Dear De, next update don't forget about shotguns

Last DevStream they talked about adding power to guns via mods. Id like to just post a reminder to not forget about Shotgun mods like theyve been doing lately. Shotguns didnt get an Impact-to-Slash mod like primaries and secodnaries, and Critical Deceleration didnt get a change like the rest of the Crit Chance corrupted mods. And TBH Primed Shotgun Savy is past overdue at this point. 

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

They didn't forget, we will have a kuva hek. :> kehehe

if it isnt super broken to rivel twice the dps of melee, do to it being single target and slow compaire to melee, i dont vne want to grind it

shotguns are so bad, sooo unfun to use, that if they dont 1 tap they r going o be useless do to how fast u can kill with a 100 round rifle magazine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

if it isnt super broken to rivel twice the dps of melee, do to it being single target and slow compaire to melee, i dont vne want to grind it

shotguns are so bad, sooo unfun to use, that if they dont 1 tap they r going o be useless do to how fast u can kill with a 100 round rifle magazine

They can one tap....if you debuff/buff yourself and put more than 2 forma in them

• Like 2

all non AoE hitscan weapons, be they rifles, pistols or shotguns, need to be given equivalents to Shattering Impact, condition overload etc, to make them into viable single target weapons' that trade AoE for high scaling damage that can tackle enemies even at very high levels. AoE spam weapons like Shedu or Bramma don't really need that much help IMO, but weapons like Soma Prime, Sicarus, Latron etc. do need something to give them a reason to be used alongside AoE weapons.

• Like 2

The fact that shotguns are inferior to melee weapons in close quarters and inferior to rifles in open spaces gives one the idea.

I wont be against a more agressive fall off if we get at least 2.5x the current damage, and some shotguns like tigris family REALLY need to be updated since the patch that removed the 100% status thing destroyed them.

To this day most shotguns are bad at status proccing and at damage dealing :P

vor 4 Stunden schrieb T-Shark69:

Last DevStream they talked about adding power to guns via mods. Id like to just post a reminder to not forget about Shotgun mods like theyve been doing lately. Shotguns didnt get an Impact-to-Slash mod like primaries and secodnaries, and Critical Deceleration didnt get a change like the rest of the Crit Chance corrupted mods. And TBH Primed Shotgun Savy is past overdue at this point. 

shotguns and other single target garbage with semi-auto mental deficiency belongs in hell!

there the sinners should "play" with it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM30BQ9I78UxDCAnqvtGk

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

yes but its not Christmas yet, being disappointed in july doesn't seem festive

Agreed we got the Critical Damage mod but not the Crit Chance one hopefully it will be released eventually..

I'm excited for the kuva hek because the hek has always been a very powerful shotgun...

That said I really hope DE allows us to use the Sydincate mod with it..

I know the reason they didn't let us use it on Vaykor Hek is because it already had AOE Damage which is typically what these mods add..

Well the Kuva Hek won't have the AOE effect so I really hope we can use the Sydincate Mod! 

6 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

I agree completely, i think shot guns are in the worst shape of all the wepons, the astilla is a perfect example, i would like to see a scaling mod like blood rush or condition overload for primary wepons, obviously not the same stat increase but something that allows the gun to get stronger based on your enemies level would be fantastic 

18 hours ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

I agree completely, i think shot guns are in the worst shape of all the wepons, the astilla is a perfect example, i would like to see a scaling mod like blood rush or condition overload for primary wepons, obviously not the same stat increase but something that allows the gun to get stronger based on your enemies level would be fantastic 

Astilla is in a special spot because its neither a true rifle nor a real shotgun.
Its not very hard hitting like other shotguns and doesn't have the ammo reserves of rifles.
Imo it would be enough to double its default ammo reserves and buff the damage by ~10%

Shotguns are ok compared to other ranged weapons but will never be able to compete as long meta melee builds can outclass anything else within spitting distance.

Scaling should be something that all weapons do on their own without mods but thats just my opinion

On 2021-06-01 at 2:59 AM, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

If you think shotguns are bad but rifles are good, I would love to visit whatever inverted universe your game is connected to

• Like 2

On 2021-06-01 at 9:46 AM, ReddyDisco said:

yes but its not Christmas yet, being disappointed in july doesn't seem festive

I am so used to seeing you ask for Primed Blunderbuss that at first I thought he was you when he posted that, I mentally imagined it being your screenname lol. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I am so used to seeing you ask for Primed Blunderbuss that at first I thought he was you when he posted that, I mentally imagined it being your screenname lol. 

He is me, Primed Blunderbuss unites us

• Like 4

i do... 

there r like 2 good shotguns...

And like half a good rifle. And even then you need God rivens to kill more than one enemy per magazine

• Like 2

ur drunk

And you're hyping up rifles without any good demonstrations of what they can do. Even in Steel Path, nothing can survive three headshots from my best shotguns. My best rifles? A good ten seconds to kill anything

В 03.06.2021 в 09:20, (PSN)Spider_Enigma сказал:

ur drunk

Ahem.
The Corinth.
Drakgoon and Kuva Drakgoon.
Hek and Vaykor Hek.
The Tigris.

Don't have much other shotguns but it's preposterous to say they aren't good.

В 03.06.2021 в 11:13, TARINunit9 сказал:

And you're hyping up rifles without any good demonstrations of what they can do. Even in Steel Path, nothing can survive three headshots from my best shotguns. My best rifles? A good ten seconds to kill anything

Well there IS the Zenith!
And then there's the sniper rifles. I've been maining Vulkar A LOT before I got most of the weapons I have now. Also Rubico's nice!
There's also the Boltor which I really like.