Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you hunt specific Kuva weapon e.g. Kuva tonkor

quxier

Question

I want spawn Lich with Tonkor. I'm running Cassini, kill the Larving, check weapons and if it's not weapon I want I abort the mission. This process is freaking stupid as I cannot even level my weapons/frames as it's low level and I abort it. I'm spending hours on Lottery.

Am I doing something wrong?

15 answers to this question

No, that's what's intended currently afaik. There's only ~16 kuva weapons to my knowledge so the chances aren't that bad, just keep trying. Cassini is a very quick mission, you should be able to check a larvling every 3 minutes or so, so I'd recommend just putting on some music or a video and grinding it out until you get one with the Tonkor. Either that or broaden your desired weapons a bit more and then pick what you get first, many of them are good.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)DiligentDiamond said:

Remember though with valance transfer your gonna need 3-5 weapons of each to max out the +60 element dmg anyway so farming extras of weapons is fine.

Doubt that gonna help op much, seem to be the kind of player that value efficiency over playing the game

I tend to go for Plato (Lua exterminate). It's a bit slower, but you have a chance to pick up some built forma and drift mods while you're at it.

I usually try to avoid looking for just one of the weapons - I pick the 5 that I have with the lowest % bonus (yes, I do have a table for it!) and decide to accept any one of them - this gives me around 1/3 chance of rolling one I'm willing to take on any given attempt.

When I needed a specific weapon (had only 1 left for mastery), I remember it being rather painful RNG-wise. But there isn't much you can do about that - just have a decent movie running on a different screen.

One time I did like I think 39 runs because I was trying to get one of either of two weapons I currently wanted... just to get one of them to appear. In the meantime I found all the other ones at least once lol.

Sometimes rng can just be cruel, but there is no better method. Run a really short mission, abort if not the right weapon, rinse, repeat. 

3 hours ago, Xenotater said:

her that or broaden your desired weapons a bit more and then pick what you get first, many of them are good.

3 hours ago, (PSN)DiligentDiamond said:

Remember though with valance transfer your gonna need 3-5 weapons of each to max out the +60 element dmg anyway so farming extras of weapons is fine.

I got few weapons that have low elements but they are just 2. Rest weapons are strong but meh, very boring. And I don't feel like maxing to 60% ~50% something would be fine - I won't farm those weapons that I have above 50.

3 hours ago, smashedwookie said:

Doubt that gonna help op much, seem to be the kind of player that value efficiency over playing the game

I got 7 days boosters and I want to farm some endo. Game gets boring in lasts updates (RJ/Mechs) so I'm just getting some endo/credits and maybe few missing stuffs. I don't mind still playing this game but few hours and I don't get anything. If I don't get stuffs I would prefer playing few games that I've recently bought that seems much better in certain aspects.

3 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

I tend to go for Plato (Lua exterminate). It's a bit slower, but you have a chance to pick up some built forma and drift mods while you're at it.

I'll try it as Forma seems to be useful.

32 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

Welcome to Warframe. This truly is the whole game, nothing more and nothing else.

With this "lottery" I get nothing, not even resources. With other lotteries in WF I would get some stuffs.

That's why I was afraid I've been doing something very wrong.

14 hours ago, quxier said:

if it's not weapon I want I abort the mission.

Found your problem right there, buddy.

Warframe is notorious for never dropping things that players want. So the best method to look for specific items is to not look for it.

Many veterans will advise putting what you want as "daily routine", a.k.a you do it once or twice a day, then pursue other stuff. One day you'll eventually get it. Albeit longer, this is way healthier, less frustrating, and won't burn you out.

My personal suggestion is to do multiple stuff at once. There's gotta be something else you can use on cassini, orokin cells, perhaps? Or maybe plastids? Level up your gear? Syndicate standings? Plants for aphotics? Probably some kuva that larvings drops? So even if you didn't get the weapon you want, just finish the mission anyway and you're still progressing, not just abandon it and totally waste your time.

Warframe is just that kinda game where we're forced to take our time and enjoy the ride. Players who want to rush stuff will find a lot of things in warframe to be very frustrating, from foundry's build times, prolonged mechanics, to its abysmal drop rates.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

Found your problem right there, buddy.

Warframe is notorious for never dropping things that players want. So the best method to look for specific items is to not look for it.

Many veterans will advise putting what you want as "daily routine", a.k.a you do it once or twice a day, then pursue other stuff. One day you'll eventually get it. Albeit longer, this is way healthier, less frustrating, and won't burn you out.

My personal suggestion is to do multiple stuff at once. There's gotta be something else you can use on cassini, orokin cells, perhaps? Or maybe plastids? Level up your gear? Syndicate standings? Plants for aphotics? So even if you didn't get the kuva weapon you want, you're still progressing in a way, It's not just a waste of time. 

Warframe is just that kinda game where we're forced to take our time and enjoy the ride. Players who want to rush stuff will find a lot of things in warframe to be very frustrating, from the build times to abysmal drop rates.

This

You're going to want All the kuva weapons for MR eventually

so instead of constantly aborting and getting frustrated

just take whatever you don't already have; and even some you already do have, so you can Fuse them and increase the damage bonus.

That'll delay your frustration till much later - when you have all but one kuva weapon fused to 60% bonus and that last kraken just won't drop.... but hey; there's Lich Trading for that

5 hours ago, quxier said:

With this "lottery" I get nothing, not even resources. With other lotteries in WF I would get some stuffs.

That's why I was afraid I've been doing something very wrong.

False: you get to keep time you'd otherwise waste finishing a useless mission for pittance rewards and 100 or so kuva from the spawned larvaling. And like all WF's greatest farms (see, e.g. old 'focus farm then abort' intrinsics farm), saving time is the best reward.

Archived