Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Prime: Hotfix 30.3.4

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, Accidential_Poisoner_2 said:

Nakak beach trade rates are still god awful. It's really not worth the time it takes to get everything. The game mode gets stale real quick, about four mission is tolerable lol.

So don't buy it.

I'm not saying this in an elitist manner.  I'm saying this as a practical player.  This is the second return, or third time, this event went off.  The first time was bad.  People discovered that performance wasn't rewarded, so they found camping spots to wait out the timers (where the AI broke down).  They found the prices utterly nuts.  All of this was then in service to a game mode with absolutely no content worth grinding for....because floofs.

Round 2 introduced "price reductions" no longer highlighted in round 3.  It otherwise was a repeat of the slightly better ending version of round 1.  So....just frustrating.

Round 3 is charging 300+ pearls for a floof.  It's charging 700 pearls for the captura scene.  It's got all of the rathuum mod rewards....which most people had given the need to grind Sedna.  The only new thing is an ephemera....that's a stripped down version of the tool toy everyone wears for the game mode.  The high cost "new" thing is a weapon skin...that literally has been asked for since the beginning.  It's 490 pearls....or way to much to bother with for a novelty skin that in-game will be another bizarro meme before too long.  

I say all of this to highlight my perspective here.  I have the content, none of the floofs, and about 200 pearls.  I need another 300 to get the rifle skin, then I'm done.  I have none of the floofs, and playing this game mode doesn't make me desire them.  Do the same.  If we don't participate in large numbers DE has to either acknowledge it next year, or actively deny reality.  Either way, it'll highlight what DE will put out in the future.

On 2021-06-08 at 1:19 PM, master_of_destiny said:

So don't buy it.

I'm not saying this in an elitist manner.  I'm saying this as a practical player.  This is the second return, or third time, this event went off.  The first time was bad.  People discovered that performance wasn't rewarded, so they found camping spots to wait out the timers (where the AI broke down).  They found the prices utterly nuts.  All of this was then in service to a game mode with absolutely no content worth grinding for....because floofs.

Round 2 introduced "price reductions" no longer highlighted in round 3.  It otherwise was a repeat of the slightly better ending version of round 1.  So....just frustrating.

Round 3 is charging 300+ pearls for a floof.  It's charging 700 pearls for the captura scene.  It's got all of the rathuum mod rewards....which most people had given the need to grind Sedna.  The only new thing is an ephemera....that's a stripped down version of the tool toy everyone wears for the game mode.  The high cost "new" thing is a weapon skin...that literally has been asked for since the beginning.  It's 490 pearls....or way to much to bother with for a novelty skin that in-game will be another bizarro meme before too long.  

I say all of this to highlight my perspective here.  I have the content, none of the floofs, and about 200 pearls.  I need another 300 to get the rifle skin, then I'm done.  I have none of the floofs, and playing this game mode doesn't make me desire them.  Do the same.  If we don't participate in large numbers DE has to either acknowledge it next year, or actively deny reality.  Either way, it'll highlight what DE will put out in the future.

Something you don't like doing, you think noone should do? There are many kinds of players, a lot of them do not bother thinking about rewards, they just want to soak as many mobs as possible. The game is a shooter, right? Then shoot, or don't. You're not even obligated to participate. 

I myself have done all the alerts, and that's about it. Should go for a scene, and i'm done. Floofs, as weell as gun skin, have imo wrong artstyle compared to the rest of the game. But, hey, if that's someone's thing, let him have it. Nothing is mandatory in Warframe, after all. It's 90% personal choice what players do.

4 hours ago, mrgudveseli said:

Something you don't like doing, you think noone should do? There are many kinds of players, a lot of them do not bother thinking about rewards, they just want to soak as many mobs as possible. The game is a shooter, right? Then shoot, or don't. You're not even obligated to participate. 

I myself have done all the alerts, and that's about it. Should go for a scene, and i'm done. Floofs, as weell as gun skin, have imo wrong artstyle compared to the rest of the game. But, hey, if that's someone's thing, let him have it. Nothing is mandatory in Warframe, after all. It's 90% personal choice what players do.

I can't tell if you're trolling, dense, or just want to pick a fight.  No matter the solution, you've managed to miss out on the point.  The quoted post says that the trade economy sucks and that just getting the alerts done is basically all that is tolerable.

