Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Exits

Sorez

A small random idea that popped into my head.

Imagine if certain tiles had multiple exists that lead to the same tile. I'll put a crudely drawn picture explaining how it would work here:

0acdafbfa6b0dee4ecf82f36a40c6625.png

Meaning some vents can work and match with tiles and how they're positioned. Ofcourse, the original vents would have to be placed in a way that they can't overlap each other and cause issues. Grineer vents already kind of do this.

A misunderstanding: 

not sure i understood properly your post but i know there are some tiles where there are mutliples paths to get from point A to point B

Derelict being one of those

I'm not talking about paths IN the tiles, I'm talking about paths between each tile (rooms), like, not just a door that separates rooms, you can go around through a different path, between the rooms, to the next room.

Edited by Sorez

not sure i understood properly your post but i know there are some tiles where there are mutliples paths to get from point A to point B

Derelict being one of those

im not talking about paths IN the tiles, im talking about paths between each tile (rooms), like, not just a door that separates rooms, you can go around through a different path, between the rooms, to the next room.

they've (DEv team) briefly mentioned this before in livestreams i believe

the gist is that currently the rng tile generator is not up to the task, but it's "on the table"

so prolly eventually, but no time soon

but yes +1 OP, fo sho

Yeah, It would require a lot of work for the tiles to not just overlap each other and such, but definitely possible.

It would make stealth gameplay alot more flexible.

Exactly the reason I suggested this!

you mean like the "air" path in the invasion tile set with the shield?

then ya 1 of derelict tiles have an alternate path for a room too

otherwise then i give up understanding XD

No, thats not a different path to another tile, that is one huge tile with built in pathways.