Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do we craft the warframes using strictly robotic parts?

(PSN)Jmazing7

11 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

We already have 3 series of Warframe types and the “Protoframes” that are Necramechs. Do you really want another series of frames?

Considering that the first wave of warframes were all destroyed, I fail to see how that's relevant. I'm asking you why you think that the Umbra suffix was tied to said first wave, since there's nothing in lore stating such.

Also, calling Umbra a "series" is a bit generous, since we've only got one such frame at the moment and DE have not announced plans to release any others (the most they've said is that if they did more Umbra frames, not every frame would be eligible for an Umbra model)

On 2021-06-01 at 11:27 PM, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

If you didn't catch the spoiler tag, this is your final warning.

I guess I need to preface this with saying yes I have completed all of the quests and I am currently MR 28 and just curious about how the gameplay works with the lore.

So from my understanding of what the warframes are, they are made by infecting people with the helminth strain of the technocyte virus. And yes I do know that there are multiple iterations of each warframe, whether it be made during or after the old war, or made by the orokin (which would make it a prime I believe?) or made by some third party. But now when we as the players obtain the blueprints for the warframes, we craft robotic parts. Now unless Ordis is lying to us and every time we craft a warframe he kidnaps a person and infects them with the helminth strain, I don't see how we are crafting the warframes without a human surrogate.

Please let me know if I misunderstand something, I by no means think I am totally fluent in the entire story of warframe.

Here is where I got all my information on the background of the warframes. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Story_and_History mixed with some of my own codex reading.

Lets be realistic would you want to see a kinda humanoid thing being made?

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Considering that the first wave of warframes were all destroyed, I fail to see how that's relevant. I'm asking you why you think that the Umbra suffix was tied to said first wave, since there's nothing in lore stating such.

Also, calling Umbra a "series" is a bit generous, since we've only got one such frame at the moment and DE have not announced plans to release any others (the most they've said is that if they did more Umbra frames, not every frame would be eligible for an Umbra model)

Excals descriptions says he was the first frame made. Excalibur Umbra is from the Orokin era. So it just makes sense that the Umbras were the first series of Warframes made. And Excal Umbra was the last surviving one. Then they went to the primes because they weren’t actually people and easier to control. Then we get the regular frames because the Orokin are dead and we’re building these frames off incomplete data.

And DE said not every frame will get an Umbra because there’s no way they’re going to go back and basically make a third version of every frame.

Seriously dude, this feels like you’re deliberately being a contrarian just to be one.

On 2021-06-01 at 9:27 PM, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

So from my understanding of what the warframes are, they are made by infecting people with the helminth strain of the technocyte virus.

We only know the first frames were produced like that, aswell as Umbra. We dont know if this applies to the primes, we do know it does not apply to the "normal" frames, since those are made by the tenno substituting Orokin parts for other things, which has gone on since the Fall atleast. When reading through the lore there is indications that a living host isnt needed to fullfill the role of a warframe once the tenno are part of the equation. This is because the method used in the creation of warframes was already used prior to them, this was when the helminth was used to create surrogate bodies for the tenno in order for them to learn to control their powers through transference.

But at the time of the Warframe creation the tenno werent part of the plan, so something else had to be used to merge with the helminth. Which ment a living host enhanced with helminth. We know the tenno had a soothing impact on the original frames, but we dont know if that has anything to do with the living host inside or simply their connection to the helminth since the surrogate project. Helminth isnt the infestation, but it is still a singular that shares knowledge with itself, so no matter whoe the OG frame host was, the helminth would still feel and recognize the tenno.

There is no craft where we really get a feeling of inserting a human host in the process, nor are any of the components any indication of a harvested human either. We also need to remember that the primes are locked away in parts in caches aswell. So I think the whole human host thing started and ended with the very first prototype frames that didnt turn out exactly as planned. That does however not say that Helminth isnt mimicing the original host, which explains why Umbra, the Prime and the regular Excal have very similar features. Like some hard coded technocyte growth process, an advanced bio-mechanical 3d printer.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Excals descriptions says he was the first frame made.

Ok, yeah...

Excalibur Umbra is from the Orokin era.

Correct...

So it just makes sense that the Umbras were the first series of Warframes made.

Aaand this is where your syllogism falls apart. Umbra being from the Old War era is by no means an indicator that Umbras were the first. Especially since Ballas' dialogue indicates that the one Umbra that we know of had his conversion happen after Tenno-controlled warframes had already been tested and deployed.

And Excal Umbra was the last surviving one.

Except that Ballas states explicitly in the Vitruvian that every single wave 1 Warframe was "Committed to grave". There are no survivors.

And DE said not every frame will get an Umbra because there’s no way they’re going to go back and basically make a third version of every frame.

I specifically recall them citing lore reasons rather than development. Especially since making new umbra frames would be a comparatively easy process development-wise.

Seriously dude, this feels like you’re deliberately being a contrarian just to be one.

I'm being stubborn because I've seen more than my fair share of misinformed assumptions being peddled as lore facts. The simple truth is that there is no concrete connection tying the Umbra title to the Gen 1 frames, and plenty of evidence indicating that it is unrelated.

Pretty sure that the neuoptics, chassis, system thing is just an outdated reference to back when we all assumed Warframes were robots/mech suits that they simply haven't bothered to redefine. I wouldn't read to much into it.

Or maybe the process of creating a warframe involves the Helminth turning bits of their anatomy into robotic parts? Converting flesh into machine shouldn't be outside its capability.

On 2021-06-02 at 10:05 AM, Brinstar7777 said:

Hence why you aren't required to 'acquire' a human surrogate in-game.

As far as I can tell, the people in the cryopods (orokin era and newer tenno ones) are the base for a frame, why bother dealing with a frame going berserk because of getting infected/brainscrewed (go read the rhino prime codex entry) or purposely keeping your memories (umbra was a punishment for being a snitch) when you can just clone a body and immedietely put it into cryosleep, hence no memories or anything to deal with.

26 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Pretty sure that the neuoptics, chassis, system thing is just an outdated reference to back when we all assumed Warframes were robots/mech suits that they simply haven't bothered to redefine. I wouldn't read to much into it.

When specters of the rail came out, that was changed from helmet to neuroptics, and that was before the war within was released

On 2021-06-02 at 12:14 PM, GrayArchon said:

Have they ever openly stated that or did they just stop bothering to hide them? Because I definitely don't think those are the same.

I think the first time they showed off operators besides the second dream was the announcement for lunaro, because I specifically remember watching that and going "why are you showing this off already, tons of people haven't done that yet"

On 2021-06-02 at 1:59 PM, (NSW)Larena said:

I could be wrong about this or it could have been a feature they talked about but didn't implement, but I believe operators in hubs are invisible to players who haven't completed Second Dream. 

They aren't in missions though I think so 

can confirm this is true, operators just show up as that unloaded excalibur model for people who haven't done second dream

Archived