Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requium Relics reward Kuva weapon parts

TenTonneSkeleton

So, I'm probably not alone in suffering from the monotony of obtaining all the kuva weapons. yeah, I know there's no obligation in doing it, but I just think that a few improvements to the system would make it more enjoyable and rewarding.

The main thing I want to propose here is that Requiem relics now have a rare drop of a kuva weapon PART. Yes, kuva weapons can now be built using parts obtained from Requiem relics. Blueprint, Receiver, Barrel, and Stock. The part you get is completely random! This will be same for all requiem relics. This rare drop would replace the Weapon exilis adapter BP which would be moved to another place.

Because fusion of kuva weaons exists there is no harm in getting multiple copies of the same weapon and for GOD'S SAKE make these tradable parts. That is very important. Players can trade parts they don't need for parts they do, or just purchase with plat like mostly every other weapon.

Additionally, I still think it makes sense to move the whole kuva lich system over to the existing star chart. Having special nodes for grinding kuva liches makes no sense to me.

That is just trading one grind for another and I don't find it that hard to get a larvaling to spawn but do find it more difficult to get requiem relics. Especially if you would want/need more to get the weapons. 

Solution I keep pushing for is to make it so each planet has a limited pool of weapons a larvaling can spawn with, that takes out some of the RNG.  

Hmm, I'm not proposing that we remove the weapon reward from killing the lich. Just adding an additional avenue to optain the weapons and making the parts tradeable.

That said, I support your idea of making each planet have a different weapon.

The main problem I have with the lich system is that you have to go out of our way to do it. It's a like a mini game - except that mini game is a horrible grind and not very fun. Why not incorporate liches into main gameplay? I want to be able to get murmers and fight liches while I'm griding for relics or doing the steel path.

I think it would feel like much less of a grind if you could just go about your daily business and make progrees toward killing your lich, rather than it being this separate grind.

15 minutes ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

The main thing I want to propose here is that Requiem relics now have a rare drop of a kuva weapon PART. Yes, kuva weapons can now be built using parts obtained from Requiem relics. Blueprint, Receiver, Barrel, and Stock. The part you get is completely random! This will be same for all requiem relics. This rare drop would replace the Weapon exilis adapter BP which would be moved to another place.

It will be still random.

To be honest they may make it less random (having 3x weapon X and 0x weapon Y is no-no) and introduce new resources that change and/or increase your % element.

2 minutes ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

Hmm, I'm not proposing that we remove the weapon reward from killing the lich. Just adding an additional avenue to optain the weapons and making the parts tradeable.

That said, I support your idea of making each planet have a different weapon.

The main problem I have with the lich system is that you have to go out of our way to do it. It's a like a mini game - except that mini game is a horrible grind and not very fun. Why not incorporate liches into main gameplay? I want to be able to get murmers and fight liches while I'm griding for relics or doing the steel path.

I think it would feel like much less of a grind if you could just go about your daily business and make progrees toward killing your lich, rather than it being this separate grind.

Some people likes missions between star chart & steel path.

why would you ever want that? a max 10% chance of getting a single part for one of what's soon to be 19 different weapons, of which you'd need 3 - 5 unique parts each to build, is just an objectively worse, less interesting grind than the few hours it takes to take out a lich. it's not an alternative avenue, it's a complete non choice, especially when you factor in void trace grinding and how much a PITA it is to get requiem relics without a lich

Requiem relics aren't that difficult to get. I have 22 at the moment, and haven't gone out of may to get them. Only killed 5 liches so far. You get a guarenteed relic when you do a Kuva Flood mission, and I've probably only done a couple of those. 4 people cracking radiant requiem relics and you would get plenty of parts. Kuva weapons would be optainable with plat probably at the same prie level as something like the Sporothrix. Or you just trade. I don't see what the probelm is.

Also, why crack requiem relics beyond a certain point? There is no reward there that is worth the trouble after you've got enough adapters. That's why i have so many, and they will continue to stack up as I grind for the rest of the weapons. Since each Parazon mod can be used 3 times, you just don't go through them that fast.

Beyond the adapters and the mods, you just have kuva basically as a reward and there are better ways to get that. I don't see how my idea hurts anything, just makes the relics slightly more useful and the weapons slightly easier to get. Not saying there aren't other solutions or adjustments that need to happen.

