Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

1 hour ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

Oh it should be, stuff like Khora's Venari and Titania's semi-proto-but-not-really-archwing stuff are moddable. It will probably be right there on the first tab of the armory when using Yareli

Imagine's using Quick Escape and Juice on normal tileset missions... :satisfied:

17 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m just sitting here hoping that Merulina will be moddable.

Kdrives have quite a bit of combat and utility mods that aren’t very practical in the open world areas. But could have some use in normal missions.

I wonder if they would test having Yareli's modded ability stats affect the values of those K-Drive mods equipped onto Merulina. K-Drive damage mods with 4 m and 400 damage sucks for sure, but Juice's 55 energy per 100 Trick Score is juicy and 5 sec invulnerability are nothing to scoff at.

В 01.06.2021 в 12:06, _R_o_g_u_e_ сказал:

For the love of God. There are over 40 frames, they are supposed to be diverse and appeal to different players. The staff at DE aren’t specifically making content for sad old men. Not every frame is for every person.

She’s a bubbly, feminine frame. That doesn’t need to mean she’s a reference to anime, or have anything to do with “weeb” culture. 

DE doesn’t work for you, not everything they do needs to be tailor made for you. Get. Over. It.

This.
I honestly thought she's more of a Ventkid. Child-like personality, a K-Drive racer, and HER MISSION BEING A VENTKIDS ONE. I wouldn't be surprised if DE made some music for her quest it would be Skeg!

1 hour ago, mrpyro12345678 said:

This.
I honestly thought she's more of a Ventkid. Child-like personality, a K-Drive racer, and HER MISSION BEING A VENTKIDS ONE. I wouldn't be surprised if DE made some music for her quest it would be Skeg!

I would love to hear some Vent Kids music! And I agree with your explanation. 

I honestly don't get the absolute shock and anger over a few idle animations... people get upset over the silliest things. We already have all kinds of things people can do by mixing different idle animations/ephemeras/syandana's and other pieces, that can make a frame look shocking or outrageous in various ways. And we have a whole month where frames go around wearing fake mustaches. 

Anyone that worried about "omg muh immersionuhzz!!" needs to realize that ship sailed long ago. A couple more bits of silly animation are not going to break the social order. 

6 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I would love to hear some Vent Kids music! And I agree with your explanation. 

I honestly don't get the absolute shock and anger over a few idle animations... people get upset over the silliest things. We already have all kinds of things people can do by mixing different idle animations/ephemeras/syandana's and other pieces, that can make a frame look shocking or outrageous in various ways. And we have a whole month where frames go around wearing fake mustaches. 

Anyone that worried about "omg muh immersionuhzz!!" needs to realize that ship sailed long ago. A couple more bits of silly animation are not going to break the social order. 

I’m just shocked that people saw feminine characteristics and immediately blamed it on anime?

Like, what?

21 minutes ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I’m just shocked that people saw Belle Delphine characteristics and immediately blamed it on anime?

Like, what?

Fixed it for you.

Now that I think about it...

Belle Delphine... Beautiful Dolphin.

Yareli is a "cute" water-based Warframe that rides on an aquatic creature. Dolphins are aquatic creatures...

Is this frame an intentional Belle Delphine insert?

818k1CLbUbL._AC_SY741_.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Fixed it for you.

Now that I think about it...

Belle Delphine... Beautiful Dolphin.

Yareli is a "cute" water-based Warframe that rides on an aquatic creature. Dolphins are aquatic creatures...

Is this frame an intentional Belle Delphine insert?

818k1CLbUbL._AC_SY741_.jpg

No, she’s just a bubbly, feminine character. That has nothing to do with adult entertainment or anime.

It’s actually quite repulsive how men have been responding to her so far. When literally one of the key aspects about her has been her femininity.

If you’re going to respond, please don’t reference anymore adult entertainers, it makes me extremely uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I’m just shocked that people saw feminine characteristics and immediately blamed it on anime?

Like, what?

Maybe they are self hating weebs? 

Because when you point that out, it reminds me how weird it is that many of the people comparing it to anime act like they don't seem to care much about anime. But how would you even know enough about anime to attempt to compare it to that if you don't watch it? 

12 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

No, she’s just a bubbly, feminine character. That has nothing to do with adult entertainment or anime.

It’s actually quite repulsive how men have been responding to her so far. When literally one of the key aspects about her has been her femininity.

If you’re going to respond, please don’t reference anymore adult entertainers, it makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Unfortunately for you, my real-world experience with her double-peace sign animations all call back to many adult entertainers, female friends, and my own fiancée who are all into lewd stuff. My brain is already hard-wired to perceive certain actions a certain way. If you have a problem with that then take it to pop culture and the normalization of onlyfans because I'm not going to re-wire my brain or pretend I don't mean something else (Lying to myself) just to please a perfect stranger who is uncomfortable. Add me to ignore if you must.

10 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Maybe they are self hating weebs? 

