Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Once again, DE ignores the community live on stream: Legendary rank 1

Kaiga

I think the elephant in the room from devstream was the fact that we're almost certainly getting enough MR from these new items to reach MR 31, and it was repeatedly asked in chat amid the flood of (laughably unhidden) !garaprime posts.

And reb completely ignored it the whole way through, taking questions about railjack, and everything but.

Is this something they've completely forgotten about on purpose?

It's not so much an elephant in the room, it's more-or-less a personal vendetta. Me, being MR 22, nearly 23, I, truthfully, don't see any point to DE adding more MR ranks to the game. I'm pretty sure that they said in one of their recent devstreams that MR 30 was the last MR being added to the game, I could be wrong but still. MR 30 players can give blessings that would end up costing plat to get in the first place. Either you're not happy with what DE gives us or you're expecting more out of this game than DE can provide.

Well since we aren't getting mastery rank 31 and are instead getting legendary rank 1, to me it implies that it has something to offer. Not sure what though. Could be a new reward, a cosmetic, access to something only legendary rank players have, like a level 9999 spawning simulacrum. Who knows, we can speculate til it releases, but I'm at least under the assumption that it has to offer something different otherwise it would just be called mastery rank 31 instead. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Being mr30 currently i could really care less.. and i rather took today's info rather than babbling about something so trivial.. but that's just my opinion.

Also "ignoring live on stream" is such a stretch..

You mean "I couldn't care less"? That's when it means you actually can't care less because your level of caring is already rock bottom. 

Just now, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Trying to make them see a question in that chat is almost impossible. 

Considering they talked about Mastery 30 before it released, and legendary ranks are a new tier, they may be saving the info about it for Tennocon possibly. Though if we definitely get this new Corpus lich update before then, we'll reach legendary rank before then. 

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

MR isn't as important as you think, sorry man. 

How many players do you think are even MR 30?

remember when only 3 weapons were MR locked and it was otherwise a meaningless number?

Ahh the good old days...

2 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

remember when only 3 weapons were MR locked and it was otherwise a meaningless number?

Ahh the good old days...

The whole "mastery isn't important" thing isn't valid anyway. They DID talk about Mastery 30, what it had to offer, the rewards and blessing, all before it released. So it should be fair for others to be curious as to why DE haven't really mentioned anything about legendary rank 1, you'd think it would have a little more hype than mastery 30.

2 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

Ahh the good old days...

With how much items there are in the game currently, its very easy to get to MR16 and unlock access to all relevant mastery locked items. The biggest problem with MR is the way it works and how much garbage you have to go through to increase it. As somebody who recently hit MR30, I'd argue that at least 70% of the items I went through were DoA AKA weapons you know are bad and only rank 'em up for the mastery points. (And I think I'm being generous here, that % is likely higher)

Didn't they say that mr 30 was the last reward and after that its just a number and each rank require same amount as it was between 29 and 30 ? So not sure what more info they need to give beside a reminder that no more loadout slots and riven slots and stuff is rewarded.

During the Q&A part of the stream the developers answer questions which are asked in the devstream announcement thread, and even then, they don't have to time answer them all and go into all the details about the things they want to show the community.

Locking this thread due to toxicity.

Archived