If there are 19 weapons with ~4 parts each, and the parts are only rare drops, then that's an absolutely colossal grind. Even if you only count when a part does drop, you've got up to a 1 in 76 chance that it's a single part you want, a ~1.3% chance. However, if you aren't interested in Requiem Mods (which are easy to stock up on as you say), or the trash common rewards, then 90% of those Relics are going to give nothing but a handful of Traces. That 90% chance gets even higher if the Relic isn't Radiant, which is required, as you can't reliably earn 100 traces per Relic.

Using only Radiant Relics, you'll have a 0.13% chance for the part you want from each Relic. Multiply that drop chance by the number of different parts you want, but that number will decrease as you collect more parts. Then consider that opening a Relic might take up to 5 minutes (up to 4 Relics per run in a team but still), you're looking at a grind that even the most tedious Asian MMORPG imaginable would probably call a bit cruel. Maybe you could split up the weapons so that specific Relics only drop specific parts, but that's still only up to a 0.5% chance or so with 4 Requiem Relics in rotation.

Relics dropping Kuva weapon parts could be an alternative grind, but if its 1000x harder then what's the point? If we want to make Requiem Relics worth running all the time, swap out the common rewards for something useful, not the rare reward. Weapon Exilus Adapters are a decent rare reward, and they have a much lower chance to drop than a Mod, but the common rewards are absolute garbage. Swap them out for something that helps with Lich farming. Maybe "Requiem Mod Slivers" that can combine into a Mod, or something that accelerates Murmur grinding. Requiem Relics are for Lich farming, so every drop on them should be something that affects Liches in some way.

24 minutes ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

Requiem relics aren't that difficult to get. I have 22 at the moment, and haven't gone out of may to get them. Only killed 5 liches so far. You get a guarenteed relic when you do a Kuva Flood mission, and I've probably only done a couple of those. 4 people cracking radiant requiem relics and you would get plenty of parts. Kuva weapons would be optainable with plat probably at the same prie level as something like the Sporothrix. Or you just trade. I don't see what the probelm is.

Also, why crack requiem relics beyond a certain point? There is no reward there that is worth the trouble after you've got enough adapters. That's why i have so many, and they will continue to stack up as I grind for the rest of the weapons. Since each Parazon mod can be used 3 times, you just don't go through them that fast.

Beyond the adapters and the mods, you just have kuva basically as a reward and there are better ways to get that. I don't see how my idea hurts anything, just makes the relics slightly more useful and the weapons slightly easier to get. Not saying there aren't other solutions or adjustments that need to happen.

here's some napkin math - with the current 16 kuva weapons in game, there would be 54 different parts, (5 for bramma, 4 per primary, 3 for the rest) so if you're looking for one particular part, that's about a 1.8% chance you'll get it. in a radshare, the chance of a rare drop is ~34%, meaning that in the best case scenario, you have a ~0.6% chance of any particular part, per run. for a 90% chance to get just one individual part, you would need to do about 150 radshares. assuming these all take 3 minutes, not counting loading screens, void trace grinding, relic farming, or recruitment time, that's 7 and a half hours of playtime, and you need to do that 3 times over for even the smallest weapon. that is beyond pointless

Alright then, what alternative do you propose? I concede that the math doesn't pan out, but I don't think it would take much to tweak that in our favor a bit more.

I would still like to see Requiem relics lead to kuva weapons in some alternative way. Maybe certain types of relics reward certain weapons and certain relics come from certain places, IDK.

Relics dropping Kuva weapon parts could be an alternative grind, but if its 1000x harder then what's the point? If we want to make Requiem Relics worth running all the time, swap out the common rewards for something useful, not the rare reward. Weapon Exilus Adapters are a decent rare reward, and they have a much lower chance to drop than a Mod, but the common rewards are absolute garbage. Swap them out for something that helps with Lich farming. Maybe "Requiem Mod Slivers" that can combine into a Mod, or something that accelerates Murmur grinding. Requiem Relics are for Lich farming, so every drop on them should be something that affects Liches in some way.

I can get behind some of this. Speeding up murmur farming is probably a worthwhile reward.

Or simply move the kuva weapon parts to the command reward slot?

I'm just throwing out ideas to try and tackle the issue. Simply complaining or shooting down ideas without offering alternatives doesn't help anyone.

dding another way to optain the weapons that's also linked in with the system makes sense to me to lessen the grind.

And simply integrating the lich grind into normal gameplay allows one to kill 2 birds with one stone and so make the grind less painful if you are also grinding for something else at the same time.

Sure, the number for a rare part drop on the relics don't make sense as proven above. However, why not a common or an uncommon drop?

Archived