Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus parasitic link idea, involving mutation stacks

FacuNeko

First, i want to talk about frost, ember, saryn, oberon and volt augments they have for their first abilities wich grants elemental aditional bonus damage to guns, based on a % from the weapon (base/current i don't know) damage.

And i was thinking, if a viral version comes true, i want it to be on our virulent infested boy, But the augment will work as this:

While linked to an ally: Every ally between 40m at base from Nidus OR the linked ally will have for the duration of this link (similar to equinox day form 3rd ability,this includes maggots and pets, getting out/in will turn on/off the buff except nidus or his ally since it would cancel the link) the next buff:

Bonus 50% Viral damage of base damage for weapons, companions and maggots(on maggots will be current damage but i'll explain this later) while this 50% will increase based on power strengh, will have NO duration timer since is tied to the link duration. And the Second and INTERESTING part of this, is that this augment includes a 1 FLAT bonus adittive viral damage that will increased based on MUTATION STACKS, so at 100 stacks we will have 101 bonus viral damage, and this will be able to enhace on maggots by the 50% at base (if we made the mathematic for 100% strengh and 100 stacks, maggots can get a 101 x 1.5 = 151.5 bonus viral damage, added to the sad 10 toxin damage that can increase to 15 because of the 50% bonus, so 151.5+15 =166.1) and maybe, this flat value affects abilities as well (even pets abilites)

Very interesting doesn't it?

the sad part is that in my current build i cant make room for this slot so i'd maybe loose so much potential q-q

but atleast would be fun idk

AND While linked to an enemy:

Allies between 20m at base, whenever the link exist, from nidus or his linked enemy, will Heal for 15 health per second that will scale with strengh, and 1% Max health that will be increased to another 1%Max Health for every 10 mutation stacks (or 0.5% every 5 stacks), so 11% max health/s at 100stacks, BUT after 100 stacks it will add 1% after 20 stacks instead of 10, so 16%Max health regen at 200 stacks and 21% at 300 stacks. (since it'll work based on stats, this will not be affected by strengh)

i'd like if this augment has little black spores flying around the body of affected allies as visual effect, or maybe nothing since some people dont like too much visual effects

However , i'm confident about this idea to be something that wouldn't be really broken, and is interesting enough to be implemented.

Is not a "must" bandaid augment, is for variety of playstyles, and this is good for pet-lovers playstyle, and gives parasitic link finally a good reason to have mutation stacks AND keep them up, since people tent to have 15 or a bit more and stay like that because they only use it for the undying pasive, 1st and 4th(only damage) synergys with stacks aren't really interesting for casual nidus players (me not included since i usually use the 1st as my main source of damage + his 4, but other people just care about his 2 and tankiness), so this augment would bennefit everyone BUT AT THE COST OF AN IMPORTANT SLOT, but i'd take the risk

hace 6 minutos, FacuNeko dijo:

uff except nidus or his ally since it would cancel the link

maybe a visual effect for this can be cool since it would help notice the edge of it, preventing allies from canceling parasitick link :D

this only thing is even more relevant than the post itself Q-Q but i want it to be real

Interesting. Will the augment remove(swap) the damage for the heal then?

Or was it supposed to maintain the dmg buff as well?

wait, i misread. It seems like the augment would give both versions of the skills buff at all times (while linked).

Either way the linked dmg buff being an AoE would be a nice touch.

hace 21 minutos, Zhoyzu dijo:

Either way the linked dmg buff being an AoE would be a nice touch.

with 40m radius while linked on ally i meant something like Bastille's buff, that is On whenever you stay inside and the duration starts counting down when you get out of range.

i had in mind something like that but if you get out you lose the buff, this way your linked ally will have a reason to stay near to you

2 minutes ago, FacuNeko said:

with 40m radius while linked on ally i meant something like Bastille's buff, that is On whenever you stay inside and the duration starts counting down when you get out of range.

i had in mind something like that but if you get out you lose the buff, this way your linked ally will have a reason to stay near to you

I hear yea, Im either solo or running a duo with my IRL friend so we usually find a nice place to set up camp. The skill is great as is with communication but i can see, and have experienced, its lack luster-ness when going with strangers. Plus the AoE would be nice since you can only link an ally once.

You could always have the augment be for the carpet rather than link itself. Such that: when nidus or his linked ally are in contact with his "carpet", the "carpet" will replicate the buff to all allies within X range.

This would make it easier to keep track of where a buff is coming from as keeping track of an individual tenno in the heat of combat can be very difficult between a wall of enemy fleshes and ability/weapon/death effects.

Just a thought.

hace 16 minutos, Zhoyzu dijo:

You could always have the augment be for the carpet rather than link itself. Such that: when nidus or his linked ally are in contact with his "carpet", the "carpet" will replicate the buff to all allies within X range.

for carpet you mean a AoE circle around nidus and his linked objective? i was thinking something like Gloom from sevagoth visualy speaking, but to buff allies between the 40m radius with viral damage(the linked ally will always have the buff if he doesn't break the link)

Just now, FacuNeko said:

for carpet you mean a AoE circle around nidus and his linked objective? i was thinking something like Gloom from sevagoth visualy speaking, but to buff allies between the 40m radius with viral damage(the linked ally will always have the buff if he doesn't break the link)

By carpet i meant his 4th skill. I've never been able to internalize what its actually called. Called it a carpet once and thats sorta been the end of it for me lol.  I just figured it would be a good reference point for the buffs AoE since they (the carpet/4th skill) are usually really easy to identify.

hace 21 minutos, Zhoyzu dijo:

can be very difficult between a wall of enemy fleshes and ability/weapon/death effects.

i had problems aiming my parasitic link to moving-really-fast-allies with enemies between just after procing growing power

is just so many conditions to think of

1 minute ago, FacuNeko said:

like giving everyone the % bonus strengh?

Yea, so AFAIK only Nidus and the linked ally receive the buff.
So if a linked someone is standing on/in his 4th ability the 4th ability replicates the buff for allies in range.

hace 1 minuto, Zhoyzu dijo:

By carpet i meant his 4th skill. I've never been able to internalize what its actually called. Called it a carpet once and thats sorta been the end of it for me lol.  I just figured it would be a good reference point for the buffs AoE since they (the carpet/4th skill) are usually really easy to identify.

oooohhhh i see, i like that idea too,

this way people wouldn't be able to change the 4th via helminth if they want to use the augment

1 minute ago, FacuNeko said:

i had problems aiming my parasitic link to moving-really-fast-allies with enemies between just after procing growing power

is just so many conditions to think of

TRUE

I usually tell my friend to stop moving for a second while i link him LOL.
I hadnt initially considered this. Hmmmmm

Justo ahora, Zhoyzu dijo:

Yea, so AFAIK only Nidus and the linked ally receive the buff.
So if a linked someone is standing on/in his 4th ability the 4th ability replicates the buff for allies in range.

i would like to aim my infested ground with my 3rd (even solo) to get the strengh bonus  and share it to everyone between 40m

hace 28 minutos, Zhoyzu dijo:

i get it now, like the ground beeing like a catalist or repeater to share the buff

me no speak much english x'd

Just now, FacuNeko said:

i get it now, like the ground beeing like a catalist or repeater to share the buff

Correct. In my head this eliminates the need to keep track of which persons are linked (assuming im not) while increasing the accessibility to the buff (easier to see 4th ability on ground, plus its stationary). 
The VFX could just be a maggot riding on your shoulder while you have the buff like its a pokemon LOLOL

Archived