Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea - Option for sprint by default

Am 24.6.2021 um 15:59 schrieb sunderthefirmament:

Less of this, please. 

In a game this repetitive, even something that seems inconsequential can build up over time.  I'd love the change that the OP is suggesting, and have asked for it myself over the years.

you are not the only one. I have too. and it was probably ignored.
and it is also about other senseless actions like changing weapons from primary to secondary, routing certain skills like with wisp and much more.
and I don't even want to know where to walk like a grandpa.

On 2021-06-25 at 11:06 AM, EmberStar said:

First, upfront:  No one cares what I think.

I don't want Always On sprinting.  I prefer to have things as they are, where I can move faster if I need to and can take time to aim. 

I just want a sprint toggle that actually works.  Ideally it would carry over between missions, zones, and logins.  And it would automatically reactivate even when using an ability that alters my movement (Lavos 2, Ivara 3, Wisp 4, Hildryn 4, Hydroid 3, etc.).

On 2021-06-02 at 6:00 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

For example, Ivara's Prowl poses a difficult problem, since it breaks if you sprint.  There's honestly no easy answer to this; I've given this a lot of thought and I honestly think that if DE was going to make this change, they would have to revamp Prowl to prevent sprinting entirely.  And that's not a trivial change, that would affect how people who are accustomed to playing Ivara play her.

I play Ivara quite often and my proposal would be:
1. remove walking from the game - if someone needs to walk slowly - crouch exists
2. Prowl Invisibility does not cripple anything (it already drains energy constantly and for some weird reason drains more energy on melee spam and damage received)
3. However Pickpocket and Headshot damage bonus should work only when sitting, crouching and on a dash wire (or maybe also aim-gliding for headshot damage) - sounds fair?

On 2021-06-02 at 4:41 PM, Traumtulpe said:

This is only the 879th forum post about that particular issue, I'm sure if we keep it up for 8 more years DE will listen to us.

I really want DE to start a dialog with player base. I would also like players to be able to comunicate and raise the biggest issues that absolute most of players agree on and force them for DE to stop ignoring. Why are there no polls on this forum, btw?

On 2021-06-02 at 11:50 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

I recollect Steve mentioning it's one of the plans to remove sprint toggle and keep it always on. But this was more than a year ago , so they probably forgot.

Makes sense to me. When would you *not* want to sprint?

Archived