Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

Her kit looks quite lackluster. And I hate k-drives on the best of days, so having a frame with one taking up space in their limited abilities is offputting.

The 1's bubbles only grabbed 3 enemies, so the cc is limited.

The 4 only lasted a couple seconds and didn't look to have much of a pull range.

And the 3 being purely damage based... Well straight damage based attacks rarely ever work unless they scale in some way. but looking at how little damage they were doing to level 13's in the video doesn't support much in the way of scaling damage.

At least she's pretty, in an annoyingly 'cutesy' kind of way?

I was interested in her the first time they showed her, which is rare, for the new frames i very rarely have any interest. Then they showed her with weird "2 kool 4 u" animations and instantaneously any interest i had was vaporized.

I agree that it looked pretty lackluster in the stream. I expect that the numbers on range & damage are not fully decided yet, so there will be changes before release. I also expect that what we saw was unmodded, and there may be far better results when min-maxing ability strength, duration, and range. 

So I'll wait to try her out for myself before making any judgements. 

EDIT: I also think the K-drive might be quite difficult to use in the tight spaces common in mission tilesets. There may be changes coming here too, we'll have to wait and see. As for the animations, you can equip a different frame's animations if Yareli's ones annoy you.

The bubbles must go up in number with power strength, we need to wait to see how many you get with a decent build

As for her four, I think Brozime did a good job explaining it, "it's all that was wrong with Zephyr's 4"

It just seem to do a bit of damage & toss enemies in the air. Even if groups them up, it doesn't last very long, & I don't think mods will end up doing much for that, the base duration at rank 30 was very underwhelming

& her 3 is a pure damage ability, & we all know how those are in the game, unless it scales with enemy lvls

They just cant top Wisp and her ASSets and kit, good looking model with good support abilities. I didnt watch the stream but I saw her with a k-drive ability, so noty, I do like her cute idol look to her but meh thats kinda boring especially because its not even a character its just a pupper

3 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

The 1's bubbles only grabbed 3 enemies, so the cc is limited.

It deals both substantial damage and CC, the skill can be spammed to fill the area with lingering bubbles and they track out nearby enemies. How much more could you want?

4 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

The 4 only lasted a couple seconds and didn't look to have much of a pull range.

Yeah i did feel the 4th a bit uninteresting but we can only know for sure once it comes out in-game to test.

4 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

And the 3 being purely damage based... Well straight damage based attacks rarely ever work unless they scale in some way. but looking at how little damage they were doing to level 13's in the video doesn't support much in the way of scaling damage.

You have to remember Reb was in a Test build, the numbers arent definitive and that was just to show what the skill looked like, it probably has more functionality than what was mentioned. Again we have to wait for her release to know.

The only Skill i felt absolutely no interest in was her 2nd (The K-Drive), i felt it very lack luster as using Secondary on K-Drive is very inefficient.

For an in-game demonstration, it wasn't the best first impression for sure. Kind of like the Devstream that first showed Nidus, which felt bland before we dove into his released version discovering the rest of the mechanics that make him one of the best frames around nowadays.

Work in progress, rough 'round the edges, as usual.

13 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

It deals both substantial damage and CC, the skill can be spammed to fill the area with lingering bubbles and they track out nearby enemies. How much more could you want?

Hope so. From what little we saw, the recast actually popped older globules leaving the max at 3 at this time. I want some Gas damage and procs personally, those don't see much use in abilities.

10 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

That's literally how scale dmg works. You do little dmg on weak enemies because scalability is based on their level or their hp. Against bigger enemies you see the same performance you've seen on weak enemies, for the reasons I've already mentioned.

I lost interest in new warframes long time ago , I have everything I need to fill any mission type requirement and DE hasn't introduced a new warframe or game mode that would make me "oh I definitely need this for that" in a long time . 

16 hours ago, selig_fay said:

This is a very vague description. You can make no ragdoll with mods or abilities.

As I understand it, the ragdoll on a collision with a K-drive is counted under the 'hard landing' function, not the 'knock down' so mods don't prevent it, nor do abilities.

