Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

3 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Well, every frame is useful in regular star chart, but maybe endurance, steel path, leveling or special content like eidolon and I see her pretty much nowhere beyond regular star chart content and there she is completely outshined in mobility and CC by at least five frames.

Well, think about the frames that get used a lot, what do they have in common? They have abilities that befit the current state of the game. Frames like Ivara, Nyx and so on are maybe interesting design wise (and face it, Nyx has some of the most stylish skins in the game), but because of their lackluster abilities or some graving problems (Ivara being too immobile, Nyx being too squishy) they are pretty much never used. And a frame that is never used is a frame whose existence is questionable, which as you have rightfully stated is a problem.
So, in that regard, the problems are often interwoven, but it is without a doubt not the lore or the design alone, that makes a frame irrelevant, it is the lack of useful abilities, so yeah, imho, this is her biggest issue. 

well not every frame needs to be the same. I personally feel some frames could use an update, but a lot of the complaints on Nyx for instance are unjustified. It's the only frame that can do without any sort of protection if you play her well. I've thrown her into many high level content and don't ever die. And I do not even use an assimilate build. She doesn't do well vs disruptors, nullifiers or in arbitrations, but not every frame is built for every type of content to be as effective as something else. This uniqueness is good.

But ehm, let's not get ahead of ourselves. She's not even released yet, but you're already complaining about her viability. I mean. Based on what? your extensive experience playing her in all the content available?

Maybe I can just replace her K-Drive with Eclipse.

I really don't like Yareli honestly. The designs, sounds, and being based on a K-Drive make it dead on arrival for me. She doesn't look very interesting at all.

Personally, I love the idea of K-drives in missions, but preferably as optional inclusions, not a lackluster ability attached to an equally unexciting Warframe.

The anime aesthetics are honestly disgusting, but that's subjective.

The fact that she seems tied to a K-Drive (which as far as I know from personal experience hardly anyone even bothers with anymore) bothers me. During the demo I lost count of how many times Reb bumped into something while saying that "Mobility is key" (or something like that) and getting stuck down the side of a staircase pretty much proved the point to me.

It looks like she's going to need that whirly, twirly blade storm thing because the cluttered level architecture is going to keep her from using the mobility that she's apparently built around. An open world frame if ever I saw one, but with no strong ranged killing ability?

Little nit pick, why is her 4 called cyclone? shouldn't it be named after something to do with the sea like Riptide or something? I can already see it being nicknamed "Sharknado" by people.

As for her aesthetic? Belle Delphine levels of Agaho poses and Daddy's little girl frills?

Someone at DE needs a quite talking to before the FBI come knocking.

Just now, Fl_3 said:

The fact that she seems tied to a K-Drive (which as far as I know from personal experience hardly anyone even bothers with anymore) bothers me. During the demo I lost count of how many times Reb bumped into something while saying that "Mobility is key" (or something like that) and getting stuck down the side of a staircase pretty much proved the point to me.

It looks like she's going to need that whirly, twirly blade storm thing because the cluttered level architecture is going to keep her from using the mobility that she's apparently built around. An open world frame if ever I saw one, but with no strong ranged killing ability?

Little nit pick, why is her 4 called cyclone? shouldn't it be named after something to do with the sea like Riptide or something? I can already see it being nicknamed "Sharknado" by people.

As for her aesthetic? Belle Delphine levels of Agaho poses and Daddy's little girl frills?

Just wait, I'll buy her just to put the animations on Nezha to piss people off.

And yeah, the animation and design is frankly concerning.

9 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

I'm honestly not sure whether DE even tests gameplay elements anymore.  They're highly competent in the cosmetic sector, but having a K-drive that doesn't pick up energy and gets caught on the environment didn't get noticed during development?

5 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

Its not too late for them to get it right, I remember very clear when DE reworked garuda many times before its release, did the same with Xaku, as for me I wouldn't mind using Yerali if its useful and fits the game logic, but srsly Why K-drives ?? I really thought they gonna give her exalted glaives  

1 hour ago, MouadSaqui said:

cause they clearly don't know what they're doing anymore, and as I stated earlier, Give people options and choices, Anime skins are fine as long as it doesn't ruin the experience and aesthetics of what we all used to. 

