Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli / Pre-release feedback + Initial thoughts

PlanckZero

I was looking forward to Yareli, but honestly I'm very disappointed she does not have an exalted glaive, the art made it seem it would be the case. And while the "wave riding" idea is cool... we all know how poorly implemented K-drives are. They are probably the clunkiest system in the game, with poor turning radius, terrible aerial maneuverability, not to mention you get thrown off on the slightest bump. 

The main issue however is that the surf board is her whole gimmick. The rest of the kit looks lackluster, the 3rd seems mildly interesting just because it brings back that fun orbiting-glaive glitch. Only to make me want an actual exalted water glaive even more, especially because the current ult will just be a hindrance with the unnecessary ragdoll and radial push.

2 hours ago, selig_fay said:

For example, instead of collisions, give the opportunity to ride on the walls (avtomaticly) . This would be an even better alternative to reducing the size.

This would be nice and not so hard to implement (I think).

Only tileset like infested ships will be very hard to play.

26 minutes ago, quxier said:

This would be nice and not so hard to implement (I think).

Only tileset like infested ships will be very hard to play.

Well. Remembering how often I got stuck in the tentacles, I think you're right. We can slide, we can jump, maybe we can wallride. I think you need something like height predestination, so that k-drive automatically increases the height of the glide so that you can ignore small objects. If we're also restricted from hitting our heads on the ceiling, it might work. Of course, it would be cool if we could ride on the ceiling, but I think a lot of people will get the problem of space orientation then.

I wont judge until I can play her and tinker with the mods, plus we still dont know if the k drive is moddable or not and you can always put an helminth ability in its place. I think itll be handy for large maps such as newer corpus maps and railjack.

7 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

For the love of God. There are over 40 frames, they are supposed to be diverse and appeal to different players. The staff at DE aren’t specifically making content for sad old men. Not every frame is for every person.

She’s a bubbly, feminine frame. That doesn’t need to mean she’s a reference to anime, or have anything to do with “weeb” culture. 

DE doesn’t work for you, not everything they do needs to be tailor made for you. Get. Over. It.

Sure, she could be just bubbly and feminine, but she's not.

She's a cringe frame designed to appeal to a certain audience.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

If you're worried she's underage you should be worrying about something else.

Yeah... yikes, why would that be a concern for a Warframe.

<blinks after reading some of the stuff above.> Wow. Okay... Not where I was going, but okay...

The only thing that occurred to me was - considering where Warframes come from - who was the poor unfortunate who became the living template for Yareli? I know the Orokin were jerks, but doing that to a twentysomething girl is just hideous.

It gets back to something I've wondered for a while. Is there any chance, as the Operators learn the harsh truths of their technology, that they can start to "wake up" the personalities locked deep inside their warframes?

1 minute ago, Kitsushadow said:

It gets back to something I've wondered for a while. Is there any chance, as the Operators learn the harsh truths of their technology, that they can start to "wake up" the personalities locked deep inside their warframes?

They already know since the sacrifice they saw the vitruvian. As for awakening them it's up to DE, Umbra for example had a special transference bolt which is probably what makes him have some sentience while every other Warframes don't have it

54 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Well. Remembering how often I got stuck in the tentacles,

Ah... wait what?!

54 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

I think you need something like height predestination, so that k-drive automatically increases the height of the glide so that you can ignore small objects.

Yeah, probably something like this or she could hover through them. Not visually good but it should works.

56 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

If we're also restricted from hitting our heads on the ceiling, it might work.

High "teleporting things" might cause some problems. The spam it a lot in certain tilesets.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

They already know since the sacrifice they saw the vitruvian. As for awakening them it's up to DE, Umbra for example had a special transference bolt which is probably what makes him have some sentience while every other Warframes don't have it

Every Warframe has sentience, it's just that the non-Umbra ones don't act of their own accord.  Their sentience is an important aspect of the Tenno bond with them, which is described in the Vitruvian scene you're referencing.

30 minutes ago, Kitsushadow said:

<blinks after reading some of the stuff above.> Wow. Okay... Not where I was going, but okay...

The only thing that occurred to me was - considering where Warframes come from - who was the poor unfortunate who became the living template for Yareli? I know the Orokin were jerks, but doing that to a twentysomething girl is just hideous.

That's been my opinion for a while regarding the unique stances for each Warframe. 

Some part of the original mind must remain in there somewhere. It just usually gets expressed in stances and idle animations. 

Though I've always been curious as to how much actual control our Operators have over a Frame. Is it full on puppetry or more akin to guidance?

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

If you're worried she's underage you should be worrying about something else.

News flash: all Warframes are underage. Why? Because each frame you made was born the day you took them out of the oven.

No even the oldest of the Warframes are over 10 years old.

Have fun with that.

I think what makes me feel a bit 'off' about her is that she's taking from a specific element of modern-day culture. Like, festivals around the autumn season or winter season have been celebrated since time immemorial. Splashing each other with water too cool off is pretty much a given provided you have ready access to water and live somewhere hot. And broad-strokes concepts like pirates, bird-people and gods could absolutely survive in a form twisted by time. At least enough for willing suspension of disbelief.