My response back is that if the trade rates suck and the game mode is bad don't engage.  In the case of the former, we already know that DE can give us a decrease in the cost of things...because they did during round two.  The player feedback was that the costs were too high, so they provided a decrease.  In the case of the later, a lack of participation has shaped many things for this game.  Case in point, when was the last time that our nightwave had any "clear a kuva lich node" dailies?  When was the last time that we were required to use navigation beacons that prosecutors dropped to combine them into a locator, so that we could fight Vay Hek on Earth?  Yes, that was a thing.  When, and I'll stop beating this dead horse after this example, was the cost of mutalist alad V navigation coordinates decreased by 67% (rounded) because new players were having trouble getting enough of them to grind out a bunch of mesa parts?  Yes, 3 beacons to 1 is a 66.67% decrease....so for the same six beacons you'd need before (a 33% drop rate with 6 runs means about 91% of people get the drop) you'd only need 6 nav coordinates rather than 18.

If it's not apparent, I've also stated my situation as a basis.  I hate this game mode....because forcing us to play a game mode for five minute blocks with a reward rate that effectively encourages kill stealing, isn't really a game mode that makes me want to come back.  By not spending a single pearl on things that aren't tied to other game modes, I'm stating that this game mode is only viable in so far as it can positively influence other modes.  This stands in stark contract to something like Plague Star where I happily continued to grind to earn rewards.  It stands in contrast to Scarlet Spear, where I did enough grinding to get the rewards so that I didn't have to go back and grind the Eidolons.  This is a game mode where I 100% control what rewards I get, and despite this I don't engage.  This is the only way to communicate back to DE....because if we just put up a post it doesn't matter.  It hasn't mattered for a long time, and the sooner we can understand that, the sooner we can start doing the right thing to get things fixed.

On 2021-06-10 at 12:25 PM, master_of_destiny said:

I can't tell if you're trolling, dense, or just want to pick a fight.  No matter the solution, you've managed to miss out on the point.  The quoted post says that the trade economy sucks and that just getting the alerts done is basically all that is tolerable.

My response back is that if the trade rates suck and the game mode is bad don't engage.  In the case of the former, we already know that DE can give us a decrease in the cost of things...because they did during round two.  The player feedback was that the costs were too high, so they provided a decrease.  In the case of the later, a lack of participation has shaped many things for this game.  Case in point, when was the last time that our nightwave had any "clear a kuva lich node" dailies?  When was the last time that we were required to use navigation beacons that prosecutors dropped to combine them into a locator, so that we could fight Vay Hek on Earth?  Yes, that was a thing.  When, and I'll stop beating this dead horse after this example, was the cost of mutalist alad V navigation coordinates decreased by 67% (rounded) because new players were having trouble getting enough of them to grind out a bunch of mesa parts?  Yes, 3 beacons to 1 is a 66.67% decrease....so for the same six beacons you'd need before (a 33% drop rate with 6 runs means about 91% of people get the drop) you'd only need 6 nav coordinates rather than 18.

If it's not apparent, I've also stated my situation as a basis.  I hate this game mode....because forcing us to play a game mode for five minute blocks with a reward rate that effectively encourages kill stealing, isn't really a game mode that makes me want to come back.  By not spending a single pearl on things that aren't tied to other game modes, I'm stating that this game mode is only viable in so far as it can positively influence other modes.  This stands in stark contract to something like Plague Star where I happily continued to grind to earn rewards.  It stands in contrast to Scarlet Spear, where I did enough grinding to get the rewards so that I didn't have to go back and grind the Eidolons.  This is a game mode where I 100% control what rewards I get, and despite this I don't engage.  This is the only way to communicate back to DE....because if we just put up a post it doesn't matter.  It hasn't mattered for a long time, and the sooner we can understand that, the sooner we can start doing the right thing to get things fixed.

Well, i guess i'm too, hmmm, dense to understand how can two different things compare to each other: farming actual warframe, and farming some seasoned cosmetics. One of those two is imo more important than the other, while other is not at all mandatory, just a matter of personal preferrence, even in its current state someone may like it doing. You don't like it, i don't like it, but Mike and Henry may like it, so in my book, let em have fun. There are so many things to do, if nothing catches your attention, Warframe isn't the only game. It's perfectly OK to take a break, but it's not OK to ask the devs to catter one entire and totally optional game mode to one specific group of players you belong to.

I'm not "picking a fight" (loool), i'm asking you to take into account other people who may find this event a bit more enjoyable. Are you sure any changes made wouldn't kill that for them?

One more quick question: i've clearly stated that nothing is a must do in Warframe, yet you said that you're forced to play. Who's forcing you?

5 hours ago, mrgudveseli said:

Well, i guess i'm too, hmmm, dense to understand how can two different things compare to each other: farming actual warframe, and farming some seasoned cosmetics. One of those two is imo more important than the other, while other is not at all mandatory, just a matter of personal preferrence, even in its current state someone may like it doing. You don't like it, i don't like it, but Mike and Henry may like it, so in my book, let em have fun. There are so many things to do, if nothing catches your attention, Warframe isn't the only game. It's perfectly OK to take a break, but it's not OK to ask the devs to catter one entire and totally optional game mode to one specific group of players you belong to.

