Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

31 minutes ago, XAN3MK said:

Funny enough, its about the only ability in Yareli's that looks vaguely interesting assuming it can be modded to 25-30m of range and does considerably amount of damage (even better if it becomes the Helminth ability). Seriously, I feel like Yareli's kit is DoA, but that's a different concern.

As for World on Fire, there was never anything wrong with it, it was only issue for people, both at DE and among the playebase who don't play relevant content. Even after Ember's rework, nothing has really changed, we still mod her for efficient spamming of her 4 to clear the map. Yeah, it's more "active", in that it requires constant pressing of a button for the exact same outcome.

Dude I wasn't complaining about Ember's 4. My concern is that they're just gonna nerf her 3, just like they nerfed Ember's 4

How does a small AOE damage ability give you PTSD flashbacks to World on Fire?

World on Fire was a MASSIVE damage AOE with decent damage and an almost nonexistent energy cost.

From what we saw. Aqua blades is a small Damage AOE with questionable damage and is duration based.

Now granted they did use WoF as an extremely flimsy excuse to not Buff Xakus 2s range. So why there is no logical connection between Aqua Blades and WoF. I can’t put it past DE to not use WoF as an excuse to just made Aqua Blades bad.

1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

Dude I wasn't complaining about Ember's 4. My concern is that they're just gonna nerf her 3, just like they nerfed Ember's 4

Where did I say that you were? All I'm saying is that if her 3 is going to get nerfed, it'll be just another sacrifice on the alter of DE's questionable "balance™" decisions.
No point fretting over it.

7 hours ago, XAN3MK said:

Where did I say that you were? All I'm saying is that if her 3 is going to get nerfed, it'll be just another sacrifice on the alter of DE's questionable "balance™" decisions.
No point fretting over it.

The frame isnt even out yet. Ehat you saw on stream may not be what ships.

Even if it does, there is no guarantee it is as effective as you think it will me.

On 2021-06-06 at 8:42 PM, selig_fay said:

Helminth is not guilty of being bad at trying to fix the game's design. xD It would be much better if warframes were just skins)

The fact that ppl are saying "to make the frame better use helminth" is a problem plus it exacerbates the damage meta which will cause things to get nerfed. 

Example? Khora`s 1, Xoris glaive, Trinity`s 3.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

The fact that ppl are saying "to make the frame better use helminth" is a problem plus it exacerbates the damage meta which will cause things to get nerfed. 

I feel like it should be examined why people are saying "To make the frame better use Helminth". Are they coming from it at a max-efficiency perspective or a Steel Path perspective or...?

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

The people that are saying that are the ones that do not enjoy the k-drive, they have the option to remove it thankfully.

I personally am looking forward to getting her, don't have many issues with controlling the k-drive on closed spaces after doing a bunch of the cave races also want to mod a more combat/utility k-drive instead of a speedy one

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I feel like it should be examined why people are saying "To make the frame better use Helminth". Are they coming from it at a max-efficiency perspective or a Steel Path perspective or...?

Mostly unrelated to the main topic but...

Some frame abilities are so bad they aren't worth using at any level really.

Nyx's Mind Control at best is worse than a specter of most Warframes, Loki's Decoy only works if you use it to break the A.I. pathing otherwise it dies in 1 hit from anything past level 10 and his Switch Teleport is good for Spy Vaults and...absolutely nothing else for example.

It isn't just an efficiency thing, many frames have abilities that are just flat out useless even with an Augment.

We can't know if Yareli will fall into that problem until she launches, but it is a problem that should be kept in mind so we don't have another Xaku, who had to receive multiple patches of QoL buffs, which some may argue went into overkill territory but I don't know enough about Xaku to make a solid statement on that.

16 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Some frame abilities are so bad they aren't worth using at any level really.

Ooh, this is a perspective I’ve constantly seen yet hadn’t assigned a name to.

🤔 I’m thinking “Taking a sledgehammer when a standard one will do”. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

The frame isnt even out yet. Ehat you saw on stream may not be what ships.

