Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Simple Thing Feature To Make This Game No.1 On Charts

Skaethon

We've been over this idea time and time again.  Somebody suggests this once a week, on average.

It's unworkable though.  Dark Souls was built from the ground up with invasion style gameplay in mind.  That's necessary for even a semblance of balance - and anyone who's been invaded by a kitted out SL1 Darkwraith with +15 equipment in the undead burg can attest to the fact that they still failed.  But they get a pass on that because it's Dark Souls - dying horrifically, repeatedly, in ways that will enrage you, is not merely expected, it's the core of the game.

Here though?  Balancing it becomes next to impossible.  What do we key on?  Conclave ranking?  But what about the invaded people's teammates?  Grouping for Co-op does not pay any useful attention to conclave, and really, can't be made to.  The player base is divided among too many maps, too many zones.  If you need to have a similar conclave rating to co-op, then you've killed co-op.  If you don't, then there can be no balance in PvP.  That guy you invaded has a conclave of 600, but the two people who he was with have conclave of 30.  Tough luck for them, huh?  Certainly going to make them want to keep playing.

Make it optional, and you've divided the player base further.  Because PvP off can't group with PvP on, or suddenly they find themselves in PvP despite turning it off.  And if 1 player is enough to turn it off for the entire group....well, there aren't going to be many groups open to invasion, are there?

It's impractical to the point of being basically hopeless.  Leave PvP to the conclaves, where it's totally opt in, concentrated in a few select zones, and largely without any effect on the rest of the game so that balance is an annoyance, not a nightmare.

Just a bad idea as this game was designed as a PvE game. I don't play conclave but I imaging that some warframes are just utterly over powered in there compared to other's so this system would not work (I hold the same opinion of conclave but since that is optional I don't car much)

It's PvP, and you're already treading a thin line with the name-calling.

Also, as it is general discussion, everyone is allowed to post their opinion of your idea, which can and will oppose you.

Yeah, but I hope you realize most of you are coming across as real douches, honestly. Not exactly keeping OP cool and calm with your comments coming across so rude.

If it weren't for the apparent sincerity in the original post, most would consider this another troll post. The topic was a dead horse half a year ago and still is. At least before Conclaves we had rules to prevent the weekly influx of random PvP threads. Now there is a Conclave forum section to relegate these topics to.

Yeah, but I hope you realize most of you are coming across as real douches, honestly. Not exactly keeping OP cool and calm with your comments coming across so rude.

It really didnt help the OP started his argument by saying that "punks" could turn it off. Dont get me wrong, I had a great time being a teenager in the 80's, thinking myself badass with my torn jeans while listening to The Exploited and Angelic Upstairs. But if someone greets me with "Hey punk" I will not take kindly to it, internet or not.

And we have yet another player who suggest a feature no one wants. Well, 99% don't want.

please dont imply that you speak for 99% of the playerbase, as i am sure that you do not

also this thread is about a feature that WOULD BE COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, meaning that anyone who did not want to, could simply TURN IT OFF, how exactly would this hurt anyone/anything? (rhetorical question, dont answer)

by that logic, you are suggesting that if a group of the playerbase (say yer 99%) didnt want to solo, then well shucks, soloing shouldnt be allowed in the game......... trying to make a point here, not sure if futile or not....

since the OP made it perfectly clear that his intended idea/feature would be completely optional, i see no reason why it wouldnt make a find addition to the game

and plz remember ppls, let your jimmies stay unrustled, its for your own good, honestly it is (negative stress has shown to have many bad mental/physical side effects)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

please dont imply that you speak for 99% of the playerbase, as i am sure that you do not

also this thread is about a feature that WOULD BE COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, meaning that anyone who did not want to, could simply TURN IT OFF, how exactly would this hurt anyone/anything? (rhetorical question, dont answer)

by that logic, you are suggesting that if a group of the playerbase (say yer 99%) didnt want to solo, then well shucks, soloing shouldnt be allowed in the game......... trying to make a point here, not sure if futile or not....

since the OP made it perfectly clear that his intended idea/feature would be completely optional, i see no reason why it wouldnt make a find addition to the game

and plz remember ppls, let your jimmies stay unrustled, its for your own good, honestly it is (negative stress has shown to have many bad mental/physical side effects)

Well for one, it would be too much trouble for a mechanic that wouldn't be used very much (the conclaves aren't very widely used anyways at this point) and this would be for only a minority of players. A very small minority.