Gara QoL changes

PhoenixElite

Gara is a really clunky warframe to use IMO, because of the several layers of tedium she has. Here are several QoL changes that I think she could really use and benefit from.

1. Just let her refresh her 2 simply by hold-pressing it. Having to cast her 4 to refresh it is energy-hungry and very flow-breaking because of it's long cast time, movement locking, and having to turn off the expansion instead of waiting out however much duration it has.

2. You can cast her 2 on multiple things, HOWEVER, the countdown only shows it for the last one you cast, there should be a timer as part of the bottom-right UI element that represents the duration left on it from the one cast on yourself.

3. Gara's 1's hold mechanic has questionable verticality to it, much like Lavos' 4 used to have.

4. Turn Gara's 1's hold into a one-handed ability so it doesn't prevent movement.

5. Currently, mass vitrify only adds damage to your Splinter Storm if you cast your 1 on the OUTSIDE, why? Please let it work regardless of being inside or outside

• Like 10

On 2021-06-02 at 8:33 PM, PhoenixElite said:

2. You can cast her 2 on multiple things, HOWEVER, the countdown only shows it for the last one you cast, there should be a timer as part of the bottom-right UI element that represents the duration left on it from the one cast on yourself.

This is already a thing. Splinter Storm has a timer in the buffs section that displays the timer for your Splinter Storm.

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

This is already a thing. Splinter Storm has a timer in the buffs section that displays the timer for your Splinter Storm.

Well that's potentially VERY hard to see and discern due to the myriad amounts of buffs that exist, or even just playing with an Octavia that gives like 8 different icons, made worse when certain ones duration expires and so it shifts the buffs around.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Am 3.6.2021 um 02:33 schrieb PhoenixElite:

Gara is a really clunky warframe to use IMO, because of the several layers of tedium she has. Here are several QoL changes that I think she could really use and benefit from.

1. Just let her refresh her 2 simply by hold-pressing it. Having to cast her 4 to refresh it is energy-hungry and very flow-breaking because of it's long cast time, movement locking, and having to turn off the expansion instead of waiting out however much duration it has.

3. Gara's 1's hold mechanic has questionable verticality to it, much like Lavos' 4 used to have.

4. Turn Gara's 1's hold into a one-handed ability so it doesn't prevent movement.

5. Currently, mass vitrify only adds damage to your Splinter Storm if you cast your 1 on the OUTSIDE, why? Please let it work regardless of being inside or outside

1) just refreshing the 1 isnt really helpful while the fourth ability refreshs, adds more dmg and is stoppable while the cast is active....see no problem in speedcasting a little barrier that slashprocs enemys with 100k+

2) fully agree, seperate timer would be great

3) hmmm I mainly use this one for bringing slash procs on my 4) but cant say Ive ever had problems with the hitbox... :(

4) though nearly everything around gara is in glass why u need to move ;P

5)I think it would be too OP if the ae would dmg all (inside and outside)...but would be a lot of fun i thnk...even more power :)

in the end i have to say, gara is my favorite frame since its implementation but poorly its too boring to make longruns or other thinks, 'cause all enemys are just like little ants against a lense on a sunny day.

Edited by (PSN)Tulcandra

On 2021-06-02 at 7:33 PM, PhoenixElite said:

Excellent suggestions.

Can we also have her 2 just remember its damage in case you get knocked into a pit or touch a nully accidentally?  Or one spawns on top of you?  Maybe have it only store a certain percent, based on power strength or something.  But god is she punitive, demanding, and unfun to play.

I had made up my mind about her before her prime dropped, but gave her another chance (and one of my few umbra forma) when the prime appeared.  And I regret it.  She's a powerful frame, but she feels terrible to play.

• Like 2