Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss Mach Rush Augment

MBE95

I've been playing Gauss a bit, and while i REALLY enjoy him a lot, it's sometimes a little annoying that he can only ever dash forward, it works nicely for melee but for gunplay you don't always want to just go forward. I was thinking that maybe an augment could be made (possibly exilus) that lets him dash in all directions with Mach Rush, but in turn disables his Mach Rush sprint. Omni directional dashing would be powerful, but the disabled sprint makes it so it's not just a no-brainer, and it would alter the way he's played and modded, which i think could be very interesting. 

Any thoughts on this?

7 hours ago, MBE95 said:

Any thoughts on this?

yes, a few actually...

First, Mach rush already has an augment, so it's really very unlikely that DE makes another one for it anytime soon

second, if you want to Drift with mach rush, While retaining the same speed, use Revenant's REAVE.

Simply, press and hold mach rush, then hold forward button to keep mach rushing, then if you want to drift or turn at same speed, cast reave while holding forward (so you won't cancel mach rush)

i haven't tested if Reave increases mach rush's speed...but it 100% allows it to turn at the same speed, so in a way it's an increase 

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

yes, a few actually...

First, Mach rush already has an augment, so it's really very unlikely that DE makes another one for it anytime soon

second, if you want to Drift with mach rush, While retaining the same speed, use Revenant's REAVE.

Simply, press and hold mach rush, then hold forward button to keep mach rushing, then if you want to drift or turn at same speed, cast reave while holding forward (so you won't cancel mach rush)

i haven't tested if Reave increases mach rush's speed...but it 100% allows it to turn at the same speed, so in a way it's an increase 

I meant that i'd like to be able to use the dash in every direction (so while aiming forward, i'd be able to dash to the sides and backwards), while the sprint (hold) mechanic gets disabled, just as sort of a drawback to not make it OP i suppose, was just a thought. It's just that only being able to dash forward is sometimes a bit of a detriment. You can always just turn your vision and then dash, then turn it back, but an augment letting him dash in all directions would just be a huge quality of life in many scenarios. I know he already has an augment, but some other frames do have more than one augment for a single ability too, so it's not unthinkable.

23 minutes ago, MBE95 said:

I meant that i'd like to be able to use the dash in every direction (so while aiming forward, i'd be able to dash to the sides and backwards), while the sprint (hold) mechanic gets disabled, just as sort of a drawback to not make it OP i suppose, was just a thought. It's just that only being able to dash forward is sometimes a bit of a detriment. You can always just turn your vision and then dash, then turn it back, but an augment letting him dash in all directions would just be a huge quality of life in many scenarios. I know he already has an augment, but some other frames do have more than one augment for a single ability too, so it's not unthinkable.

Did you focus on what i said? Reave literally does that for you, without even that drawback that you're mentioning.

the only drawback, is the time and distance it takes to Hold forward so you can maintain mach rush without having to hold the ability.

and i guess sacrificing Thermal sunder is a drawback of itself.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Did you focus on what i said? Reave literally does that for you, without even that drawback that you're mentioning.

the only drawback, is the time and distance it takes to Hold forward so you can maintain mach rush without having to hold the ability.

and i guess sacrificing Thermal sunder is a drawback of itself.

But that's the thing, i don't want to hold and maintain a rush, i just want quick directional dashes, for dodging and battery management

Archived