Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Still, the specific actions like the aforementioned peace signs and poses are pretty indicative.

Gara Noble does a peace sign there's also a giggle animation with pistols/ dual pistols don't remember which one does it,  Mirage sends kisses, Khora Deluxe has a slow whip animation plus some other provocative ones, Wisp as a whole, Mirage Deluxe has a pole dance animation with spear guns if I recall.

Yareli is just another one to the pile except she's more cute I guess

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

It's no surprise that "cute" isn't what some Warframe players are looking for, but I find it a bit overboard for anyone to be suggesting that Yareli's animations are anything out-of-the-ordinary.  We already have sexy animation sets; in contrast, "cute" actually seems more toned down.

And honestly, we've already got more than enough animation sets that are subtle variations on "ready for combat".  I'm a big fan of the animation sets that show a bit more personality, and will definitely be tossing DE some plat so I can put these animations on other Warframes.

To set the record straight, I did not mean to say Yareli does not fit Warframe when I thought they went "overboard with the animations".  We have enough interesting/weird designs and animation sets that really anything goes at this point.  I simply meant that my subjective reaction went from "cute!" when I saw the stills to "eww..." when I saw the trying-too-hard-to-be-cute animations.  It was simply a bit too challenging for my eyes and I cringed a bit.

But if you like her, then all the power to you!  I have no right to judge you.

il y a 3 minutes, PublikDomain a dit :

One thing I noticed watching Shy's abridged devstream was that during the Yareli gameplay segment Rebecca actually levels up her K-Drive.

UnIMQ8Y.png

So, unless the K-Drive has levels for no reason, it'll be able to be modded. And that opens up quite a lot of options for stacking different status effects, CC, doing tricks for energy, invulnerability, not to mention mobility.

There are too much factors in missions that make it feel potentially very bad, like indoor layouts, 5K(+25%) shield limitation(no damage reduction there, it gets chunked up in late game in no time) and competition from parkour/void dash. I don't see myself grinding 100 trick points for 55 energy in a mission, kinda troll that's for sure. Other mods are imho fluff, I don't see what is the point of getting 5s invulnerability frames, sure it's nice for a mod slot but you can void mode for the same result and void dash several time few times during the time yareli mounts and starts boosting assuming she is in place where she can boost, wich in most tilesets is not a given at all.

Don't get me wrong, I think that K drives are pretty fun, however it doesn't seem to mesh at all with the actual game.

What if holding the ability key mounts the board in a way that gives a status immunity buff for a time. That way you could use the k-drive in short trips without worrying about being knocked off of it. Because from my experience status immunity prevents knock down.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

but it still doesn't fully sit right, you know?

I really don't... Warframe's designs have been landing very broadly over the past few years. We got fatties, we got thicc, we got sticc, we got spooky scary skeletons, we got Wisp's ass, and Mesa Prime. Mirage's animations are similar with the blowing kisses, though more subdued. Khora Deluxe is a dom and does sexy whip stuff. They just added a bunch of dance emotes so you can make your Warframe grind. Yareli isn't anything new, game's been like this for years.

I can see where MqToasty is coming from about the animations trying too hard, but that's about it. I don't really get objections to where the animations might have come from.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Gara Noble does a peace sign there's also a giggle animation with pistols/ dual pistols don't remember which one does it,  Mirage sends kisses, Khora Deluxe has a slow whip animation plus some other provocative ones, Wisp as a whole, Mirage Deluxe has a pole dance animation with spear guns if I recall.

Yareli is just another one to the pile except she's more cute I guess

It's not the being cutesy or sexy, it's the specifics. I have no issue with frames acting provocatively or such, that's not my isssue. It's more 'how has this very particular cultural knick-knack lasted since time immemorial?'

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

I really don't... Warframe's designs have been landing very broadly over the past few years. We got fatties, we got thicc, we got sticc, we got spooky scary skeletons, we got Wisp's ass, and Mesa Prime. Mirage's animations are similar with the blowing kisses, though more subdued. Khora Deluxe is a dom and does sexy whip stuff. They just added a bunch of dance emotes so you can make your Warframe grind. Yareli isn't anything new, game's been like this for years.

I can see where MqToasty is coming from about the animations trying too hard, but that's about it. I don't really get objections to where the animations might have come from.

Again, this aspect isn't what my issue is. It's that it's something modern-day in a universe that has almost no specifics from our world.

It's like if Darvo started trying to sell us Lo'Real Paris, or Kela De Thaym converted to Scientology or something. The most we get in Warframe is allusions a few times removed.

10 minutes ago, Galuf said:

Don't get me wrong, I think that K drives are pretty fun, however it doesn't seem to mesh at all with the actual game.

Isn't Yareli leading the way for K-Drives to mesh with the game? If a frame can bring a K-Drive, then so can everyone else. K-Drives could be given a good niche indoors as an extra layer of utility and mobility. And people also said that Necramechs were slow, but those suckers can move if you know how to use them.

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Still, the specific actions like the aforementioned peace signs and poses are pretty indicative.

Look, we have no flocking clue what kind of cultural things will survive in the next few thousand years, DE wanted the frame to use the "peace/victory" sign, for all we know it means "I will cut your balls" when you do with both hands or "I will cut your d*ck" when you use one hand. The heart sign could mean "I will aim for your bladder". We now have the "OK" handsign be used to signify "White Power" in some circles because HOW THE FLYING, ESCREMENTAL, BACKTERIA FILLED CU---

*Technical Issues, Please wait...*

Little Duck uses the term "Clown car" in Disruptions, Nora uses "Who we got in the line?", we've had this kind of talk pop up before. 

