Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

Eh, Yareli is already a smaller Warframe, and I think that's deliberate.

Merulina appears wider, but since that's a skin on a K-drive model, the sides of it will probably just clip into the walls as you ride near them, so width isn't a problem either.

The thing to watch out for is whether bumping into a wall knocks you off, or whether it's only when you try to jump and hit geometry. The demo showed Rebecca getting into corners and riding through small gaps in the Defense map without falling off, so it could be they've given it a little forgiveness in that respect.

Also, given that Titania still bashes into walls (harmlessly) and does the 'spinning in space' animation for a second or so, DE are likely going to let you keep getting knocked off instead of going to the extra work of letting it do wall-rides or similar.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I would recommend not worrying, DE has been doing great with all the most recent newframes.  If she's not where she needs to be on release, they'll get her there shortly after.

They have?

What's your metric for "new"?  Grendel and Protea are garbage.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Since they never really specified culture in the past then it's possible that it survived at least until the Orokin empire and died with them like most things

They don't even have records of concepts such as twin sisters or autism anymore.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

In Warframe's setting, our cities are dust, our gods are but forgotten names and ideas divorced from the stories that gave them meaning and animals ubiquitous in our world like dogs and cats would be major paleontological finds. The gulfs of history are so vast that even archeological digs do not find traces of our existence.

But a very specific kind of pose survives?

I guess OnlyFans outlived the Orokin Empire.

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I just see her as a twisted character. The cutsey aspect is really just a sign of her mental break. Remember, she's still slaughtering 1000s of enemies and getting drenched in blood.

Give her the spinneret ephemera and the ahegao peace pose will make more sense.

6 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I guess OnlyFans outlived the Orokin Empire.

"Oh Golden Lords, we have found records of ancient religious ceremony. Those in the distant past would sacrifice all their worldly possessions to these idols!"

23 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

They have?

What's your metric for "new"?  Grendel and Protea are garbage.

I definitely count Grendel and Protea in that list.  I think Grendel's in a fine place, but I'm honestly shocked to hear anyone say Protea is garbage.  In my opinion she's one of the most versatile frames in the game.

But different strokes for different folks, if you're not a fan of them, that's valid.

5 hours ago, MqToasty said:

One thing I noticed is that Warframe has tried hard to encompass many variations of the human form.  On the feminine side, we've had a diva (Saryn), bodybuilder (Hildryn), soccer mom (Nova), dancer/gymnast (Mirage), cowgirl (Mesa), etc.  But what we've been missing is a younger female counterpart to Nezha.  So we got maid cafe waitress Yareli.  Personally, I thought she looked pretty cute in the stills, but they went a bit overboard with the kawaii animations.

Can't believe you just called my waifu a soccer mom... 

She uses wormhole portals not an oversized SUV to get around thankyou very much.

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Larena said:

Y'all know that peace signs aren't sexual right

Standard single-hand peace sign? Sure.

Double peace signs by a character wearing Daddy's little girl frills? That has become synonymous with the ahegao face in the same way as diapers are called Pampers and razors called Gillette because of the level of pairing exposure. This even has a know your meme entry because of how proliferous the pairing is.

11 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Standard single-hand peace sign? Sure.

Double peace signs by a character wearing Daddy's little girl frills? That has become synonymous with hentai in the same way as diapers are called Pampers and razors called Gillette because of the level of exposure and association as they are very often paired with the ahegao expression.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6fNJWWt7JF6I9cIPsVSa

13 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Double peace signs by a character wearing Daddy's little girl frills? That has become synonymous with the ahegao face

Maybe on your corner of the internet it has?  But it turns out that one person's sexualized meme is based on the actual behavior of real life people in a real life country.  And in the real-life context, it's not sexual.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Maybe on your corner of the internet it has?  But it turns out that one person's sexualized meme is based on the actual behavior of real life people in a real life country.  And in the real-life context, it's not sexual.

Meh, I've never seen anyone use dual peace signs in real life, except perhaps in some of the weirder districts of Tokyo, it's not that common in terms of the average person, from what I've experienced on business trips, but it's definitely disconnected from sexualized themes.

Just now, (PSN)Unstar said:

A "real-life context" argument doesn't help. I've never seen a real life female weeb doing double peace signs outside a sexual context. Either all of my friends are perverts, or the pose has been bastardized beyond recognition purpose and origin-wise in the same way as the Swastika is rarely recognized as having a peaceful Buddhist origin.

And it seems I have to invoke Godwin's law on myself. 

Just now, SheikaVoid said:

"A character wearing Daddy's little girl frills"

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Lupi is not wearing daddy's little girl frills.

I'm just messing with ya, as for your statement that's silly.

Your exposure to the double peace sign was through ahegao so now that's what you see it as? It's in a lot of anime and it's not sexual at all it's just happy faces, celebration or cute poses, looking at Yareli animations it's heavy anime inspired nothing sexual about it.

Did Belle Delphine and the other creatures like her scarred you that bad that it's only sexual now

1 minute ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I'm just messing with ya, as for your statement that's silly.

Your exposure to the double peace sign was through ahegao so now that's what you see it as? It's in a lot of anime and it's not sexual at all it's just happy faces, celebration or cute poses, looking at Yareli animations it's heavy anime inspired nothing sexual about it.

Did Belle Delphine and the other creatures like her scarred you that bad that it's only sexual now

She scared my wallet last December.

I expected a better video after all that teasing.

26 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Can't believe you just called my waifu a soccer mom... 

She uses wormhole portals not an oversized SUV to get around thankyou very much.

Hahaha, I'm sorry, no offense intended!  But I have to say, vanilla Nova does look like she's wearing leg warmers and getting ready for jazzercise class...

5 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

A "real-life context" argument doesn't help. I've never seen a real life female weeb doing double peace signs outside a sexual context. Either all of my friends are perverts, or the pose has been bastardized beyond recognition purpose and origin-wise in the same way as the Swastika is rarely recognized as having a peaceful Buddhist origin.

And it seems I have to invoke Godwin's law on myself. 

Pretty sure my friends ARE perverts lol.

My clan is full of weebs that are all loving the look of the offspring of Hydroid and Ivara so I guess it's appreciated by the weebs of warframe lol. Not my personal taste but oh well, I'll still have fun messing around with it for a bit.

Archived