Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Lich concept?

GeeseGoosey

I was talking with someone about the sisters of parvos and we had an idea for an infested lich-like that could be created from having some infested creature latch on to you in a mission giving you some sort of different helminth cyst that grows into something less like a personal nemesis and more of an infested doppleganger, maybe having it become more like you the higher level it gets. maybe lore-wise it could be some mutation of the helminth strain that can copy warframes. just a weird idea I had, idk if anyone would find it interesting. also could give some use to a lot of infested weapons that are forgotten just because they aren't terribly powerful, despite being some of my favourite looking weapons

Evo Liches are coming, that's already been stated more or less. The entire point of liches is retaining faction flavor while being an "equal" (out loud #*!%ing lol) threat to any particular warframe.

This game is way into creepy levels of tenno-pandery enough already without [ANIMU] I AM WHAT YOU MADE ME FATHER DO YOU NOT LOVE ME [/ANIMU]

Did you watch Covenant? David the Daddy Issues Android covered alllllllllll the cringe you will ever need for a lifetime and also successfully destroyed 50 years of a franchise in about 30 minutes of teenage fanfiction.

No thanks.

Evo liches can keep their own identity, they don't need "and you appropriated my culture without the correct permission forms" waaaaay over there.

No, farther.

No, farther than that.

7 hours ago, GeeseGoosey said:

I was talking with someone about the sisters of parvos and we had an idea for an infested lich-like that could be created from having some infested creature latch on to you in a mission giving you some sort of different helminth cyst that grows into something less like a personal nemesis and more of an infested doppleganger, maybe having it become more like you the higher level it gets. maybe lore-wise it could be some mutation of the helminth strain that can copy warframes. just a weird idea I had, idk if anyone would find it interesting. also could give some use to a lot of infested weapons that are forgotten just because they aren't terribly powerful, despite being some of my favourite looking weapons

I kinda feel like thats basically the stalker already

In my opinion, liches shouldn't be the equal of players. They should be far superior, and a real struggle to beat for any squad. Your idea, however, has me thinking of something entirely different:

Corpus, Grineer, and Infested warframes!

How, exactly? Basically, a corpus researcher (probably Alad V) manages to 'obtain' a helminth, and then begins converting other, 'volunteering' corpus into warframes with it. He then grabs several ventkids and sends them into the void for a month or two, turning them into void-touched operators. He then sets up a corpus version of the Reservoir, and stashes the kids in it. He then has the kids remotely pilot the warframes he created via Transference. And just like that, the corpus have Tenno proxies of their own.

Grineer agents, desiring Tenno of their own, copy said researcher's methods with Operators of their own, this time created using specially bred clones that are either subjected to conversion into a warframe or sent into the void and made into operators.

And then there's the infested, who could just connect a warframe to the hive mind in order to make use of it, bypassing the operator entirely.

The end result is that those 3 factions now have enemies that can match warframes in combat.

On 2021-05-31 at 8:28 PM, GeeseGoosey said:

Well I’ve tried suggesting something similar to a parasite that feeds off the warframe’s dna and mutates into a simple version. Appearance wise just picture Nidus wearing an armor set that looks like it was made from a juggernaut. Even a juggernaut armor based helmet. And let’s just say you wouldn’t want to tick it off, as  parts of it body will shift and such and probably be very creepy. Sure you may have seen enough resident evil to picture the kind of stuff I’m talking about. 

Since the infested are always “we are your flesh”, figured they should be able to copy certain aspects of the frames but not completely. Such as:

1). Having an anthropomorphic shape.

2). Capable of at least minimum speech. 

3). Knows how to fight with infested based weapons that looks like body parts.

4). Can use certain abilities similar to select few warframes. 

Like if Frost or other frames of the category get targeted, the lich would be able to shoot a quick hardening goo that slows you down. Maybe melee is required to shake it off faster. 

Obviously charging would be a typical ability. But maybe something like if rhino was the target, they can leap into the air and perform a slam. 

They could do something like Nezha’s fire steps but leaves an acid trail instead. 

Basically they can do certain elemental abilities but replaced with toxic, gas, and corrosive acidic damage. 

I also made a concept of a kuva infused infested assassin. Maybe some parts of that concept could be used. 

But I can picture an infested version of nearly every ability. There’s almost no ability I can think of that I can’t picture an infested version of. So it’s really up to DE how they want to go about it. 

