Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Way too strong for low MR

TadeIsBack

So I am a returning Player and don't know if it's supposed to be that easy. I am MR5 and modded the Xoris badly but what is this thing? I remember Junctions and Bosses being hard. 

I sometimes carry MR14 through Boss missions with this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qQLVKi6VEQ&ab_channel=tade

32 minutes ago, TadeIsBack said:

The invisibility is not what I meant, I meant the Xoris throw/explosion.

The 8x stealth damage from your invisibility tends to do that.

And before I even knew how stuff worked in this game, I always instantly killed the junction specters with Excal. They aren't that high of a bar.

What build are you using? There are many levels of "modding badly", and something a returning player "mods badly" can pack much more of a punch than something a new player "mods well".

Other than that - it's not exactly uncommon for junction specters to be 1-shot (even without the stealth bonus) - as long as there are some semi-sensible mods on the weapons. They are meant as a challenge for new players who still don't know what "Pressure Point" is!

Xoris is easymode, but its still a clunky glaive. 

I used it for the mr9 test and shelved it.

Melees and thrown melees especially are busted at the moment. 

Then again MR loked and tierd weapons are the laziest way to say "gib me money tenno pleb". DE should change that. 

1 hour ago, TadeIsBack said:

So I am a returning Player and don't know if it's supposed to be that easy. I am MR5 and modded the Xoris badly but what is this thing? I remember Junctions and Bosses being hard. 

I sometimes carry MR14 through Boss missions with this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qQLVKi6VEQ&ab_channel=tade

All the glaives have been pretty ridiculous  since their rework.  Even Kestrel,  -way- worse than Xoris and MR0, is viable in Steel Path, let alone normal star chart.

There are some melee nerfs coming, although details are sparse.  And what we've heard about so far wouldn't affect glaive freakishness in any meaningful way.

In the meantime, if you want more of a challenge, you can calibrate this yourself by  using Xoris in actual melee mode, removing mods, not using stealth multipliers, or some/all of the above.  Or using other weapons entirely. 

Xoris is one of the most powerful melee weapons in the game right now. All glaives are very powerful due to the giant buff they recently received. 

The above user described the current state of glaives very well.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Leqesai:

Xoris is one of the most powerful melee weapons in the game right now. All glaives are very powerful due to the giant buff they recently received. 

The above user described the current state of glaives very well.

actually all mele do top single target damage. there are also aoe shotguns. for gunblade you don't need invisibility to do 2+ mil crits.

and i think it's okay. new players need damage and then they are also motivated to farm content. if everything were like a second job, then an extremely large number of players would play something different.
I know far too many examples ...

7 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

actually all mele do top single target damage. there are also aoe shotguns. for gunblade you don't need invisibility to do 2+ mil crits.

and i think it's okay. new players need damage and then they are also motivated to farm content. if everything were like a second job, then an extremely large number of players would play something different.
I know far too many examples ...

Xoris is far stronger than most melee weapons, sir. It is a little inaccurate ti describe it in relation to regular weapons due to its incredibly powerful burst dps aoe explosion.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Leqesai:

Xoris is far stronger than most melee weapons, sir. It is a little inaccurate ti describe it in relation to regular weapons due to its incredibly powerful burst dps aoe explosion.

might be. i haven't maxed all mele weapons with formas and experience of others is such an unreliable thing.

I just played SP def against infested. pet with kuva bramma and also sent makes heaps of status procs. Heavy attack is constantly making 1.4 - 3+ mil crits. I don't know why more damage is needed. content is not there for that yet.

On 2021-06-04 at 4:21 PM, bad4youLT said:

Looks normal to me , invisibility was cheese in this game for a long time , if enemies can't see you they can't hurt you .

That plus All Melee Weapons get a Damage Multiplier While you are Invisible.... 

This is Why Glaives have always had a home for players who use Warframe's capable of Going Invisible.... Especially Ivara since Navigator has an Additional Multiplier on Top Of The Stealth Multiplier.

On 2021-06-04 at 4:32 PM, TadeIsBack said:

The invisibility is not what I meant, I meant the Xoris throw/explosion.