Even if it does, there is no guarantee it is as effective as you think it will me.

I don't know why you are quoting me here, I'm not the one concerned about her 3 or the state in which the frame releases. (I question the kit's design, but that's about it)

On 2021-06-07 at 5:13 AM, Dodens said:

I felt a sharp pain in my back when Pablo mentioned she'd be "Kawaii"

*googles things* *stretches fingers*

I find that Saryn is the most Ara-ara feeling of the Warframes.

Titania has such a cute Chibi form.

Eksucariba is one of the most well rounded.

Ash is a a traditional Shinobi.

Hydroid with purple tentacles does justice for his Hentoid nickname, and gender equality?

*engages evil smile*

Valkyr is angry all the time, but actually goes around fishing for Ostrons, such a tsundere. I imagine saying "Its not like a did it for you or anything, B-baka!" to them.

27 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

*googles things* *stretches fingers*

I find that Saryn is the most Ara-ara feeling of the Warframes.

Titania has such a cute Chibi form.

Eksucariba is one of the most well rounded.

Ash is a a traditional Shinobi.

Hydroid with purple tentacles does justice for his Hentoid nickname, and gender equality?

*engages evil smile*

Valkyr is angry all the time, but actually goes around fishing for Ostrons, such a tsundere. I imagine saying "Its not like a did it for you or anything, B-baka!" to them.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Bravo.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

That means the problem lies in 2 places though and neither of those places is Helminth. And Helminth also has nothing to do with the nerfs to the "damage meta" since it hasnt been required for any of them. The only "nerf" related to Helminth is the rebalance of individual skills obtained through Helminth.

The actual problems regarding why people want to make Yareli better by using Helminth lies in the design of Yareli i.e her using a K-drive, and the K-drive system in general that is simply bad. Maybe change either of those two things so people want to use the whole Yareli kit. And I'm fairly sure people arent replacing her board just to increase their damage, since looking at it her #4 would be a better replacement candidate if the goal was deeps only.

4 hours ago, XAN3MK said:

I don't know why you are quoting me here, I'm not the one concerned about her 3 or the state in which the frame releases. (I question the kit's design, but that's about it)

Sorry about that i dont know why i quoted you either. 

18 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I would say that this belongs in the Feedback section, but it really doesn't belong anywhere; maybe Off-topic?  "Pre-release feedback" does deserve credit for breaking new ground in the field of oxymorons, though.

Well, not really. I'd agree if they hadn't fully revealed the Frame. 

But given that we now know what the entire frame is about, we can leave feedback for them on what they've shown us. 

They can address concerns  like the cyclone ragdolling or merulina being potentially awkward to use and take our impressions of those abilities to make sure they dont launch Yareli as a DoA frame with abilities that don't feel good to play. 

There's another game that kept saying pre release feedback wasn't relevant and the players ended being dead right about the changes lol

I’m just sitting here hoping that Merulina will be moddable.

Kdrives have quite a bit of combat and utility mods that aren’t very practical in the open world areas. But could have some use in normal missions.

On 2021-06-08 at 5:17 PM, SenorClipClop said:

Lol, "pre-release feedback".

TBF the title was edited by the forum moderators to be that, and they basically turned this thread into a dumping spot for all Yareli related threads.

It happens with every new frame reveal.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m just sitting here hoping that Merulina will be moddable.

Kdrives have quite a bit of combat and utility mods that aren’t very practical in the open world areas. But could have some use in normal missions.

Oh it should be, stuff like Khora's Venari and Titania's semi-proto-but-not-really-archwing stuff are moddable. It will probably be right there on the first tab of the armory when using Yareli

hace 1 hora, (NSW)Filgaia dijo:

Oh it should be, stuff like Khora's Venari and Titania's semi-proto-but-not-really-archwing stuff are moddable. It will probably be right there on the first tab of the armory when using Yareli

You can only mod the weapons, not the archwing itself tho

Archived