45+ Warframes to choose from but the one anime frame is totally ruining the game. No options, no choices anywhere! 

Just now, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

45+ Warframes to choose from but the one anime frame is totally ruining the game. No options, no choices anywhere! 

Well, it's more like adding a mystical Goblin shaman to Star Trek and claiming that it's fine because the majority of the characters aren't out of place.

52 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Well, every frame is useful in regular star chart, but maybe endurance, steel path, leveling or special content like eidolon and I see her pretty much nowhere beyond regular star chart content and there she is completely outshined in mobility and CC by at least five frames.

Well, think about the frames that get used a lot, what do they have in common? They have abilities that befit the current state of the game. Frames like Ivara, Nyx and so on are maybe interesting design wise (and face it, Nyx has some of the most stylish skins in the game), but because of their lackluster abilities or some graving problems (Ivara being too immobile, Nyx being too squishy) they are pretty much never used. And a frame that is never used is a frame whose existence is questionable, which as you have rightfully stated is a problem.
So, in that regard, the problems are often interwoven, but it is without a doubt not the lore or the design alone, that makes a frame irrelevant, it is the lack of useful abilities, so yeah, imho, this is her biggest issue. 

You just lost all credibility when you said Ivara has lackluster abilities.

2 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

Well, it's more like adding a mystical Goblin shaman to Star Trek and claiming that it's fine because the majority of the characters aren't out of place.

I’m not denying the frame feels out place in Warframe, but some of this whining is ridiculous. Just don’t play the frame, that’s what I’m going to do. It won’t effect my WF experience one bit.

Just now, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I’m not denying the frame feels out place in Warframe, but some of this whining is ridiculous. Just don’t play the frame, that’s what I’m going to do. It won’t effect my WF experience one bit.

Meh, some people like to cling to the idea that Warframe's world has any more cohesion and lore than the average fanfiction, which it plainly doesn't, it was just a happy accident that awesome stories fit into the cobbled-together nonsense, kinda like a Dark Souls situation.

Really, that's the main reason I'd oppose the frame, it degrades the feeling of the world, but what're you gonna do really?

The obvious problem is just that they shipped Nezha's animations with the wrong warframe.

My Little Blender of War and Bloody Mass Murder Can't Be This Cute !

More seriously, I don't really have a problem with a more youthful looking frame, but the animations are too over the top. If I get her, I will definitely change the animation set.

And that's not the only worrying thing. Regarding obtaining her, I'm sure they will tie her to the Ventkids and it's piss me off, the handling of the k-drive in regular tilesets is going to suck for sure (as we already see during the devstream) and it look like there isn't any meaningful synergies inside her kit :/

Just now, Yulfan said:

More seriously, I don't really have a problem with a more youthful looking frame, but the animations are too over the top. If I get her, I will definitely change the animation set.

And that's not the only worrying thing. Regarding obtaining her, I'm sure they will tie her to the Ventkids and it's piss me off, the handling of the k-drive in regular tilesets is going to suck for sure (as we already see during the devstream) and it look like there isn't any meaningful synergies inside her kit :/

A Ventkids tie and associated mini-quest is already confirmed, regrettably.

3 minutes ago, Yulfan said:

After all companies go where the money goes, There is a huge shift in the gaming industry right now, with Mihoyo making a billion dollar out of Genshin Impact, DE clearly wants to join the trends, again, I have no problem with the frame is its useful, but come on .. I hate lollis in video games, its so cringe, especially in a game like warframe 

Just now, MouadSaqui said:

After all companies go where the money goes, There is a huge shift in the gaming industry right now, with Mihoyo making a billion dollar out of Genshin Impact, DE clearly wants to join the trends, again, I have no problem with the frame is its useful, but come on .. I hate lollis in video games, its so cringe, especially in a game like warframe 

Definitely cringe, but cringe sells.

Archived