How in Sci-fi settings people use today's slangs, sayings, jokes? How did they survive the passage of time?! The answer is "its the creator's choice to use them".

Asking how some of those actions survived in a futuristic setting like asking how writers from the 500's used the same wording and sayings of the 500's when writing a story that happened in the 2000's, they will use terminology of their time to be understood.

Asking that kind of question, is the same as asking why a painter paints the way he does and questioning why couldnt it be different. Its completely ascetic. 

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's not the being cutesy or sexy, it's the specifics. I have no issue with frames acting provocatively or such, that's not my isssue. It's more 'how has this very particular cultural knick-knack lasted since time immemorial?'

Since they never really specified culture in the past then it's possible that it survived at least until the Orokin empire and died with them like most things

9 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Look, we have no flocking clue what kind of cultural things will survive in the next few thousand years, DE wanted the frame to use the "peace/victory" sign, for all we know it means "I will cut your balls" when you do with both hands or "I will cut your d*ck" when you use one hand. The heart sign could mean "I will aim for your bladder". We now have the "OK" handsign be used to signify "White Power" in some circles because HOW THE FLYING, ESCREMENTAL, BACKTERIA FILLED CU---

*Technical Issues, Please wait...*

Little Duck uses the term "Clown car" in Disruptions, Nora uses "Who we got in the line?", we've had this kind of talk pop up before. 

How in Sci-fi settings people use today's slangs, sayings, jokes? How did they survive the passage of time?! The answer is "its the creator's choice to use them".

Asking how some of those actions survived in a futuristic setting like asking how writers from the 500's used the same wording and sayings of the 500's when writing a story that happened in the 2000's, they will use terminology of their time to be understood.

Asking that kind of question, is the same as asking why a painter paints the way he does and questioning why couldnt it be different. Its completely ascetic. 

I suppose you're right? Still, it's the first time it's shown up on a Warframe. 

Having said that, I like the idea that the poses mean something entirely different, and I hope that gets brought up. Heck, maybe Yareli is the reason they'd hold that meaning. That'd be fun.

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I just see her as a twisted character. The cutsey aspect is really just a sign of her mental break. Remember, she's still slaughtering 1000s of enemies and getting drenched in blood.

Reminds me of Mirage Prime Trailer.

"Oh, how you suffered to become this beast. Yet you laughed at me. Others writhed and raged in the vice, but you... you played the fool. (...) But no one is laughing anymore... except you."

Yerali, so cute, so filled with energy, such a child... She just broke in a different way.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Reminds me of Mirage Prime Trailer.

"Oh, how you suffered to become this beast. Yet you laughed at me. Others writhed and raged in the vice, but you... you played the fool. (...) But no one is laughing anymore... except you."

Yerali, so cute, so filled with energy, such a child... She just broke in a different way.

4lgc2l.jpg

1 minute ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Since they never really specified culture in the past then it's possible that it survived at least until the Orokin empire and died with them like most things

In Warframe's setting, our cities are dust, our gods are but forgotten names and ideas divorced from the stories that gave them meaning and animals ubiquitous in our world like dogs and cats would be major paleontological finds. The gulfs of history are so vast that even archeological digs do not find traces of our existence.

But a very specific kind of pose survives?

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

In Warframe's setting, our cities are dust, our gods are but forgotten names and ideas divorced from the stories that gave them meaning and animals ubiquitous in our world like dogs and cats would be major paleontological finds. The gulfs of history are so vast that even archeological digs do not find traces of our existence.

But a very specific kind of pose survives?

Warframe... Warframe never changes...

Yarelli's design also kinda feels like it is less bright in colors compared to her artwork from last month which is a shame.

Also I find that Yarelli ability kit is meh. Cool ideas but they could use some depth.

Her k drive for instance, i feel it should be less of a k drive and more like a hover board that is not limited to the ground and can surf around in the air silver surfer (marvel)/frozone (incredibles) style. It cannot be just an exalted k drive. It NEEDS to be more to work.

It would be nice if by holding the ability button while doing tricks with her mount, you perform stylistic attacks with the mount.

Her cyclone glaives could also use some depth. Imagine if you could hold the ability button to move the glaives around. She could send the cyclone out to shred into enemies from long range, individually fling the glaives at different targets, rotate the cyclone vertically while shrinking the size for a more concetrated single target attack at close or long range, etc.

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I really hope Belle Delphine's subsumed ability is her 3. It at least looks more useful than her 1 (For my melee close and personal style) even if we have no numbers to go by. Would pair well with Gara Splinter Storm builds.

Would be pretty nice for excal replacing his 3....... maybe i should get my own little hemlinth.

4 hours ago, MqToasty said:

maid cafe waitress Yareli. 

This...

this is art.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, MqToasty said:

but they went a bit overboard with the kawaii animations.

Ain't no such thing as "too kawaii".

We need even more kawaii, I say.

They went too far with the anime. It just feels out of place in the theme of the game. Should have just made her like a Gundam-Girl.

Her abilities also look extremely bland. The K-drive is terrible if it can't travel over some terrain without needing to jump. The others are just whatever. Whiff-glaives, another tornado, CC orbs. This is a hard pass.

On 2021-05-31 at 2:30 PM, Traumtulpe said:

The K-Drive is going to be damage reduction like Warding Halo, so that one is out. This leaves 2 abilities, both of which are irrelevant.

I think her third is something worth mentioning. It doesn't look too bad right now.

Archived