I am confused about Yareli and the overall art & story direction of the game [Spoilers for Second Dream and Sevagoth questline]

Nadameru

Just now, Attel_Malagate said:

Well yeah trying to aggressively display your lack of taste tends to have that effect

Lol, you're this abrasive and claim that someone with a mildly anime-related Glyph is tasteless?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Attel_Malagate said:

Theme and plot can be used interchangeably in that case because my point was that your where either bad or dishonest when describing it.

And he dodges once more!

You still have not given me a name for that elusive "pole dancer", so I'm going to assume you pulled that one from your rear end.

I'll give you two hints. 1: It starts with "Harrier". 2: It's not Harrier than your rear end.

Those animations are secondary details anyway

Ah, good. That takes Yareli's animations out of the discussion, then. What's left is a skin that's on the same level as stuff like Ivara Prime, Mirage Oneiro, and Banshee Soprana. Thread's over, the "issue" is solved.

Warframes should stick with  forces of nature or myth/ tropes as their base

On 2021-06-02 at 9:27 AM, RazerXPrime said:

girly anime tropes

Lmao.

21 minutes ago, Attel_Malagate said:

as we move yet again away from the space ninja/ dark space opera

they say, ignoring that Limbo was released in 2014. Also, something something selective preference in Asian pop culture icons.

25 minutes ago, Attel_Malagate said:

as you apparently cannot discuss anything seriously

The irony of this comment being uttered in a thread filled with people raging about anime girls is amazing.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
En 31/5/2021 a las 23:14, Nadameru dijo:

not enough substance to appreciate.

The only part I agree with.

The universe of Warframe is not rotting like the one from Dark Souls nor even is as dark as many other sci-fi universes, in fact I could easily say that is even "brighter" than in the Orokin Era but we dont see it because we are war machines created to stay on the battle so we never knew another people than the ones that gets in our way BUT both the warframes and the operators are still humans wich brings up the Yareli topic.

You see, having a light blue dress and a cute face doesnt mean its a "kids thing" think about it, matter of fact this could be the darkest story so far since they said that she is the youngest warframe to the date meaning.... exactly! she was the youngest soldier that was infested (wich as you said it was pretty disgusting) and became a warframe but we cant talk about it anymore since the quest isnt out yet is it?

Thats it, you can stop reading now but I'd like to point two things for those who are deep into the lore

En 31/5/2021 a las 23:14, Nadameru dijo:

Here's an example to further elaborate what I found to be a problematic approach to writing in Warframe:
I played Sevagoth questline not too long ago. The premise was mysterious and tense; an ethereal ship untethered from reality responding to call signs. With my preexisting experience and knowledge of the game these questions came into my mind: Would there be more about the void? How has Sevagoth been affected by this? These questions served to hook me into the narrative and encouraged me to actively participate. All suspense related to the void and Sevagoth was promptly shattered by a sequence involving me pressing 2 and 4 to a person singing about their personal tragedy for 2min30s. Sevagoth gets unceremoniously jettisoned into space a minute after, and I'm no longer compelled by the narrative or any detail it had to offer after its conclusion.

This leaves me thinking that you are not so interested in the lore as you say because those questions are really easy to awnser even if you dont play the quest: 1) Ofc there'd be more about the void just because not even the most advanced race of the entire galaxy could explain what it really is 2) He was struck by a massive void storm.

When?, where?, how? questions are easy to awnser if you were really interested you would ask why? what is/was/are/were?

In fact, almost every quest will leave you with at least one question but here are some examples of The Call of the Tempestarii:

- Why Sevagoth was affected by the void storm? Its a warframe, they are supposed to canalize the Operators void energy so why would the void leave him so bad?

- Why the Tempestarii absorbed the void energy? Its a ship but while we are driving it Cy says that its generating missiles so why the Tempestarii appears to be alive?

- What is inside the Railjack's "engine"? A finger, really? then why Sevagoth was on the same capsule when we found him but its described as a Life Support Capsule so the railjack's engine is a life support capsule too?

- Why water? 

Edited by VoidArkhangel
some clarification
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Attel_Malagate said:

her whole design is literally centered around being a moe anime idol

Her design is actually centered on being Sailor Neptune. Which, honestly is maybe the one valid reasons to be upset about her idle animations. Michiru wasn't bubbly, she was elegant and poised.

They arent going to do the rest of the Sailor Guardians though, so it's fair enough to make Yareli a bit broader in terms of personality. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, (NSW)Larena said:

They arent going to do the rest of the Sailor Guardians though, so it's fair enough to make Yareli a bit broader in terms of personality.

A visual look and an idle animation does not a personality make.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

A visual look and an idle animation does not a personality make.

Okay?? Dont know what point you're trying to make but I'm sure it's really smart braingenius.

The old artstyle have long since been abandoned in favour of the new direction which is currently widly accepted by the playerbase. As if releasing angel wings in february wasn't clear enough/alarming indication of the way DE is going. The introduction of the loli frame was neither surprising nor was it unexpecting, this was only inevitable. What is acceptable becomes the norm and so this is the result, this notion will only continue to prevail.

