Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Worlds Are Stunning

SheikaVoid

Hey, I'm aware that it's unlikely anyone from DE will actually see this, but I thought I'd share my appreciation for the "landscapes", the open worlds, in Warframe.

To have gone from a game entirely based around discrete, tile-based maps with small corridors and generative layouts to one where all three open worlds rival even the best of triple A offerings in terms of beauty and interactivity is incredible.

Fortuna's caves are glorious, and its interactive Corpus structures and signals lend a sense of realism to the world that no survival mission's alarms can.

The Plains have perhaps the most gorgeous foliage anywhere in the game, and its side activities are soothing and enjoyable.

Deimos, with its unique appearance and densely-packed content, really knocks the model out of the park, bringing the whole associated questline up as a result.

That's all really.

Sometimes I'll enter one of the open world areas with a plan, and I'll find myself just sort of cruising through the area on my K-drive, scrapping with the odd patrol and watching the day go by, no rush to carry the plan out (sometimes my self-alotted game time runs out before I've even started what I meant to do in the first place, and it's all good). I'm well familiar with all of the zones, yet at times I'm struck by how rewarding it can be to go slow in Warframe.

edit: Love your descriptions 👍

Jesus, I sincerely hope more people can see this. Everyone's just METAMETAMETA these days, that's why all the fun in warframe is lost.

While I myself am quite a meta person, I always do unorthodox builds for fun.
Such as that one time I've put about 10-15 firerate on my Kuva Drakgoon and just rapidfired it so hard the entire room was Drakgoon shots XD

Personally to me they feel lifeless and dead. Having areas like open worlds should have mini quests, npcs going about their business, wildlife thats not aggressive till you attack it and some that is without causing the enemy faction alert the entire plains of your presence over a squirrel. The problem is that theyre too small to be filled with adequate things to make it  while still providing an enemy threat while being too big to make it fun to run from camp to camp with the few things we are given to do. 

That said, enemies should be a rarity rather than a constant annoyance when youre exploring. Its less immersive getting enemies teleporting in and immediately seeing you from miles off than it is just having a few camps scattered around and a bunch of random wildlife instead. Definitely feel like they need a rework

Archived