Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do we craft the warframes using strictly robotic parts?

(PSN)Jmazing7

If you didn't catch the spoiler tag, this is your final warning.

I guess I need to preface this with saying yes I have completed all of the quests and I am currently MR 28 and just curious about how the gameplay works with the lore.

So from my understanding of what the warframes are, they are made by infecting people with the helminth strain of the technocyte virus. And yes I do know that there are multiple iterations of each warframe, whether it be made during or after the old war, or made by the orokin (which would make it a prime I believe?) or made by some third party. But now when we as the players obtain the blueprints for the warframes, we craft robotic parts. Now unless Ordis is lying to us and every time we craft a warframe he kidnaps a person and infects them with the helminth strain, I don't see how we are crafting the warframes without a human surrogate.

Please let me know if I misunderstand something, I by no means think I am totally fluent in the entire story of warframe.

Here is where I got all my information on the background of the warframes. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Story_and_History mixed with some of my own codex reading.

easy. 

your foundry crafts the robotic parts first, and then it hands the half-finished warframe to the helminth to let the big mouth do whatever tentacle_pit transformation thing it needs.

it all happens when you are looking at that holo warframe head on the foundry.

Well this thread is a bit of a spoiler so a spoiler tag should be added.

Most logical conclusion is that the organic matter is grown(that's where the helminth comes in play) when crafting a warframe. As I understand the infestation learns a form and memorizes it and uses it to create new duplicate units(chargers, crawlers, ancient,...)

My guess would be that in a similar matter the Helminth learns how to craft a specific warframe.

Well, it's not strictly robotic parts, plenty of infested resources are used too. But TBH, resources used is pretty much always gameplay before lore.

Beyond that, presumably you only need a surrogate to create the original, after that you just need the raw materials and the Infested's natural cloning abilities.

i think you have a misunderstanding of how the warframes are created. they are all composed of infested material and robotics. this is why the warframes cant become infested because they are of the infestation already. there is no person required to be infected.  
IDK where youre at in the game story but theres several lines of dialogue indicating that the infested parts of a warframe are what helps keep biological functions intact for controlling/repairing it. im probably mis-speaking here but i dont want to reveal too much.

In short warframes are all just infestation encased in a hard shell.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

-snip- 

unless Ordis is lying to us and every time we craft a warframe he kidnaps a person and infects them with the helminth strain, I don't see how we are crafting the warframes without a human surrogate.

Please let me know if I misunderstand something, I by no means think I am totally fluent in the entire story of warframe.

doing the "primary quests" will answer a lot of these questions Namely the Second Dream.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

Read this thread and now all I can think about is my little operator trying to assemble the new warframe they picked up from Ikea.

Mate they just started, spoilers plz

There's more details, but Warframes are biomechanical. They have means to grow the 'bio' seperately.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Someone just starting should probably finish the quests before coming to a forum and start talking about the story

Perhaps, but that doesn't prevent common courtesy.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Someone just starting should probably finish the quests before coming to a forum and start talking about the story

unless they are trying to process the story so far and are looking for extra clarity from the community in which case the forums are a great place for community clarity/perspective. It is also possible to not know that the story has several chapters rather than a collection of disconnected small stories/quests. Warframe has both and unless you play them you won't know which is which, esp. when some of the one off stories tie into, very vaguely, an over arcing plot.

29 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

As far as I know the frames are simply empty husk copies of the originals (cept for Umbra?)

They're clones. That's why your frame saves you in Second Dream -- since you canNOT have Umbra in that scene the first time

44 minutes ago, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

So from my understanding of what the warframes are, they are made by infecting people with the helminth strain of the technocyte virus. And yes I do know that there are multiple iterations of each warframe, whether it be made during or after the old war, or made by the orokin (which would make it a prime I believe?) or made by some third party. But now when we as the players obtain the blueprints for the warframes, we craft robotic parts. Now unless Ordis is lying to us and every time we craft a warframe he kidnaps a person and infects them with the helminth strain, I don't see how we are crafting the warframes without a human surrogate.

First off, I would recommend marking this thread as having spoilers in it.

It sounds like you are assuming that blueprints can only exist for robotic parts.  In the world of Warframe, that is most definitely not the case. As seen in The Sacrifice quest, Umbra is capable of being regenerated (cloned?) from much less than a full body.  The same principles apply to other Warframes.  So you don't need a new body to infect, you just regenerate the old infected body.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

First off, I would recommend marking this thread as having spoilers in it.

This is my first post but I'm pretty sure I put a spoiler tag

1 minute ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

It sounds like you are assuming that blueprints can only exist for robotic parts.  In the world of Warframe, that is most definitely not the case. As seen in The Sacrifice quest, Umbra is capable of being regenerated (cloned?) from much less than a full body.  The same principles apply to other Warframes.  So you don't need a new body to infect, you just regenerate the old infected body.

Wow, I completely forgot that you literally build umbra in your foundry from nothing, so yes I see how a warframe can be built using parts from your foundry and still have the human surrogate.

I dont know why people dont get the lore. Every frame we make out of the foundry is made by the helminth (it even says so! not out of ancient orokin humans!) with discovered blueprints. Prime stuff with the original orokin knowledge recovered from relics, and made superior as a result.

That's how nidus/valkyr/etc. prime can exist. We literally make it in a 3D printer, it isnt the original.

No lore debate at all

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Perhaps, but that doesn't prevent common courtesy

Of course a spoiler tag should be there when talking about the story, I was specifically talking about a new player that didn't finish the story starting a thread asking about it they're probably gonna get spoiled, thankfully that isn't the case here

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Of course a spoiler tag should be there when talking about the story, I was specifically talking about a new player that didn't finish the story starting a thread asking about it they're probably gonna get spoiled, thankfully that isn't the case here

TC has already responded saying they are MR 28. Also, you can see that their account has a join date of 2018. 

Furthermore Second Dream is hardly a spoiler at this point. You can see operators when viewing 99% of player profiles, people talk about them all the time, people use them constantly in missions etc.

Discussion of operators is not a spoiler. People need to get off their high horse and recognize that it is 2021. Operators have been a core part of Warframe for years. DE themselves do not mark Operator-talk as spoiler when they do release notes...

Just look at the most recent hotfix. Literally the first note mentions operators without a spoiler tag.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Read this thread and now all I can think about is my little operator trying to assemble the new warframe they picked up from Ikea.

"Ordis, where's the fourth screw? WHERE IS IT?! no, I didn't drop it, it's supposed to have 4 screws, I only have 3!!" 

Archived