Syndicates and adding a way to be able to be friends with them all

Jackdarsan

Yes I know already there is ways to build up rep with more then 2 syndicates this is not for that. 

Would love to see a mission/quest, something even with plat, a way to befriend all the syndicates. 

Why not have the prerequisite that you have to have been max rank with them all and then you get a quest to allow you to be able to build rep with whom ever you want. 

Maybe I might be missing some lore that might be way these syndicates hate each other but hey if they can let you build rep with them after you were max rank with their enemy, I'm sure there is a way around this. 

Maybe this is just the completionist in me but I hate seeing I am not max rank with everyone. Also sick of new mods and items being added and not being able to get them unless you trade. 

Let me know what your thoughts are on this. 

• Like 5

Syndicates are willing to work with Tenno, but asking to be friends with everyone while working with their enemy doesn't make sense.

It's the same concept of merc work in invasions. Help the Corpus too much and the Grustag Three hunt you.

Tenno are mercenaries that can't play both sides without getting someone else angry.

• Like 3

all faction give negative points to some other faction, if you do their work. even if you get all 6 you will constantly have to juggle with 2-3 faction since the negative will effect the standings you earn. 

you said paying plat is okay to befriend all.. why not just use that plat to buy the things you want from others? 

14 hours ago, Dauggie said:

all faction give negative points to some other faction, if you do their work. even if you get all 6 you will constantly have to juggle with 2-3 faction since the negative will effect the standings you earn. 

That is the current system, I'm talking about adding a quest, mission, something to break that and allow to to build up rep with them without negative points. 

14 hours ago, Dauggie said:

you said paying plat is okay to befriend all.. why not just use that plat to buy the things you want from others? 

I already have everything because I bought everything before changing to the next factions.  I'm saying I would happily pay a plat fee to allow maxing rep with them all. 

1 hour ago, Jackdarsan said:

I already have everything because I bought everything before changing to the next factions.  I'm saying I would happily pay a plat fee to allow maxing rep with them all. 

There was a guy on reddit who reached rank 5 with every syndicate. It's not practical for acquiring rewards, and was just a completionist thing, but it is possible.

Keep in mind new syndicate rewards are coming, so I wouldn't start a project like this yet.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Deminisis:

Syndicates are willing to work with Tenno, but asking to be friends with everyone while working with their enemy doesn't make sense.

It's the same concept of merc work in invasions. Help the Corpus too much and the Grustag Three hunt you.

Tenno are mercenaries that can't play both sides without getting someone else angry.

Are they really enemies?

The worst they do is to send in a crap squat at random. 

Meanwhile they share the same floor at the Relay Hostel... 

1 minute ago, bubbabenali said:

Are they really enemies?

Conflicting goals and ideals. They may not be large enough to aimlessly fight each other, but they don't like the Tenno that work against them.

But I realize the syndicates are very shallow and don't have purpose in the ongoing story. DE should give them more lore and places to exist like the Iron Wake for Steel Meridian on Earth.

On 2021-06-02 at 9:42 PM, Jackdarsan said:

Yes I know already there is ways to build up rep with more then 2 syndicates this is not for that. 

Would love to see a mission/quest, something even with plat, a way to befriend all the syndicates. 

Why not have the prerequisite that you have to have been max rank with them all and then you get a quest to allow you to be able to build rep with whom ever you want. 

Maybe I might be missing some lore that might be way these syndicates hate each other but hey if they can let you build rep with them after you were max rank with their enemy, I'm sure there is a way around this. 

Maybe this is just the completionist in me but I hate seeing I am not max rank with everyone. Also sick of new mods and items being added and not being able to get them unless you trade. 

Let me know what your thoughts are on this. 

I think you should examine: Why do you want to be friends with them all?

Having them oppose each other where increasing one decreases another is actually a Useful feature.

See, every time you Rank up a Syndicate, notice how your standing points from the previous rank Lock Out? you can't initially purchase anything. Well, by being friendly with an enemy syndicate, you can De-Rank and thus Unlock those previously earned points for spending.

This can be extremely useful, for rapidly unlocking and spending a massive amount of Standing Points all at once.

For example, when Prime Access arrives and you want to buy about 40 Syndicate Relic Packs to get the new Primes Fast instead of Farming Void for them.

12 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I think you should examine: Why do you want to be friends with them all?

Since I want to show my efforts of having max ranked them all and making them all green, Its not for any real reason other than that. Is it just me that max ranked them all to get all the items or have most of the players only maxed the 2 and have been trading and buying from others for the rest of the items?

12 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Having them oppose each other where increasing one decreases another is actually a Useful feature.

You put in the effort to max them all to get all the weapons and mods, etc but then in your profile shows that they are not since the rep rolls back. Im sure DE won't change it but it would be a nice add for the option incentives people (more effort = more reward). Wont hold my breath. Also opens additional side quests/story lines and maybe how the tenno helped them all to see eye to eye and work together against a bigger evil.  

Its like dam they are all close to each other in the relays, yes on different sides but still close enough that really enemies would just simply walk over and kill each other. Shouldn't they have separate relays? 

Well, you can easily balance 4. For example, rank up New Loka, which gives you Perrin Sequence also. Then you can switch to Red Veil, which gives you Steel Meridian also, and doesn't negatively affect Loka or Perrin in the process.

21 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

The reason why the syndicate enemy a thing is to encourage trading. You can thank them for starting up the Warframe economy.

Pretty much, yeah. This is one of the more prominent places where progression and monetisation intrude into the fiction. This also makes it unlikely that any of that will ever change.