Some individuals remain (such as myself), dwelling on dark sector's legacy viewing warframe as a spiritual successor of the latter. Alas not anymore. Not anymore dark sci-fi, not even dark fantasy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mokkun108 said:

The old artstyle have long since been abandoned in favour of the new direction which is currently widly accepted by the playerbase. As if releasing angel wings in february wasn't clear enough/alarming indication of the way DE is going. The introduction of the loli frame was neither surprising nor was it unexpecting, this was only inevitable. What is acceptable becomes the norm and so this is the result, this notion will only continue to prevail.

And then there are those like me who absolutely #*!%ing HATED the original Warframe design and still do. I can't stand looking at most of the original Warframes and even some of the newer ones I have to hope for alternate skins for. I still find the Grineer absolutely unsightly, with their skinny chicken legs bulbous torsos. I do like their overall design aesthetic, however, as shown by the various Graxx skins. Every time DE release a new Warframe that looks like a mass of tumours wrapped up by dollar store scarves, I have to wonder why even finds this art style appealing, but there are clearly those who appreciate it.

We all meet the game in the middle. I have to work pretty hard with Warframe colouring to hide some of the dazzle camouflage look of Vanilla skins, or straight up buy more angular skins. Incidentally, I really don't like the look of Yareli. Rebecca praising all the distracting dangly bits on her was difficult to sit through just because I'd pay money to take the fabric flaps OFF my various Warframes, but again - to each his own.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got through 7 stages of grief watching people defend their niche hobbies, IMO the frame doesn't suit the tone of Warframe lore at all, but if DE needs "that" money then they're exempted from judgement, and also weebs are one of the biggest cash sources for any anime related/themed games you could find in the internet as they're willing to ignore any faults in both value and product as long as it enacts their fantasy and whims, they're so good at funding weeb things that's how anime and cringe got over saturated, so it really just comes down to marketing and aesthetics, but if anything please don't do this to us DE.

P.S. yes, i try to be less abrasive cause i learned my lesson from chat bans. please don't ban me anymore i got relics to grind.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Veroct said:

I just got through 7 stages of grief watching people defend their niche hobbies, IMO the frame doesn't suit the tone of Warframe lore at all, but if DE needs "that" money then they're exempted from judgement, and also weebs are one of the biggest cash sources for any anime related/themed games you could find in the internet as they're willing to ignore any faults in both value and product as long as it enacts their fantasy and whims, they're so good at funding weeb things that's how anime and cringe got over saturated, so it really just comes down to marketing and aesthetics, but if anything please don't do this to us DE.

My reaction:

10 hours ago, Veroct said:

I just watched people go through 7 stages of grief defending their niche hobbies

You guys seem to be forgetting something about the warframes. While, yes, they were made with the Helminth infestation and a lot of them like Rhino have super dark, murderous tendencies and backstories, once the tenno are in control they aren't murderous monsters they are basically being completely controlled by a human teenager. Do the tenno themselves have a pretty messed up, dark story? Yeah sure, but they aren't murderous psychopaths. Nezha rescues a bunch of child soldiers because he knows what it's like to be a child soldier. Yareli is apparently tied to the vent kids, you think maybe she acts all cute and anime to cheer them up and keep them hopeful? Just cause the lore is dark fantasy doesn't mean it can't have bright spots and people trying their best to keep hope alive. Not every frame needs to be about nothing but destruction, death, murder, and mayhem. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Veroct said:

I just got through 7 stages of grief watching people defend their niche hobbies.

:crylaugh:

You must live a charmed life, if you have the time and energy to not only go through the five stages of grief, but come up with two brand new stages of grief just to be sad that other people have different opinions than you about cosmetics in a video game. 

:crylaugh: 

• Like 3

The lighthearted, girly stuff is fine for the game.  Titania is probably the most messed up frame we have.  I mean, she kills people with butterflies.  She steals souls.  And she suspends her enemies in the air, turning them into lanterns that attract other enemies.  That's way more disturbing than edgelady Garuda (though I love her) and her altars of gore.

I'll start to worry when we get an overabundance of these sorts of aesthetics, like if the frame after Yareli is some sort of (shudder) Catboy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

The lighthearted, girly stuff is fine for the game.  Titania is probably the most messed up frame we have.  I mean, she kills people with butterflies.  She steals souls.  And she suspends her enemies in the air, turning them into lanterns that attract other enemies.  That's way more disturbing than edgelady Garuda (though I love her) and her altars of gore.

Let's not forget our local chonker with weaponized barf.

• Like 2

I actually like her personality, she separate herself from big and bad category. Her designs and animation just show how youthful she is. A young selfless warframe that became the idol of the ventkids she saved. I like a lil diversity in warframe designs, and their story. Just shows that not all warframes come out like Marines with ptsd. 

• Like 1

It was like watching the lost episode of Avatar: the Last Waterbender the Lost Warframe. DE has contradicted themselves in the past, I try not to take the story too seriously now.

Spoiler alert:

Spoiler
  • Beginning of Warframe:

Tenno asleep for hundreds of years. Lephantis self-replicating for hundreds of year.

• Middle of Warframe:

Teshin reveals that Orokin suffer from old age and need fresh bodies. Except Alad and Ballas.

• Current Era:

Infested Entrati do not age. Nef Anyo is a direct decendant of Parvos Granum's genetic material.

This all stopped making sense a long time ago. For me it started when I would "kill" the same bad guy again and again. It's just a game with bad planners at this point. Now I try to play for fun.

Edited by LillyRaccune