Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you do conservation on Deimos?

Zhoyzu

Question

Ive been using ivara and tracking like you would on venus but every echo lure i use is the wrong lure. Im not sure how i can hunt these things with only wrong lures as the tracking dead ends you until you get the call correct.

The only succesful hunts ive had is from predasites dying randomly on the map and then just swooping in and taking credit.

How do i get the right lure for deimos, because the "Son" character doesnt sell them.

13 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

son definately sells the echolures for the animals on deimos (all but the Nexifera which can only be found in the caves naturally)

i have all 4 that are purchaseable at my rank and not ont of them is correct for 3 different sets of tracks, so im not so certain.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

(all but the Nexifera which can only be found in the caves naturally)

The Velocipods also spawn naturally and have no Echo-lures.

24 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

every echo lure i use is the wrong lure.

When you start tracking, the Conservation start point is named "Predasite Trail Start Point" or whatever animal it's specific to. That tells you which Echo-lure to eventually use. All the Echo-lures can be bought from Son. After you follow the trail, you will end at a pile of bones named "Predasite Call Point". This tells you again which animal you're hunting. If you ever forget, just look down at the pile of bones and the name will pop up on the HUD.

28 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

How do i get the right lure for deimos, because the "Son" character doesnt sell them.

If you're not seeing the Echo-lures in Son's shop, that may be because you aren't high enough rank with the Entrati, or maybe you have the "Hide Owned" box checked, or maybe you typed something into the search bar which filters out all other results. I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but try messing around in the shop interface, because they definitely should be there. Make sure you're in the "Browse Wares" dialogue option because he has two similar-seeming shop interfaces ("Capture Deimos Wildlife" and "Trade Tags").

12 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

i have all 4 that are purchaseable at my rank and not ont of them is correct for 3 different sets of tracks, so im not so certain.

the name of the start and call point tells you what animal its for, so if you dont have it dont do the trail, also if you pull out an echolure it only shows the start points on the map for that lure

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

the name of the start and call point tells you what animal its for, so if you dont have it dont do the trail, also if you pull out an echolure it only shows the start points on the map for that lure

i see, ill give this a try. thanks for your input

All this info and nobody mentions the most useful part.

Select a lure from your gear wheel. Now open your map up so that it'ssolid not an overlay(hold down M by default). Now whatever tracks show on that map are for that lure only. Waypoint, fly there and start your hunt.

Also, hunting animals on Deimos via the lures is a very slow ineffective way of doing conservation but that's a different conversation entirely.

17 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Select a lure from your gear wheel. Now open your map up so that it'ssolid not an overlay(hold down M by default). Now whatever tracks show on that map are for that lure only. Waypoint, fly there and start your hunt.

Also, hunting animals on Deimos via the lures is a very slow ineffective way of doing conservation but that's a different conversation entirely.

is that flying around method someone mentioned earlier better?

24 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

i did say that

23 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

is that flying around method someone mentioned earlier better?

Absolutely. But there's other stuff as well. I made this a while ago to help others learn how to hunt, there's other stuff on the channel about conservation as well. 

Depends on what animal you're after. There are a lot that spawn without having to use a lure. Similar to Plains of Eidolon.

This works different on Orb Vallis, where you ALWAYS have to use a lure. I have no idea why they don't make it the same there. Using lures is annoying.

Archived