Then there’s sentients. With Alad V’s knowledge of warframe and his Zanuka projects, I’m surprised we haven’t seen an Amalgam Zanuka yet. But part of me wonders since he experimented with infested and sentients, what if he created some sentient virus that he injects into someone and after their encounter with a frame and lose, they adapt to become something capable of defeating said frame. But the experiment was flawed as it can only adapt one time. After that it won’t survive again if defeated. 

Really got me wondering. What DE has planned.

in terms of content, an Infested Lich is something I can see happening, after Queenpins and Kuva Lich's its only inevitable.

However, the way I see it: Some infested are capable of speech, thus showing at least a little intelligence.
So what if, upon creation of an Infested Lich (for now I'll call them 'Mutants'), some kuva from the players inventory gets into them and causes them to go insane from the power, becoming power-hungry and aggressive, but also more intelligent and capable of rudimentary english (or whatever language your game is in), having creepy, hungry dialogue (eg: "I'll absorb you and become stronger, stronger, stronger!" or just maniacal laughter).

As for how they look, I can picture 3 types, all of which having different ways of attacking, weapons and abilities: Bird/Drone, Anthropomorphic, Beast. The type your Mutant is depending on the type of weapon it has.
Bird/Drone - would be a Mutant with wings or osprey parts which help them stay airborne, and would have secondary weapons at its disposal, its abilities being focused on status and simple annoyance (causes constant staggering, etc)
Anthropomorphic - A humanoid Mutant which can vary in size from Nezha-tall to a giant hulking monster the size of a full-power Atlas Rumbler. Would have primary weapons with AoE abilities. Might be able to perform advanced parkour tactics the player can (bullet jumping, aim gliding, etc)
Beast - a quadruped Mutant roughly the size of a Juggernaut which has a melee weapon (either in their mouth or integrated into their body in some way). Would use single-target abilities.
Maybe the design of the thralls they summon depend on the tileset? Grineer Tilesets would have laser-cutters and amalgamated metal integrated into their bodies, Corpus Tilesets would have holographic screens and laser cannons integrated into their bodies, and Infested Tilesets would have a mixture of both

23 hours ago, (XBOX)KawaiiAsa said:

in terms of content, an Infested Lich is something I can see happening, after Queenpins and Kuva Lich's its only inevitable.

However, the way I see it: Some infested are capable of speech, thus showing at least a little intelligence.
So what if, upon creation of an Infested Lich (for now I'll call them 'Mutants'), some kuva from the players inventory gets into them and causes them to go insane from the power, becoming power-hungry and aggressive, but also more intelligent and capable of rudimentary english (or whatever language your game is in), having creepy, hungry dialogue (eg: "I'll absorb you and become stronger, stronger, stronger!" or just maniacal laughter).

As for how they look, I can picture 3 types, all of which having different ways of attacking, weapons and abilities: Bird/Drone, Anthropomorphic, Beast. The type your Mutant is depending on the type of weapon it has.
Bird/Drone - would be a Mutant with wings or osprey parts which help them stay airborne, and would have secondary weapons at its disposal, its abilities being focused on status and simple annoyance (causes constant staggering, etc)
Anthropomorphic - A humanoid Mutant which can vary in size from Nezha-tall to a giant hulking monster the size of a full-power Atlas Rumbler. Would have primary weapons with AoE abilities. Might be able to perform advanced parkour tactics the player can (bullet jumping, aim gliding, etc)
Beast - a quadruped Mutant roughly the size of a Juggernaut which has a melee weapon (either in their mouth or integrated into their body in some way). Would use single-target abilities.
Maybe the design of the thralls they summon depend on the tileset? Grineer Tilesets would have laser-cutters and amalgamated metal integrated into their bodies, Corpus Tilesets would have holographic screens and laser cannons integrated into their bodies, and Infested Tilesets would have a mixture of both

This was a concept I made a year ago. Maybe certain aspects of the concept could be used for the Liches?

Either way I don’t just want some repeat. Some infested knock off or doppelgänger. Actually bring more to the game. Add a more interesting mission or game mode. 

There’s like dozens of more stuff I’m imagining but I don’t know what the limits are. Maybe if we continue to share, spam, post, and support infested ideas, DE might actually make them a reality. Not all ideas can be contrasted into a single post. Unless Somebody creates a unique feedback/concept like thread strictly for infested ideas.  

Either way, do you think there are any parts of this concept that could be implemented into infested Liches? Maybe both could become a reality at the same time? Like my concept could be almost like a patient Zero for the liches? Something. 

Archived