Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clarification Needed - Sisters of Parvos and Kuva Liches

SephirothWS

Now we all know Sisters of Parvos is bringing in the Sisters of Parvos which is a second Kuva Lich system themed around the Corpus. ... We know that Kuva Liches have to be dealt with to get a new Kuva Lich. ... But can one have a Sisters of Parvos Progenator and a Kuva Lich at the same time? Nothing has been mentioned of this, and my repeated attempts to get an answer from DE has gone to the void.

So, if I have a Kuva Lich currently active, do I have to deal with the Kuva Lich by either killing it or converting it before I can pick up a Sister of Parvos, or can I have a Sister of Parvos while also having an active Kuva Lich?

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

Gonna vote no, but imagine for a second if they let that happen. 

How many forum threads would there be of people complaining they have 2 Liches pop up in a mission at the same time 

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I'm actually looking forward to "I created a Sister by mistake" threads despite the very-specific steps you'll have to follow to get one.

13 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I'm actually looking forward to "I created a Sister by mistake" threads despite the very-specific steps you'll have to follow to get one.

Reminds me of the time someone subsumed their multi-umbral forma'd Nidus with "muscle memory" despite all the steps it takes. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Reminds me of the time someone subsumed their multi-umbral forma'd Nidus with "muscle memory" despite all the steps it takes. 

I remember that one. It wasn't even long after the Helminth was added, so how did they manage to develop "muscle memory" in such a short time frame? That mystery is worthy of an Ancient Aliens episode.

im mean i dont think both at the same time would be hard to implement they dont need to all happen in the same mission i.e sisters takes one planet and leech takes another (now u could go even more indebt and allow them take the same planets (they wont share mission tho more like half of mars goes to leech other half to sister) and then the possibility of a cross fire kuva + sister mission is available where u can some how fight both in a unique boss battle p.s i dont expect this from DE just showing how it could be cool to have it work like that.

And for the final railjack missions for both the railjack map is already split into corpus and grineer proximas sisters and leeches will on spawn in they're respective faction missions 

51 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

"I created a Sister by mistake"

Well, that joke-aside, I doubt DE would allow us to have 2 factions "invade" our star-chart from 2 sides. Like Fomorian and Razorback aren't happening at the same time, even if both get their respective gauge filled at the same time.

Then again, weird decisions can be made and we MIGHT get both at the same time. 

Good thing we don't have infested liches YET...

<history geeks flashback in european history kicks in>

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

I remember that one. It wasn't even long after the Helminth was added, so how did they manage to develop "muscle memory" in such a short time frame? That mystery is worthy of an Ancient Aliens episode.

Right? I think it is a reminder of how you can never idiot proof things enough for someone truly determined to be stupid. 

I think since then DE has added the ability to see if a frame has forma and stuff when subsuming, because they found out all their failsafes in place already still weren't enough. 

It reminds me of the discussion that comes up every now and again about people accidentally creating liches and how DE shouldn't make it so "easy" to accidentally make one. The thing is, they can try to make it harder by adding granum coins for the new ones, but people will STILL do it without fully understanding the system first, and STILL have regrets. You can add all the failsafes you want, but stupid will still stupid. 

Yeah, what with the Sisters using the same Lich UI, I highly doubt DE would let us spawn both simultaneously.

But man, I would have had their territories cross then get both their aggros up. I'd then be like Ken Watanabe in Godzilla and go "let them fight," and sit back in my Ivara with a bag of popcorn.

Ah well.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Don't think they mentioned it but I'll assume you can't have both active

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I assume you can't have both.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Nobody knows for sure yet, but yeah, I'd go with the general consensus here. 

More than likely, they are not going to let you have both active at the same time. I would expect this to be the case, and be very surprised if it was not. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

Gonna vote no

Really? I see no reason why it couldn't happen. Corpus missions and Grineer missions are pretty seperate I mean what would it break? OK let me rephrase that, what would it break besides the normal amount of stuff that breaks in every update?

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

but imagine for a second if they let that happen. 

How many forum threads would there be of people complaining they have 2 Liches pop up in a mission at the same time 

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You know that Lich missions and Parvosister missions are going to be separate, right? Same reason why Kuva Siphons don't appear in Void Fissure missions

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Really? I see no reason why it couldn't happen. Corpus missions and Grineer missions are pretty seperate I mean what would it break? OK let me rephrase that, what would it break besides the normal amount of stuff that breaks in every update?

Well, I mean, yeah. That plus, DE decided not to give people a toggle for the Gara Splinter Storm thing because they felt it would create too many potential bugs to be worth the work, so like... I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I think there is precedent for people being skeptical they would code it so you could do both at once. 

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I could have sworn on one of the streams in the last month or so they said no, you cannot have both active at the same time.

Yes, there has been 'light' confirmation you can not have a Kuva Lich and Sister of Parvos at the same time. I can't remember which stream or day exactly, but it was from Rebecca, and I think... last week? If I had to guess? 

Also as far as reasons why it might be this way, probably because of the screens and interfaces that track your Nemesis (the little stats screen that shows weaknesses, and quirks, attempted mod combinations etc) and Parazon combination screen. Granted they could create another icon, button prompt and screen thats accessible to both, but sounds like extra work and like it could create more issues that aren't worth the headache. 

45 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Well, I mean, yeah. That plus, DE decided not to give people a toggle for the Gara Splinter Storm thing because they felt it would create too many potential bugs to be worth the work, so like... I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I think there is precedent for people being skeptical they would code it so you could do both at once. 

There are some things I can understand that line of thinking for. But for Parvosister, in my mind it makes as much sense as saying "we probably can't have Nightmare Railjack because we have Void Storm Railjack." We already have Nightmare and Void Fissure in the normal chart. It's just a couple linked lists in the code, a list of nodes and stolen resources -- it looks more complicated than it really is. Whereas Gara armor was outright swapping the models and meshes and having the host and client keeping track of both, loading them both into memory and such -- it was the inverse, it doesn't look complicated but actually is

amusing as it would be it would A: possibly mess with the spaghetti code having both, and B: players don't want two liches taking over planets and stealing resources at the same time. it also motivates players to get their current Lich out of the way ready for the update, so if you haven't killed your frenemy yet, now's the time. 

so basically no. personally I'm going to go for the 3 new Kuva weapons first, because those will be harder to get, and I REALLY want the Kuva Grattler. also gives me chance to grab the Zenith Crowns I'll need. 

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't have both types of Lich at once for the players who are still working on the weapons, it would be big let down imo.

I'll get all the Sister of Parvos first, don't really need the Kuva Lich at present.

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

There are some things I can understand that line of thinking for. But for Parvosister, in my mind it makes as much sense as saying "we probably can't have Nightmare Railjack because we have Void Storm Railjack." We already have Nightmare and Void Fissure in the normal chart. It's just a couple linked lists in the code, a list of nodes and stolen resources -- it looks more complicated than it really is. Whereas Gara armor was outright swapping the models and meshes and having the host and client keeping track of both, loading them both into memory and such -- it was the inverse, it doesn't look complicated but actually is

The whatever variable they use to prevent two liches atm is prob copy&pasted.

Archived