But Kawaii culture? I dunno - something so specifically Kawaii culture feels... out of place. We don't observe Christmas as we did a hundred years ago, but the 'peace' sign being considered cutesy lasted for millenia?

37 minutes ago, Kitsushadow said:

Dude, the Orokin had Continuity. They had bids for "the young and exotic" to be their next bodies. Inaros' Quest tells how the "Golden Skymen" would take their children away. Teshin even described the Continuity as "borrowing through your mind, corrupting it with despair, until only she (The Grineer Red Queen, an Orokin) remains.". Gara wanted to give herself willingly to become a Warframe, knowing the full truth, what did they do? What Nihil wanted and more: She was "glassed" and turned into a Warfame, what a great "honor", for her stigmatization shall forever be twinkling like a "petty ayatan" before their "golden indifference". 

We have long since seen that Morality was, not optional, but a WHIM. 

The Orokin would have made sociopaths pause and backtrack a bit. 

2 hours ago, MqToasty said:

One thing I noticed is that Warframe has tried hard to encompass many variations of the human form.  On the feminine side, we've had a diva (Saryn), bodybuilder (Hildryn), soccer mom (Nova), dancer/gymnast (Mirage), cowgirl (Mesa), etc.  But what we've been missing is a younger female counterpart to Nezha.  So we got maid cafe waitress Yareli.  Personally, I thought she looked pretty cute in the stills, but they went a bit overboard with the kawaii animations.

I just now decided that I will go with brown energy colors so I can serve up hot coffee and tea!

Being restricted to secondary only on a glorified K-drive and questionable ability synergy isn't my kind of frame.

I guess nobody here can really say for certain until she is playable, but first impressions aren't good for me.

If anything, she'll be a nice snack for the flesh wall in the back of the ship.

17 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

But Kawaii culture? I dunno - something so specifically Kawaii culture feels... out of place. We don't observe Christmas as we did a hundred years ago, but the 'peace' sign being considered cutesy lasted for millenia?

Aaaahhhhh... 

Look, Josnei, the Rebecca said those were PABLO'S words, not in-universe. 

It's no surprise that "cute" isn't what some Warframe players are looking for, but I find it a bit overboard for anyone to be suggesting that Yareli's animations are anything out-of-the-ordinary.  We already have sexy animation sets; in contrast, "cute" actually seems more toned down.

And honestly, we've already got more than enough animation sets that are subtle variations on "ready for combat".  I'm a big fan of the animation sets that show a bit more personality, and will definitely be tossing DE some plat so I can put these animations on other Warframes.

I kind of liked K drives. Themselves they are kind of ok gameplay wise, they just don't clip well enough in the tilesets and day to day tasks you are doing.

Mobility wise, I don't think it is better than bullet jumping / void dashing, and it is an issue that the game has since its inception, Parkour 2.0 did not solved the issue back in the day, it just shifted it a bit.

So about the frame, it is too early to tell, she looks extremly spammy and we will need to see a full patchnote for the power level of the frame. Right of the bat I can say that she is flavorfull and that her kit is on par with the flavor. Having a large lingering AoE around your character is something that has been abused multiple times and she has that. To me it is pretty great that new player experience has access to this form of clear confort early on for regular starchart stuffs.

I read in the early pages a rant about titania bumping into walls, it is correct but you can get good at it, the pay off from titania is different as her speed is extreme. This is the kind of frames that achieve constantly sub 1mn capture missions. Yerali won't have that, but I can see the new frame steamrolling lvl 50 to 60 content with a subpar loadout and you don't need to understand game mechanics to move at decent pace wich will be very fun for new players, just run around on the kdrive until you can cast the lingering AoE and cruise while farming your fieldrons, detonite injectors or whatever at your mr5 lol.

22 hours ago, PlanckZero said:

If players can already look at an ability and simply say "Yup, that's what I'm replacing with X" before the frame has even released then that isn't exactly a good sign, especially when it's such a signature ability.

Honestly, this doesn't mean anything.  Players say all sorts of uninformed stuff; they always have, and they always will.  I'm far too accustomed to watching them eat their words once a release happens to put any stock in the opinions of players who haven't even touched the content yet.

19 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

While it might not remain this way, her k-drive currently can't be modded like an exalted ability.

One thing I noticed watching Shy's abridged devstream was that during the Yareli gameplay segment Rebecca actually levels up her K-Drive.

UnIMQ8Y.png

So, unless the K-Drive has levels for no reason, it'll be able to be modded. And that opens up quite a lot of options for stacking different status effects, CC, doing tricks for energy, invulnerability, not to mention mobility.

6 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Aaaahhhhh... 

Look, Josnei, the Rebecca said those were PABLO'S words, not in-universe. 

Still, the specific actions like the aforementioned peace signs and poses are pretty indicative.

Archived