Because when you point that out, it reminds me how weird it is that many of the people comparing it to anime act like they don't seem to care much about anime. But how would you even know enough about anime to attempt to compare it to that if you don't watch it? 

I think there are degrees of separation between people who enjoy and watch anime, and weebs. Being a weeb goes beyond consuming media; they create and participate in their own sub-cultures that resolve around Japan instead of just the medium. Think the next step after Otaku. The irony there is that both terms are supposed to be derogatory rather than simply explicative. 

It's also very hard in the current climate to actually see highly feminine behaviors in real-life western settings and media because unmistaken feminine characteristics are currently treated as a negative ¨girly girl¨ patriarchal stereotype.  For example, a very close female friend of mine disliked Alita: Battle Angel (The movie) because she couldn't stomach how sweet and feminine Alita was. She hated the "I give you my heart" scene in particular.

This is not the case in Japanese media and culture, so it is easier to associate with anime and Japanese culture even if that means unintentionally behaving as a weeb.

16 minutes ago, quxier said:

Water frames could have increased speed or something while in/on the water (submersible nodes).

Why would that make sense? We use an Archwing not the frame when submerged. It would also open the door to questions about why that type of effect isn’t applied in other areas to the relevant frames. An infested frame could be buffed in infested areas for example.

13 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Why would that make sense?

Hydroid can change into water, Yareli has k-drive.

14 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It would also open the door to questions about why that type of effect isn’t applied in other areas to the relevant frames. An infested frame could be buffed in infested areas for example.

That's good questions but not in the scope of this topic.

10 minutes ago, quxier said:

Hydroid can change into water, Yareli has k-drive.

But how are the powers transferred to the AW? I could agree with them not needing an AW when doing submersible modes. And this could easily give them a quicker speed than the AW.

11 minutes ago, quxier said:

That's good questions but not in the scope of this topic.

I was not intending it to be considered. It was just a statement that if something like this gets implemented then people will question other frame and environment combinations.

47 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I was not intending it to be considered. It was just a statement that if something like this gets implemented then people will question other frame and environment combinations.

We have Zephyr so...

47 minutes ago, krc473 said:

But how are the powers transferred to the AW?

Like +X speed as with auras of other people?

48 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I could agree with them not needing an AW when doing submersible modes. And this could easily give them a quicker speed than the AW.

Yeah, especially Yareli with her K-drive thing.

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

Oh, great, my suggestion merged into some discussion.

Does it mean it's not worth suggestions? 🤣

No, it means DE is keeping all the great suggestions about Yareli in the same place so they are easier to organize. 

Your topic was merged and put where DE will look at it. 

What started as a rant thread has basically become the (at least pseudo-official) megathread for all things Yareli pre-release. 

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

No, it means DE is keeping all the great suggestions about Yareli in the same place so they are easier to organize. 

Your topic was merged and put where DE will look at it. 

What started as a rant thread has basically become the (at least pseudo-official) megathread for all things Yareli pre-release. 

Oh, make sense. Make sense. "General discussion" were confusing. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Can we expect some changes to K-drive mechanics and/or k-drive's mods(assuming that she ill get some Exalted k-drive)? It would be nice if Yareli come with those stuffs. For example imagine slashing all enemies on your right or holding 1 enemy and "k-driving" enemies like in Matrix with pole scene (at 1:10)

Some sort of interactivity between k-drive & enemies/terrain.

15 hours ago, quxier said:

Some sort of interactivity between k-drive & enemies/terrain.

Probably just knockdown and collateral damage from landing on them. If K-Drive modding on Merulina was given the go-ahead, I think Pablo and QA team would also give the related K-Drive mods a balance pass as well, time constraints for all-platform-release permitting.

On 2021-06-12 at 5:13 AM, (PSN)zj0ker20 said:

In my opinion, giving feedback about Yareli is irrelevant since she isn't out yet.  Wait until she's released and we've all had a chance to play with her kit, then come here to complain about whatever has slighted you about her.

There have been numerous times when the community is completely able to tell if a frame will be good or not from just the first reveal.

We all knew Xaku was going to be one of the worst frames in the game when she was shown at Tennocon. And we were right.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

We all knew Xaku was going to be one of the worst frames in the game when she was shown at Tennocon. And we were right.

So.... Xaku mindlessly killing some high level enemies (I don't remember, it was probably few tousands). And you call it one of the worst? I mean sure, even my one of favorite, I see bad things but "the worst" is too much.

Do you mind telling us what is so wrong with that frame that makes it "one of the worst"?

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

So.... Xaku mindlessly killing some high level enemies (I don't remember, it was probably few tousands). And you call it one of the worst? I mean sure, even my one of favorite, I see bad things but "the worst" is too much.

Do you mind telling us what is so wrong with that frame that makes it "one of the worst"?

it(xaku) WAS , not right now of course , it was weak when it was released with all the high investment cost against meh outcome , it was basically an all rounder frame with nothing best at particular except the high investment value which made it basically hydroid tier but not after the big buffs 

Archived