I just think it's too powerful for that MR and wanted to give my feedback on that.

All Glaives have that sort of Damage Output... Since that's Technically it's Heavy Attack and thus gets all the Heavy Attack Benefits (Bonus Crit, Bonus Status... Blah blah blah)....

Combine that with Melee Rework, the Glaives Rework... And the fact that Junctions were never an issue for Excalibur Players in the first place then yeah... It's okay for MR5 Players to Cheese Junctions with The Xoris.... Is it not ?

On 2021-06-04 at 5:02 PM, KitMeHarder said:

And before I even knew how stuff worked in this game, I always instantly killed the junction specters with Excal. They aren't that high of a bar.

Basically what this Tenno said. 🙂

Junctions aren't intended to Stone Wall Players. That's why Two Of The Starter Warframe's have Gimmick that makes them relatively Manageable even if you don't know what you're doing. 

Excalibur has Blind + Exhalted Blade Combo...

Mag has her Bubble + Punch through Projectile weapon Combo 

And Volt I'm leaving out because setting up his Shenanigans requires too much Prep Work.... But one day you will be able to get a Low MR Weapon with Really High Crit Chance that allows you to take advantage of the Volt Shields... 

If I remember correctly, I only hit a Brick wall with Junctions torwards the end when Saryn and Mesa would Insta Kill Me....

Theres a Reason why Rhino is the first Juntion Barrier.... He sets you up for all the Bull S#$& going forward 😁....

On 2021-06-06 at 8:10 AM, Leqesai said:

I like we all forgot about that Infinite Combo Duration description... LoL .... It's so irrelevant now.... 

How big is the AoE BTW ?  It's 10 Meyer Radius Right (Which gives us a 20 Meter Diameter) which is has more coverage than any weapon I know of.... It's range is even greater than some Warframe Abilities... 😱 !!!

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's 10 Meyer Radius Right (Which gives us a 20 Meter Diameter) which is has more coverage than any weapon I know of....

It's 8m, 9m on heavy attack. And there are weapons with as high or higher radius, especially once you include the multiplicative 66% bonus range from Primed Fulmination/Firestorm compared to the additive 3m you get from Volatile Quick Return.

• Morgha 12m
  • Corinth Prime 9.8m
  • Larkspur 9.6m
  • Staticor 9.6m
  • Grattler 9m
  • Etc...

19 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

It's 8m, 9m on heavy attack. And there are weapons with as high or higher radius, especially once you include the multiplicative 66% bonus range from Primed Fulmination/Firestorm compared to the additive 3m you get from Volatile Quick Return.

• Morgha 12m
  • Corinth Prime 9.8m
  • Larkspur 9.6m
  • Staticor 9.6m
  • Grattler 9m
  • Etc...

LoL... I had no Idea Baro Primed Culmination and Firestorm 😁 !!! Not that I ever had room for these mods anyway but it's good to know. 

Am 14.6.2021 um 07:11 schrieb KitMeHarder:

• Morgha 12m
  • Corinth Prime 9.8m
  • Larkspur 9.6m
  • Staticor 9.6m
  • Grattler 9m
  • Etc...

I'm not a believer of the "low MR stuff needs to be garbage" cult, but getting the weapon is rather easy and fast. And even without a stance or volatile quick return - both are not something a mr4 player gets their hands on easily - the this weapon carries you anywhere. 

16 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

both are not something a mr4 player gets their hands on easily

IDK why you quoted me...

And I think the balancing factor is that this weapon will put the bulk of new players on their ass almost every throw. And IMO quest rewards get a pass on how powerful they are; Just look at the Broken War, it's tied for being the best sword in the game with Pangolin Prime (MR14) and Dakra Prime (MR10).

And even then, it might not be as easy as doing a quest, but at MR5 (or even earlier) players can get a Kuva Bramma, Nukor, Chakkhurr, Catchmoon, Tombfinger Primary, Zaws when they used to be meta, etc... MR is meaningless with how DE designs things.

Archived