I'm not "picking a fight" (loool), i'm asking you to take into account other people who may find this event a bit more enjoyable. Are you sure any changes made wouldn't kill that for them?

One more quick question: i've clearly stated that nothing is a must do in Warframe, yet you said that you're forced to play. Who's forcing you?

You managed to make me question my response....until the second sentence.

Stop.  Think.  Understand.  Synthesize.  

The post being quoted says that things suck.  

The response back falls into one of two categories, and then one of several branches.  Lets assume for a moment that you actually read my response and the original...and we come to you being too dense to understand the line of reasoning and logic following through.  So....I guess I have my answer.

Now, about those other lines of reasoning.  Let me fill you in.

I disagree (the event rewards can be changed to make it good, I enjoy the gameplay, I enjoy the rewards).

I agree (here's how to fix it, I empathize, DE sucks, whatever else DE deems trolly and from entitled players).

My response is from the later camp, option one.  If you don't engage, DE doesn't get new play time.  If they don't, they either have to admit that the game mode is a bust or justify its failures.  For this particular game mode round 1 was an utter s*** show of grinding.  Round 2 acknowledged that prices were too high.  Round 3 has more AI patches to try and prevent people from waiting out a five minute timer...but that's about it.  Oh.....never mind.  They added a rifle skin....that only applies to projectile shooting rifles.  Yeah....that's like getting a shotgun skin that only applies to beam based weapons (and all....0....current Phage players rejoice).

I'm happy that you like the game mode.  Good for you, play to your heart's content.  The discussion was that the economy sucks.  I. DO. NOT. CARE. ABOUT. ANYTHING. ELSE.  Trying to drag this into a discussion about a game mode is pretty much not understanding a conversation, inserting yourself in, then being angry when people refuse to bend the knee to your diversion.  I'd call it bad form, but at this point I just can't be bothered.  Sometimes the easiest thing to do with a brick wall is to not try and force it to understand, but simply ignore it.

As an aside, let me address an asinine point made by idiots.  Let me follow the logic through.  You are not forced to breathe.  You are not forced to eat.  Stop doing both.  The repercussion is death.  The universe will happily continue chugging along without you.  I choose to play a game.  I choose to do the dog days event because it includes items that influence other game modes.  Nihilism sucks, but every time you suggest an idiotic argument like "nobody is holding a gun to your head" I have to question how little you value yourself.  Please stop making this argument.  Every single time the level of cringe I react with seems to get worse....because it's a ten year old's argument.  It's asking "why" ten times.  It shows no desire to truly understand, and only values the nihilism of nothingness.  I'd argue further on the topic, but I've already given it too much credence. 

Here are some other things I don't have to do:

Go to work - I have no money

Pay taxes - I get acquainted with a jail cell

Resurface for a breathe after being submerged - I believe the term asphyxiation is the best use here

Bathe - Oh boy....the joke here is I become a convention goer, but the realistic one is to deny any normal human interaction

Take vaccinations to diseases - If you look up measles, mumps, rubella, and a variety of horrible things you can see some disturbing crap that was "normal" in the past....yeesh...

Nihilism makes you suck.  It forces regularly happy people around you to not be.  It also leads nowhere, because the central conceit is that nothing matters.  Most of us move away from it when we become adults, and it's just "those mopey teens" that are what they are.  If you value yourself so little, then maybe seek out some professional help.  I don't know who you are, but when nothing matters it's generally a sign that you need some help...and there's no shame in asking for it.

-This is not an ad hominem attack.  If you genuinely see no value in your time, doing things to make you happy, please seek help.  If taking that happiness away is not a problem, then you have one.  I've known a few friends who could have used that advice.-

Last bit, a fight is not a bad thing.  It's two people disagreeing, trying to reconcile that disagreement.  Worst case scenario, both parties understand more about the opposite perspective.  The absolute worst is that one side adds nothing new to the table, and drags the discussion away from the point.  Best case scenario, both parties find either common ground or new reinforcement for their perspective.

So we are clear...this is if you have an argument.  "My opinion is" is not an argument.  It is an inability to articulate an argument.  I like Dog Days because it's a unique....ish...game mode and a limited event is an argument.  If the economy sucks, don't engage with it so DE is forced to evaluate player participation is an argument.  "Some people like it" is not an argument.  It's the opposite of some people hate it....which is true about virtually everything.

Archived