Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That's Actually Pretty Creepy.

Soulie

If they would only just add fog or smoke it would enhance gameplay a lot(stealth anyone?).

like hiding in the shadows and fog waiting for your unsuspecting target to come.

Play some Orokin Derelicts. I got some tiles that had a completely insane amount of fog and I was basically relying on my Dethcube to guide me to the mobs.

If they would only just add fog or smoke it would enhance gameplay a lot(stealth anyone?).

like hiding in the shadows and fog waiting for your unsuspecting target to come.

I don't how the engine would handle that - in most games fog/smoke are just effects and enemies see through them without problems (certainty so in the few instances in this game).

I don't how the engine would handle that - in most games fog/smoke are just effects and enemies see through them without problems (certainty so in the few instances in this game).

It would be good for stealth gameplay wouldn't it? I just want stealth to be more rewarding ,we're space ninja's afer all no?

Easy, just add areas where enemy AI isn't notified of your presence unless you are close enough regardless of what they are facing.

They already have something similar to allow you to sneak up to ther backsides while they are looking at another direction.

It would be good for stealth gameplay wouldn't it? I just want stealth to be more rewarding ,we're space ninja's afer all no?

Well, yes, it would from a design standpoint, but from a technical standpoint it may or may not be feasible or worth the effort.

Easy, just add areas where enemy AI isn't notified of your presence unless you are close enough regardless of what they are facing.

They already have something similar to allow you to sneak up to ther backsides while they are looking at another direction.

The enemies have a sight cone and range, which is what allows you to sneak up behind them. There's a way to make things opaque (walls, for example), but not knowing how Evolution Engine works I can't say if it's possible or not for fog/smoke.