Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What does radiation do to eidolons?

(XBOX)Tr8ter83

Question

Ive been able to solo Teralsyts for a while but not Gantulysts so while looking for guides i was looking at their builds i noticed they all have radiation so i threw radiation on my arquebex and was like okay ill leave that on but i never know what it does so can someone help me with this cause idk

12 answers to this question

For a player that has managed to solo an eidolon, I'm surprised that you have to ask...

Everything in warframe are weak to something, ex: corpus shields are weak to magnetic, grinner ferrite armor vs corrosive, etc. Eidolons are simply weak to radiation.

13 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

+75% Damage.

You can further increase the damage with a Gunblade and Shattering Impact to reduce Armor

It has to be the Sarpa specifically. Redeemer wont do it.

Stropha might? But I haven't checked 

On 2021-06-02 at 10:50 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:
On 2021-06-02 at 10:45 AM, (XBOX)Tr8ter83 said:

What does Radiation do to Eidolons?

+75% Damage.

You can further increase the damage with a Gunblade and Shattering Impact to reduce Armo

Radiation damage when hitting alloy Armor does two things. 

Let's use the example of you have 1000 radiation damage. 

1) Your damage is increased by 75%. This results in 1750 damage. 

2) Because it matches the armor type, that amount of matxhing armor damage will ignore the corresponding percent of the enemy Armor. In the case of radiation and alloy Armor, there is a 75% positive increase. This results in 75% of alloy armor being flat out ignored for the calculation of how much radiation damage goes through. 

Another example would be Puncture damage. It gets a +25% increase to alloy and ferrite Armor. This means your Puncture damage stat is increased by 25% AND ignores 25% Armor. 

In conclusion, matching damage type for Armor is a double whammy. This is also why it's not a great idea to Shred 100% Armor. If you Shred 95% Armor, they are left with 5%. This means you get a 75% Damage bonus STILL while they have only 1.25% Armor. That's a HUGE bonus with essentially no mitigation (unless the enemies are in the thousands). Without any Armor in any amount, that bonus is lost. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Radiation damage when hitting alloy Armor does two things. 

Let's use the example of you have 1000 radiation damage. 

1) Your damage is increased by 75%. This results in 1750 damage. 

2) Because it matches the armor type, that amount of matxhing armor damage will ignore the corresponding percent of the enemy Armor. In the case of radiation and alloy Armor, there is a 75% positive increase. This results in 75% of alloy armor being flat out ignored for the calculation of how much radiation damage goes through. 

Another example would be Puncture damage. It gets a +25% increase to alloy and ferrite Armor. This means your Puncture damage stat is increased by 25% AND ignores 25% Armor. 

In conclusion, matching damage type for Armor is a double whammy. This is also why it's not a great idea to Shred 100% Armor. If you Shred 95% Armor, they are left with 5%. This means you get a 75% Damage bonus STILL while they have only 1.25% Armor. That's a HUGE bonus with essentially no mitigation (unless the enemies are in the thousands). Without any Armor in any amount, that bonus is lost. 

Small typo, but Puncture has a 50% bonus against Ferrite.

Puncture is a bit better than what people think, but it's essentially a gimped version of Corrosive. 

Also, against Eidolons, Radiation actually has a triple whammy as they have Robotic Health with the Alloy armor. Unlike Shields, armor doesn't cover health, it provides mitigation so health bonuses still apply even if armor is there.

Do note that the 75% bonus logic only applies to Eidolons as they have really low Base Armor compared to Grineer.

1-1/1.75= 0.428 or 42.8% Damage Reduction is enough to break even with a 1.75x multiplier which is provided by a mere 225 Net armor.

Corrosive which ignores 75% of Ferrite armor (Net 25%) and strips another 80% (Net 5%) at max stacks with a 1.75x multiplier breaks even with 100% armor strip and no bonus at 4500 initial armor which is what Heavy Gunners sport as low as level 74. At higher armor levels, the old Corrosive was better.

5 hours ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Small typo, but Puncture has a 50% bonus against Ferrite.

Ah. My bad. Appreciate the correction. 

5 hours ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Unlike Shields, armor doesn't cover health, it provides mitigation so health bonuses still apply even if armor is there.

This, among other factors, is why shields are actually harder to deal with than Armor at higher levels. People laugh at me when I say shields are actually a way bigger issue than Armor and that Corpus are harder to kill than Grineer. They call me an idiot. XD

On 2021-06-02 at 7:50 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

+75% Damage.

Don't forget that it also ignores 75% of their armor on top of the 75% bonus (i.e. treats 1200 armor as 300, THEN adds 75% bonus damage on top of that)

2 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

This, among other factors, is why shields are actually harder to deal with than Armor at higher levels. People laugh at me when I say shields are actually a way bigger issue than Armor and that Corpus are harder to kill than Grineer. They call me an idiot. XD

I mean in their defense, you need to be like lvl300 Steel Path before that happens, AND not be using Toxin damage to just ignore the shields

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Don't forget that it also ignores 75% of their armor on top of the 75% bonus (i.e. treats 1200 armor as 300, THEN adds 75% bonus damage on top of that)

We covered that already. 

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

I mean in their defense, you need to be like lvl300 Steel Path before that happens, AND not be using Toxin damage to just ignore the shields

I always preface with it being late game enemies. My main point is in regard to index enemies. 

Archived