Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Experience Waste~.

KamaNightfire

Can we please have some type of system to use our over-flowing EXP gains on something. I'd honestly adore having a system where 1,000,000 extra exp that went towards a maxed rank item would give +500 Mastery or something, anything to give people an incentive to grind out EXP for more than just for leveling unranked gear.

This is an accurate EXP amount for my Nova, as it's from my clan, for which i'm the only one in it, so it kept track of ALL my exp gains.

x6e99t.png

I'v got enough EXP on my Nova to rank ALL Warframes from 0-30 over 1.75 times. I'v forma'd 6 times so that leaves me with over 16.4 Million unused EXP that's just been sitting there.

Hell even making it where you can exchange 1,000,000 = 100K Credits would be wonderful.

Just my thought :P

Edited by Hermaphrodite

Can we please have some type of system to use our over-flowing EXP gains on some things. I'd honestly adore having a system where 1,000,000 extra exp that went towards a maxed rank item would give +500 Mastery or something, anything to give people an incentive to grind out EXP for more than just for leveling unranked gear.

This is an accurate EXP amount for my Nova, as it's from my clan, for which i'm the only one in it, so it kept track of ALL my exp gains.

x6e99t.png

I'v got enough EXP on my Nova to rank ALL Warframes from 0-30 over 1.75 times. I'v forma'd 6 times so that leaves me with over 16.4 Million unused EXP that's just been sitting there.

Hell even making it where you can exchange 1,000,000 = 100K Credits would be wonderful.

Just my thought :P

10M for potato...? :D

I would agree with this.  While I'm still starting to play the game, there doesn't seem to be any point in using my lvl 30 gear besides if I run into a really tough adversary (which is generally rare at my point in the game).

Getting something out of the extra xp would be cool, even if it is just 100K credits.  Added them to Mastery Rank would make most sense though... 

While I don't think that experience going directly to mastery would be a good Idea, and I'm unexcited about the credit conversion I do have an alternative that might also be good.

Let 25% of experience we gain for an item that is max ranked go to any weapon or warframe that is not maxed that we currently have equipped.

This means that levelling up gear alone due to personality or connection isn't as difficult as it is now and allows us to not feel like we are completely wasting time using our maxed stuff when we could be using something lower level and getting experience for new guns and increase our mastery.

Here are the arguments against this idea that I could come up with off the top of my head as well as my rebuttals for them:

"You shouldn't' be able to gain to mastery by not using a weapon and just leaching experience!" We already do this now in squads and if this was the only way you were grinding out your mastery it would still take you four times as long. 

"This will make solo as appealing for levelling as multiplayer, you're trying to ruin one of the draws of multiplayer!" No, I'm not. In fact this would only make levelling up in a group even faster.

"Why would using a weapon/warfame I've maxed make me better at using this other gun/warframe? U MAKE NO SENSE" Why does watching our allies kill stuff make us better at using a weapon/warframe? Sometimes stuff doesn't make sense, it just works that way.

Edited by Drasiel

You can't use one frame all day everyday and then turn around and demand the system changed to suit your playstyle.

I'm sorry, but that's not how it works.

Not changing, it's adding onto , it's not like everyone doesn't have a favorite frame or weapon that's getting large amount of EXP they don't use.

Just because in my example I have a large amount doesn't mean it shouldn't be suggested.

Not changing, it's adding onto , it's not like everyone doesn't have a favorite frame or weapon that's getting large amount of EXP they don't use.

Just because in my example I have a large amount doesn't mean it shouldn't be suggested.

You make a good point, but the underlying problems are larger than your suggestion.

The Mastery Rank system, and people's predisposed concepts of what 'leveling' should be in a video game are the root problems.

You're treating a symptom of those issues, not attempting to dig deep and find the root of why you're having a problem to begin with.

I would suggest a mechanic that lets you give 10-20% of the exp from e.g. a level 30 warframe to weapons, sentinels etc. at the end of a level, because its annoying to begin leveling a lvl 1 weapon with a lvl 30 warframe. I know, kappa and stuff, but playing with randoms is even more annoying...

In total, the whole mastery system has nothing to do with skill but only boring, stupid, dumb grinding.

i agree. what i really hate is when rng gives you a login reward for a maxed frame/item. i msged DERebecca about it, and it doesnt seem theres any interest in remedying it. 

me: Sent 29 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Sorry, i couldnt post my question in time, the thread has been locked. i was wondering if we had a solution to getting exp for fram/primary/seconday when our current frame equipped is maxed in those areas. the reward is very disappointing, especially if the exp just disappears. And even if were to roll over to another frame/primary/secondary, we of course would like to choose which one to level rather than have it automatically applied to that skana over our Dark sword or something.

DERebecca

Overlord

• photo-thumb-4.png?_r=1383187169
  • ADMINISTRATOR
  • 2748 posts

Sent 30 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hmm, no word on that overflow, sorry! Not sure if there is a plan for that...

What to do with overflow? Forma. The experience flows at the same rate regardless if you have reached the max rank of your weapon or frame, so there really is nothing additional to expect out of it. Obviously there are a lot more weapons than frames, so you're going to have more frame exp than any weapon in your inventory.

And if you got all frames on rank 30?

I have for quite some time now, and expect nothing in return because I rotate freely between them.

How about making a set % of the xp you earned since maxing a frame to 30 count towards a couple of levels of the same frame when your forma it?

So like you hit rank 30 on xcal and then earn another 10 million xp after that, instead of starting at level 1 you would start at level 10 (1 million xp per bonus starting level), however it can never grant you more than 10 levels per forma, to prevent you from stacking up tons on xp and then chain forma'ing them.

I remember on SD Gundam Capsule Fighter there was a cash shop item that you could have all of your extra exp flow into until it was filled, which would turn it into a consumable to get that experience.  If there was something similar to that in this game, I would approve it so you could give your weapons a little head start at lower ranks.

I think overflow is a good idea and would add longevity, making it slightly more meaningful to grind with maxed out frames/weapons.

Perhaps a Conjure system where you get options to spend overflow exp to get a random mod (similar to Transmute):

- 10k for a common mod (unlocked at a low mastery e.g. lvl 3)

- 50k for a uncommon mod (unlocked at a mid mastery e.g. lvl 6)

- 250k for a rare mod (unlocked at a high mastery lvl e.g. lvl 9)

Edited by yiron

Perhaps a Conjure system where you get options to spend overflow exp to get a random mod (similar to Transmute):

- 10k for a common mod (unlocked at a low mastery e.g. lvl 3)

- 50k for a uncommon mod (unlocked at a mid mastery e.g. lvl 6)

- 250k for a rare mod (unlocked at a high mastery lvl e.g. lvl 9)

i like. Warframe loves mods already, so more features around mods, why not ;)

as long as it accrues without end. so every item always has something to look forward to. 

ah! better yet, all of your max Rank equipment would trickle XP into a pool, it will save forever. you can spent it whenever you want, much like you would Credits. spending it to roll between common, uncommon, and rare mods. 

so, over time, you can roll the dice for a few mods, and maybe you'll get something interesting from it.

^^