The problem is that k-drive will be canceled anyway.

How, why and when?

Because DE don't just remove content unless under two conditions (notable for actually removed content): Either the content causes an imbalance of required work and hotfixes to keep going versus the number of players of that content, or it's being replaced with another iteration.

The only time DE have removed an entire system with no replacements is the 8-player raids, and that only because they literally broke every time there was a simple hot-fix.

It looks now like we need to nerf all the weaknesses for this to work. Although, they just might just do some heavy collision damage, since k-drive has hp.

We watched Rebecca have a hard-impact that knocked her off, all it did was de-cast the ability, Yareli took zero damage. And because the ability was de-cast (and it's her 2 so cheap to recast) that means it comes back at full health, meaning it's not going to take damage from collisions, rather the opposite, having to get back on will reset it to full health.

Genuinely, selig, I don't see what the issue is with any of the things you're raising.

They're not a problem. The model and hitbox is small enough to fit through any of the tiles, the surface tracking clearly goes over small obstacles like railings without a problem, there's no collision damage, Yareli is harder to knock off her ability than a regular Warframe is and she doesn't ragdoll if she is knocked off meaning no defecit for being knocked off (unlike every other Warframe on a regular K-drive).

Everything they've listed means that they've already learned from Titania's mobility issues.

11 hours ago, vanaukas said:

That's literally how scale dmg works. You do little dmg on weak enemies because scalability is based on their level or their hp. Against bigger enemies you see the same performance you've seen on weak enemies, for the reasons I've already mentioned.

No. That's how percentage scaling works. There are other types. And the ability was still killing in 1-2 hits, so it wasn't percentage based.

20 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

No. That's how percentage scaling works. There are other types. And the ability was still killing in 1-2 hits, so it wasn't percentage based.

we will know that when it's released, since they already announced some changes after the devstream (like not falling from the kraken drive when hits a wall). And please, name an scalability system in warframe that's not based on enemy hp or enemy level

@Birdframe_Prime It's simple. If it is useless, it will lose a good part of its potential. Read above. People don't feel particularly good about k-drive anymore. If this is canceled every 2 meters (I exaggerate consciously), then the attitude will be even worse. And I can already see how its 3 ability is related to k-drive, but people are already considering it separately for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I'm interested in using it 
storm blades on Nezha, Volt, Titania. If they are strong, then Gara Touch of death will become a reality for mobile frames. This ability clearly benefits from mobility and yareli uses k-drive for mobility. That's why I'm worried.

By the way, me need to check how firewalker will work on k-drive. Or revenant 3.) I just feel the ancient evil in this k-drive and it will be sad if it works poorly in combat.

9 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

If it is useless, it will lose a good part of its potential.

I feel like people need to qualify what they're referring to when they say "Useless".

In this case, you're referring to how a thing performs in efficient and fast grinding, right?

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I feel like people need to qualify what they're referring to when they say "Useless".

In this case, you're referring to how a thing performs in efficient and fast grinding, right?

No. If I need efficient and fast grinding, I'll take an op like saryn for example. I'm talking about the gameplay. You have an ability that benefits from mobility, you have a mobility ability. It is logical that you want to combine them. But if your mobility ability works poorly, then it will drag down the ability that works from mobility. In fact, I rate this as a bad k-drive on yareli can mean -2 abilities at once. And we don't know what other synergies with k-drive might be. That is, if the core mechanic is bad, then it may end badly. In any case, there may be a revision, need to do the tests first. But I'm just talking about a possible problem, and some solves. After all, there's not much we can really say right now.

Just now, selig_fay said:

No. If I need efficient and fast grinding, I'll take an op like saryn for example. I'm talking about the gameplay. You have an ability that benefits from mobility, you have a mobility ability. It is logical that you want to combine them. But if your mobility ability works poorly, then it will drag down the ability that works from mobility. In fact, I rate this as a bad k-drive on yareli can mean -2 abilities at once. And we don't know what other synergies with k-drive might be. That is, if the core mechanic is bad, then it may end badly. In any case, there may be a revision, need to do the tests first. But I'm just talking about a possible problem, and some solves. After all, there's not much we can really say right now.

