Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

17 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

My concern is whether K-Drive is suited for enclosed spaces like most of the non-open world tilesets.

Titania's Archwing form was pretty jarring to use at first. A lot of crashing into surfaces and not being able to travel at max speed for very long.

K-drives need to have tighter controls, right now they're too slippery & you fall from the lightest touch from a damn leaf

17 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I mean locked lol. they said you do the quest for the Vent kids for the Blueprint, same as any other quest frame, but then her parts will be in Vent Kids' inventory under offerings.. so you'll need to get Vent Kids Standing, which means doing the tricks and the races. 

if you like K-drives it's fine, but it's a huge L for me. another frame I'll be using a coupon on.

Oh right, the vent kids, completely forgot that was her quest

Guess I'll just grind at the pearl for an hour to get my daily standing

So that's what they were saying about a "unique way to get her"

1 minute ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

K-drives need to have tighter controls, right now they're too slippery & you fall from the lightest touch from a damn leaf

Yeah its a cool idea but its probably going to go through a lot of revisions.

Makes you wonder how many weird interactions its going to have with tileset features.

1 minute ago, Tricky5hift said:

Yeah its a cool idea but its probably going to go through a lot of revisions.

Makes you wonder how many weird interactions its going to have with tileset features.

Well, if it ends up being unplayable we'll know for sure that they didn't test it to begin with

& of course there'll be tons of topics about it & maybe they'll change the controls accordingly

We can only wait

I've unlocked everything related to K-Drives myself and even formaed one of them 4 times.

I enjoy the difficult Deimos races a ton.

But I still don't see how you're supposed to use K-Drives in most of the existing missions.

Even tiny ledges (that are all over Deimos) will trip you up, take away all your momentum and then punish you with several secconds of taking all your controls away from you, bonus points if you ragdoll down a hill to make take even longer.

On Deimos you can memorize the trickier spots, charge up a large jump and then essentially fly over terrain you can't navigate well.

In missions you will bump into the ceiling (or void out for "flying" too high) instead.

Unless her exalted K-Drive works very differently from the current ones, I don't see anyone playing her for too long (or at least playing her on her K-Drive).

Just a headsup this is an early post for a frame that doesn't exist yet and we barely know her kit, everything is up for change so i thought i would give my 2 sense on the matter, take everything i say with a grain of salt.

1st ability, a damage reduction/crit buff that is only obtained while essentially being in a K-Drive in a non open world mission. this is very problematic for anything that is not pretty much open world, because of how tight the tiles generally are. additionally compared to a warframe a K-drive has very limited movement which is a major detriment, if you ask me there should be a way to get the buff without constantly being on the K-drive, Especially the damage reduction which is oh boi so necessary for a frame that is meant to survive off just that, (it better be 90% DR as well), just think about it this way, without consistent Damage Reduction or some form of survivability (emphasis on consistent) the frame will become a pretty bad pick past a certain point (say roughly level 80-100).
if it was me, i would probably make it so when you get on her 1, each headshot kill you do will give you 5-10s duration on ur damage reduction upon leaving which then would cap at 30-60s depending on the power duration, but anything more than just being on the k-drive is better than nothing.

2nd ability, she throws some beach balls that attach to enemies CC them and deal damage over time, this is a pretty decent ability for the most part, but i think it could benefit from 2 things to make it a more reliable ability, first off give it a 3m (non scaling) AOE on each CCed target to CC additional targets and secondly i would like this to be recast able without removing the older instant, you know much like bastille/vortex, Excal radial blind, etc.

3rd Ability, This is giving me really bad vibes since from the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be a scaling high DPS power, and it doesn't have high range, it probably at best is a mid level damage dealer which honestly has no place existing in the game, given how many much much better picks we already have.

4th Ability, another CC ability which also probably deals scaling dmg with the enemy count (assumption obv) but the down side being it launches enemies across the bloody map, so if it doesn't kill (probably anything past mid levels) it will just be a CC which makes it hard to hit enemies because they will be all over the place. i think this should be changed so it doesn't launch the enemies that far!

Overall, i have issues with her, the most important of which is that she has no place existing, there is nothing she is really good at, no interesting combo! her 1 is mostly her Survivability, her 2 is okay CC, her 3 is low range dmg, her 4 is another CC that MIGHT do decent dmg but nothing that will make her a dmg dealer frame (assumption here as well).
to me it seems like the entire reason she must exist is that DE wants to add warframes even if they won't be used and won't bring anything to the table! which if you ask me is a pretty bad idea because it makes new warframes get a "oh we get another useless frame" vibe which is VERY unhealthy for the game.

i don't think me making a kit for her is relevant because i know no one cares so just make her something interesting, give her something that no one else has, or as is she is a pretty forgettable frame!

