Warframe Visual Clarity Survey + Results

Posted (edited)

Hiho everybody!

Last friday, I shared a survey about visual clarity in Warframe.

Today I want to show you the results!

But first up: If you haven't participated in the survey, then why don't you do so now?

More data is more good. I'll start updating things as soon as I get some more responses.

Results

Spoiler

Op8PtKG.jpg

Imgur | Google Sheet

Bonus

Next survey topic vote

Stuff

Past Surveys | Discord | Twitter | FAQ

Cheers!

Edited by Purzzle
Fixed visual
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

If they read his results and add them to their pile of stats, that would be sweet. if not, oh well. 

Purzzle is just a Tenno who enjoys gathering data, so he would keep doing these surveys anyways. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

steve doesn't rly care about destroying warframe visuals but for looking good on preview images on new consoles. whole last year of patching (ruining) graphics was only for that.

nobody will bring back uncompressed textures without artifacts, adequate lighting and sane effects back.

so forget about visual clarity. no single cent out of couple hundreds millions dollars of de revenue will go on that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Infested are an absolute nightmare in terms of visual clutter.

For example, you might see an entire field of purple-cloaked Infested blessed by a disruptor, the green fields radiating from an ancient healer, several gas clouds (which for some reason have twisting, opaque tendrils) produced by Toxic Ancients, explosions from red-skinned Infested runners, and much more.

I get the theme of being overrun completely, but the Infested legions can become unbearably frame-killing.

Edited by SheikaVoid
  • Like 2

The visual clarity is generally OK, some locations and effects are over the top and there's always room for improvement but I wouldn't say it's detracting all that much from the experience. Issues like "what killed me" I think are a separate topic. If there were a follow-up I'd be interested in hearing about visual clarity for specific things, like certain maps or factions or weapons. Deimos and the Infested stand out as having a lot of issues, as does the Vallis and other snowy areas washing things out.

2 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

The Infested are an absolute nightmare in terms of visual clutter.

For example, you might see an entire field of purple-cloaked Infested blessed by a disruptor, the green fields radiating from an ancient healer, several gas clouds (which for some reason have twisting, opaque tendrils) produced by Toxic Ancients, explosions from red-skinned Infested runners, and many more.

I get the theme of being overrun completely, but the Infested legions can become unbearably frame-killing.

I mean, I'm sure people with sensitivities like that know to turn a lot of the settings down, but infested are especially horrible. With all the graphics settings on, it is a rainbow spam of such horrific proportions that could send an epileptic into the hospital. 

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I mean, I'm sure people with sensitivities like that know to turn a lot of the settings down, but infested are especially horrible. With all the graphics settings on, it is a rainbow spam of such horrific proportions that could send an epileptic into the hospital. 

Not even mentioning the fact that the Infested themselves are more obnoxiously color-coded than any other faction, which does bring to the surface of my mind the idea of the Corrupted as well, they're generally a huge sea of monochromatic, grunting soldiers.

• Like 1

I'd also argue that the Corpus are the best faction in terms of visual clarity.  All of their units have defined, but not chaotic, color schemes and distinctive unit designs.  It's harder to tell the difference between a lancer and a bombard than a crewman and a MOA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

Not even mentioning the fact that the Infested themselves are more obnoxiously color-coded than any other faction, which does bring to the surface of my mind the idea of the Corrupted as well, they're generally a huge sea of monochromatic, grunting soldiers.

One of the reasons I'm not that sad they blew up the void. 

Doing super long runs with void keys because you didn't want to waste them, as the most efficient way to use keys back then was to just do really, really long runs, and the whole time your eyes are glazing over as you continue to kill hordes of the same looking enemies over and over again. It's why I still have no interest in long void survivals to this day. Those who want to do Mot can have it. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

One of the reasons I'm not that sad they blew up the void. 

Doing super long runs with void keys because you didn't want to waste them, as the most efficient way to use keys back then was to just do really, really long runs, and the whole time your eyes are glazing over as you continue to kill hordes of the same looking enemies over and over again. It's why I still have no interest in long void survivals to this day. Those who want to do Mot can have it. 

Certainly doesn't help that all Corrupted fire weapons with golden-hue projectiles, other than the infamous Corrupted Bombards, and are placed against a gleaming, golden backdrop.  Honestly, they still feel like a placeholder faction for the most part.

• Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb LupoDWolf:

Do you post these on the reddit?

Yes. I post them on reddit, wf forum, twitter and some discords (+ those on the mail list).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Purzzle said:

Updated with results

this section of the results has two sections labelled the same but the values are different "how much would not having waypoints affect the game?

unknown.png

• Like 1

• Purzzle changed the title to Warframe Visual Clarity Survey + Results