Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea - Option for sprint by default

vor 16 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face:

There’s literally no toxicity in this thread.

One comment was a bit rude, that’s it.

The word “toxic” is so overused it almost has no meaning anymore.

i think that was ironic, because hints of critique could be found :O idk

just saw the edit nvm

vor 15 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Unstar:

I've definitely wanted this for years.  I do not mind clicking the sprint toggle at the beginning of a mission; that's fine.  What I do mind is that the game doesn't remember that I pressed the sprint toggle and turns off sprint (without informing me) when various actions are performed.  Sometimes I wonder why I'm going so slow, and I press the sprint toggle and start sprinting; it turns out I wasn't sprinting!  Sometimes I wonder why I'm going so slow, and I press the sprint toggle, and I start moving even slower because it's due to status or gravity wells or something else.

Just let me move fast in the game that's about moving fast, don't make this a puzzle I need to solve.

Now, that said, I appreciate that this may be easier said than done.  For example, Ivara's Prowl poses a difficult problem, since it breaks if you sprint.  There's honestly no easy answer to this; I've given this a lot of thought and I honestly think that if DE was going to make this change, they would have to revamp Prowl to prevent sprinting entirely.  And that's not a trivial change, that would affect how people who are accustomed to playing Ivara play her.  And there may be other similar situations as well that need to be solved.  Heck, the ultimate solution might be that they need to remove walking from the game entirely.

So I understand why we don't have it yet, but I really really hope that DE can implement this someday.

this is exactly what im talking about :( it bothers us just because we play for long enough to notice
it always feels like a random debuff, i start looking for arctic eximus because there are just no hints beside a slightly crooked back ._. (eximus aura's are just another whole can of worms to open)
and stuff like prowl, archwing, operator mode...switch off while one of these things happen?! i understand that to us users, it always seems easiert done that it is, but cmon DE implemented sea of thiefs, a streetfighter console, a ton of new warframes that play different and have different mobility abilities and a nemesis system in WF... it seems to me ppl forgot that DE often does riskier changes, just to hotfix 2-5 times the first day and one or two times the following days ._. it was always like that and i think that is something good
i remember steve talking about better wallruning (i think more than just up-left-right) a long time ago, but if sprinting already is such an issue, i dont see how that is realistic ._. maybe there is a reason why that didn't come up for such a long time

18 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Your feet have to hit the ground to bullet jump...

Nope, you need to wall jump to reset it. If you do a wall jump, wall latch or any kind of wall interaction, bullet jump and double jump gets reseted and can be performed again.

Basic conclave movement technique, but rarely seen outside of it :P

21 hours ago, Muzure said:

Title
after playing for way to long, this is just one of the micro things that can turn someone toxic after the 100.000th time sprint mode gets turned of for random reasons like using danse macabre, sol gate or holding tailwind, vial rush, deactivating prowl, of course sandstorm, undertow, awgis storm, pulverize,  starting a mission and other reasons i cant think of that are not abilities
nothing huge or important. ik some of you will laught at how minor this is..... 
also this would one extra button that serves no real purose right now and can be mapped for something more usefull

Please 

1 hour ago, KittySkin said:

Nope, you need to wall jump to reset it. If you do a wall jump, wall latch or any kind of wall interaction, bullet jump and double jump gets reseted and can be performed again.

Basic conclave movement technique, but rarely seen outside of it :P

Touching any surface will reset it, it's what I do.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

At certain speeds running is faster. Don't know what the tipping point is. But 1.5 feels faster than bullet jumping.

What is that with a speed frame, bullet jumping will always out pace a normal warframe without sprint mods.

3 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

No, bullet jumping has a fixed speed no?

Ah my bad your talking only bullet jumping by itself, when I think bullet jumping it involves rolls and sprint crouches in the air to go really high speed.

12 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Ah my bad your talking only bullet jumping by itself, when I think bullet jumping it involves rolls and sprint crouches in the air to go really high speed.

Honestly just sliding and rolling keeps the momentum going better. Once I bullet jump I slow down and lose my flow, I only bullet jump when I need to go vertical and even then I resort to double jumping first since that doesn't stop your momentum.

12 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Honestly just sliding and rolling keeps the momentum going better. Once I bullet jump I slow down and lose my flow, I only bullet jump when I need to go vertical and even then I resort to double jumping first since that doesn't stop your momentum.

Ye ye, Roll n slide is faster than bullet jumping all the time

24 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Ah yea, but honestly my speedy Loki is much faster just running and rolling rather than bullet jumping and rolling. Bullet jumping will slow you down if your running speed is high enough. The fixed speed of bullet jump is beneficial for slow frames or when you use a hobbled dragon key. 

Honestly thinking now I think rolling is also fixed speed, but tapping the button gives you a slight boost instead of rolling. Hm.

3 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Ah yea, but honestly my speedy Loki is much faster just running and rolling rather than bullet jumping and rolling. Bullet jumping will slow you down if your running speed is high enough. The fixed speed of bullet jump is beneficial for slow frames or when you use a hobbled dragon key. 

Honestly thinking now I think rolling is also fixed speed, but tapping the button gives you a slight boost instead of rolling. Hm.

Yes it does, tapping sprint key while in a roll will make you go faster. 

I bullet jump roll in the air hit sprint key go into a slide roll hit sprint and rinse and repeat, I think in that order, haha it's just muscle memory now so it may be wrong.

16 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Yes it does, tapping sprint key while in a roll will make you go faster. 

