don't have Necramechs in normal missions yet, which was promised long before Yareli was even a concept. I reckon DE refuses to admit they gave up

recall the reason being the wisp boss was broken with mechs, but does not explain why it wasn't allowed on all missions except that one

take it you've not been with a max strength volt spamming his 2....

I have.

When i use titania with razorwing blitz build.

I simply gave up moving and wait for the extraction countdown from my squad.

33 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

recall the reason being the wisp boss was broken with mechs, but does not explain why it wasn't allowed on all missions except that one

then they can just not have mechs be available for assassinations. makes sense really as a fully modded mech would trivialize most bosses (not just the pushovers like Phorid and Sarge), and the warframes are still centre stage. 

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Do a backroll and you can deactivate volt's buff

woosshhh

But nice info for people who haven't know. If only everyone read the tips on abilities screen.

Bonus tip: iirc the tip actually says "backflip" instead of backroll. So i always do a little vertical jump before backflipping, seems to be more reliable for me -since my warframe seems to love automatically facing whenever direction i roll to.

6 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

woosshhh

But nice info for people who haven't know. If only everyone read the tips on abilities screen.

Bonus tip: iirc the tip actually says "backflip" instead of backroll. So i always do a little vertical jump before backflipping, seems to be more reliable for me -since my warframe seems to love automatically facing whenever direction i roll to.

I mean IDK, between doing a backflip and waiting for the extraction counter to reach zero, I'll pick the backflip

10 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Lets be realistic and think about things for a minute.... outside of open worlds where exactly are you going to be able to use the k-drive 'smoothly' without bumping into stuff etc,

Fair. To make Yareli work smoothly they'll need to make adjustments to her ride. (And hey, maybe all K-Drives will get a review while they're at it!)

• Much more forgiving on collision with small objects, reduce crashes.
  • Faster mounting and dismounting animations. Perhaps she could just step off her sea creature, or launch in the direction she's moving, instead of the full-stop backflip dismount.

I would love these changes.

Archived