Yerali is a kinky frame with a K-drive mechanic nobody seems to care about, it has a "kawaii" aspect which is not everyone cup of tea, I assume more people are going to feed her to monster in the basement, but I can't stop having mixed feelings about Yerali, and the fact that they associate her with ventkids is verry odd, I have a lot of questions now, who are these people DE is catering to lately ? Can someone explain to me how Yerali's "kawaii" aspect fits in the warframe aesthetics ? looks like DE is heading towards diversifying the game, that happens to attract more subcultures now more than ever, and I'm okey with that, but please DE, Give people cosmetics, rather than content made specifically to a certain subculture, Make a kawai skin for warframes rather than making it shoot the kawai effects.. 

for me its a skip on this one, I'm personally interested in New war, duviri, I want to fight the sentients, I want more umbra warframes, new mechs, and .... modular arcwing, As a player who spend time in this game I want DE to deliver what they promised, otherwise If I want to play as a kawai waifu I'd go play some chinese gacha game and call it a day.

and, one more question, Where the hell is Stalker mode ?????

Edit : I'm not saying anime fans or "weebs" shouldn't play this game, in fact I myself watch anime a lot, but If I want to play anime games there are plenty in the market already, Games like Genshin Impact and Blue protocol and Phantasy star Online are gonna be the Top dogs for a very long time, But warframe ?? srsly ?? We play this game bcs of its uniqueness, seeing it following to popular trends is very sad, especially when those companies that does follow trends end up killing their games in no time.. Idk, sorry for the rant again !    

I think, yareli need be 4 times smaller to maintain mobility in narrow corridors. At the moment, yareli on k-drive seems too big to perform tricks on. This will be a problem due to the fact that players will collide walls, small objects, and bumps. I think you know why I draw such conclusions. Titania has removed collision damage due to the corridors being too narrow, although Titania is 10 times smaller than a normal frame. I think in half of the situations there is simply no place for maneuvering if we dont change frame size. 

I don't particularly care about the Kdrive bit ( or her idol aesthetic) , 

But depending on the implementation and mechanics , like will it have improved resistance to falling off/ragdoll immunity and obstruction avoidance/mantling , it may work. 

I have a very nice Kdrive setup for open world's that I regularly use for energy regen and short burst of invincibility , though I doubt we can do tricks for some of the effects it should still be interesting.

I am absolutely concerned about tight tilesets like Eris though , (infested ship rework when ?) 

But hey , if Bowling Bowl Grendel can work so can surfer girl yareli.

I am however dissapointed by her other washing machine abilities , 

Vaubans Bastille , and orbital strike was very very obvious.

The dual chakrams were cool but I was hoping it was an actual weapon instead of an old glaive stance glitch that they managed to make an ability.

I am of course getting ahead of myself and making assumptions without actually testing her , it may turn out to be actually decent in practice.

10 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Yep, DE is pushing to the max to reach younger and youger audience

that is very risky, there are plenty of Gacha games out there, the market is over saturated with mobile games already, to me it looks like DE sees companies making billions out of seelling 3D models of waifus and wants to join the trend

10 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

to me it looks like DE sees companies making billions out of seelling 3D models of waifus and wants to join the trend

Sadly, they jump in bandwagon with crazy Deluxe skins and even more fugly ephemeras, now with silly Yareli emotes Warframe start to feels like Fortnite

53 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

Yerali is a kinky frame

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Don't get where you got kinky from.

Anyways I think they are just balancing out from the absolute edge we got from Sevagoth with the other spectrum of weeb crap. I don't think it's a trend, just 2 frames that came from fans, and a lot of WF fans are weebs so it's not surprising. And before these two we had Lavos and Xaku which don't fit this vibe at all, you might just be reading too much into this

people have been making pink rhinos and anime fan art for years, they are catering to the fans they already have, just not the ones you know, personally i´m thinking of equipping her with Saryn or Mag animations, problem solved!

We'll see, when the next frame releases, if it's another cringe-inducing weebframe, the armada might have to bring the holy texts and chainblades out of retirement.  Otherwise, they're just two warframes I don't really have any interest in thematically.

Just now, ReddyDisco said:

Anime themed frame, gotta have everything. Maybe this is a stretch too far, the animations kinda almost made me puke 

I'm honestly with ya there mate.  Seeing the flesh golem ninja rock its legs back and forth, and let out some barely-covered giggle after falling off a K-Drive seems utterly out of place, as did the gross hearts made of water, but I suppose Digital Extremes knows their audience, both existing and potential, better than me.

Might have to do the Harry in terms of actually paying attention to new releases, but what're ya gonna do really?

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am absolutely concerned about tight tilesets like Eris though , (infested ship rework when ?) 

But hey , if Bowling Bowl Grendel can work so can surfer girl yareli.

You want to remodel a tileset to fit a single ability for one single frame. I just say too bad for Yareli.

I think her K Drive will serve little purpose in many tilesets. Changing her size sounds really silly though.

Colliding with walls can be an issue if you constantly go full speed, which you don't need to. just move at normal speed in tighter areas and speed up when possible.

Archived