I bullet jump roll in the air hit sprint key go into a slide roll hit sprint and rinse and repeat, I think in that order, haha it's just muscle memory now so it may be wrong.

Should test it vs just running and boost rolling. In my experience it's much faster than bullet jumping and rolling. Some of my speedy frames are so fast that it doesn't even matter anymore if I roll. I go fast enough. It required a bit of getting used to though.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

There’s Arcane Consequence and mods for parkour velocity.

Hm I keep forgetting those, but I think this also depends on the base speed of the frame in terms of difference in effectiveness. A fast frame benefits more from Rush than parkour velocity mods.

30 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Hm I keep forgetting those, but I think this also depends on the base speed of the frame in terms of difference in effectiveness. A fast frame benefits more from Rush than parkour velocity mods.

True, but you can use both Rush and Arcane Consequence if you want to be extra speedy. And I just find increased parkour velocity to be very fun.

I run Consequence (along with Energize) on most of my builds just because it’s so fun. Only time I switch it out is when I’m doing a longer mission or something higher level where I might need Guardian or Grace.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

True, but you can use both Rush and Arcane Consequence if you want to be extra speedy. And I just find increased parkour velocity to be very fun.

I run Consequence (along with Energize) on most of my builds just because it’s so fun. Only time I switch it out is when I’m doing a longer mission or something higher level where I might need Guardian or Grace.

Hah I can imagine. I should give it a whirl sometimes. Thanks for the suggestion.

7 hours ago, Muzure said:

... ik it sounds highly complicated, but at this point you are just giving up at the first hindrance no matter how low it is ._.

First off, I find it disingenuous that you are framing me saying "it's not a simple fix" as "giving up at the first hindrance".  A little good faith would go a long way here, especially when I'm advocating for what you want.

Second, it's not as simple as simple as...

7 hours ago, Muzure said:

auto-sprint on 
-> activate prowl
auto-sprint of
-> deactivate prowl
auto-sprint on

...for numerous reasons.  First, you just added an entirely new system to the game, where the game remembers that you want to be sprinting even when you are doing an action that is not sprinting.  If this sounds simple to you, then I'm guessing you have probably never coded a game like this before, because this represents a significant amount of work.  Second, there are people who who are accustomed to deactivating Prowl by sprinting, and this complicates that, because now you have a button that is controlling auto-sprint status that inconsistently controls how it toggles that status based on context.

To be clear, I'm necessarily saying this is a bad fix, but it has pros and cons that would need to be explored and have the potential to cause new difficulties for users, as well as the fact that implementing it represents a significant investment of labor.

And again, these are changes that I want to see.  But I think it's healthy for us to not fool ourselves into thinking this is an easy fix, because it's not.

Ivara would be a non-issue if you could use the option per Warframe like you do for switching between hold and short press for WF abilities.

And please, this is one of the major issues for me. The inconsistence of the game makes this a nightmare. For Lavos 2 for example you need to re-toggle sprint whereas for Nezhas 1 you don't. Then you constantly end up going slow on Lavos and slowing down Nezha. And I agree, this is not an issue if you are MR10, but if you have thousands of hours in the game, this is a major, major annoyance, because you are constantly fumbling with your sprint.

En 2/6/2021 a las 14:52, Muzure dijo:

Title
after playing for way to long, this is just one of the micro things that can turn someone toxic after the 100.000th time sprint mode gets turned of for random reasons like using danse macabre, sol gate or holding tailwind, vial rush, deactivating prowl, of course sandstorm, undertow, awgis storm, pulverize,  starting a mission and other reasons i cant think of that are not abilities
nothing huge or important. ik some of you will laught at how minor this is..... 
also this would one extra button that serves no real purose right now and can be mapped for something more usefull

I’m embarrassed to confess that I have learned about this the past week.

i,m 23 mastery...

this game have a worst help.

• 3 weeks later...
En 2/6/2021 a las 10:53, Muzure dijo:

yea, im sorry
this problem doesn't affect you, yet
once you play for a little longer than 50h, maybe you will know what i mean
ofc wf is already a perfect game is you are a casual, which is totally ok
but pls don't get involved in other ppl's issues if you don't want to be constructive
seeing all those answears, and how often such threads has been posted, just shows that maybe that IS a valid issue

Hold up, did you seriously just try to dismiss my opinion by calling me a casual?

On 2021-06-02 at 8:06 AM, LockingSoul said:

No. just press the darn button again, instead of wanting to change the game, try adapting your muscle memory to it.

Less of this, please. 

In a game this repetitive, even something that seems inconsequential can build up over time.  I'd love the change that the OP is suggesting, and have asked for it myself over the years.

First, upfront:  No one cares what I think.

I don't want Always On sprinting.  I prefer to have things as they are, where I can move faster if I need to and can take time to aim.  Plus, I do not like how "sprint by default" would interact with Volt Speed and the Zephyr Turbulence augment, both of which are vomit inducing for me.  (I replaced Speed on Volt immediately when the Helminth system came in, and in the few cases where I'm teaming I'll quit almost immediately if there's a Volt spamming Speed.)

Let's be clear though - my opinion means nothing.  There is less than zero chance that the devs care or have any intention of acting because I do/don't like something.  Other players only care if it means they can get angry at me because they disagree.  (So, go nuts.)  If (DE)Steve follows through and gets rid of Walk, then I'll probably just quietly quit.  Because if the change makes it live, it's already way past the point where my useless feedback would change anything.

Archived