Ah, right right. Guess I was wrong, sorry 👍

Fair points

11 hours ago, selig_fay said:

If it is useless, it will lose a good part of its potential.

I fail to see how it could be useless.

If you are in confined spaces, the K-drive controls are as responsive as any other movement at that speed, and you can't get up enough momentum to be knocked off your board (especially not with the greater resistance to it than normal, as stated by Pablo).

If you are not in confined spaces, you don't hit into things as often, so your chances of being knocked off are approximately the same. K-drives are already resistant to enemy ability-based knock-downs, they kind of had to be originally because of all the shockwave-creating enemies in the Vallis, and to allow players to use them effectively to drive through enemies and escape them.

With the one actual drawback of K-drives being removed, the ragdoll that being knocked off causes, it's not even about it being a K-drive at that point.

What it's about is that you have a mobility tool with built in damage reduction, and the trade-off on mobility and DR is that you are only able to use your Secondary. Which Yareli's passive boosts up anyway.

Plus, if you can actually mod this Ability like a K-drive? There's some genuinely silly mods you can use, ones that give you Energy for Tricks, ones that deal CC shockwaves when you land, there's one that can reduce your chances of being knocked off by even more than Yareli's base functions (it might stack so you can never be knocked off), heck, there's even one called Quick Escape that gives you 5 seconds of invulnerability just for mounting one. So you could possibly use it in place of a function like Rolling Guard, toggling back and forth between the ability and regular combat as needed.

Just by virtue of having a K-drive as an ability, Yareli might have some of the most interesting modding in the game...

·       I like the way she looks but I don`t like the asymmetrical one sleave on her arm.

·       I like that she is childish like Nezha. I like the different types of warframes that we have (skinny, fat, hench, massive, childish). I would like to see an old man warframe and height/size differences. I hope that will be a thing in the future. With her mannerisms, if she was human I would imagine her as a Japanese girl.

1st ability:

Idm what it does but I feel like it could do a lot more, why not make enemies visually be caught inside the bubble and the decrease in health overtime be them not being able to breath, then when duration ends or deactivated it will explode causing a radial damage an knockdown.

2nd ability:

I like the idea but I don`t like it just being a k-drive since there are some levels that have close quarter areas (which we play in the most) and will cause a lot of collision, it should do more than what it does.

Suggestions:

·       Holding the ability turns in into a companion and attack enemies which you can jump on at any time.

·       It can pass through small obstacles (grineer barricades)

·       Enemies it attacks are vulnerable to damage.

·       It leaves an ice trail slowing enemy’s movement which can be done while riding it or it as a companion.

3rd ability:

This ability I like the most, this is the ability that should have damage reduction on not the 2nd ability.

4th ability:

I don`t like this ability as her 4th, I think it needs to be completely replaced with a new ability or make it her 2nd or 3rd (but make it smaller) and make her 2nd ability her 4th.

All in all, her abilities are kind of weird combination and underwhelming, I hope they get better on release. Also just to let you know every wf they show weather I have play it or not I'm still going to give my opinion on it.

if this frame looks cool to you...great i sincerely hope you enjoy it.

but for me personally....she looks like easily the worst frame in the game by a huge HUGE margin. right out the gate, the design is inconsistent with warframe.... the kit looks pointless and ineffective....who is this supposed to appeal to?

a terrible janky looking k-drive ability (because we all just LOVE k-drives) AND zephyrs old awful ability that was changed because it was so bad?

Ytho GIF

I'm excited for Yareli. Her show case was awesome, but then they told us her passive. It was a bit of a let down. Don't get me wrong, a crit chance boost for sidearms while moving around on Merulina isn't bad..... In my mind I was thinking she would be able to have like some debuff that would make enemies more susceptible to damage. She could have some kind of water status effect that gives a higher chance to freeze, or spread more damage with toxin or electricity. These passives be lacking. I'm going to still play her though, might end up buying her bundle. Hopefully that critical chance increase is wort it.

Archived