Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

companion cosmetics questions

Dairaion

25 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Is there a reason Kubrows cant wear armor when the use the Drahk skin but the helminth can?

Why don't armors fit the Hyekka skin?

why does DE hate the Grineer?

We don't know. There doesn't seem to be any form of consistency or pattern:

1) Some people say that armors only work with the base models or skins that don't alter the base model. These people seem to be completely oblivious to the Nidus deluxe Kubrow model using armors.

2) Some people say DE decide to allow armors or not based on clipping issues. These people are completely oblivious to all clipping issues with the Helminth Charger, which gets new clipping issues each time a new Kubrow armor set is added. Those clipping issues are never addressed because of how complex the model is, yet it is not blocked from getting new armors.

3) By the same token, these people are using the "different model" excuse as to why armors don't work on Deimos pets. Again: Nidus deluxe Kubrow exists. There's the Wukong Prime Kubrow model as well and it does use armors.

4) Armors don't work with the Khora deluxe skin for Kavats despite said deluxe skin being made by the same artist who made the Nidus deluxe skin. This is the closest it gets to an apples to apples comparison.

For what it's worth, I highlighted some of these inconsistencies over a year ago and DE are yet to even acknowledge the issue;

I then brought it up a second time when Zephyr was unvaulted, with my actual example in the original thread becoming a reality (Khora deluxe Kavat can not use Zephyr Prime Kavat armor):

So at this point I think DE just flat out don't see enough of a monetary incentive to care enough about this. This won't be fixed.

29 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Is there a reason Kubrows cant wear armor when the use the Drahk skin but the helminth can?

Why don't armors fit the Hyekka skin?

why does DE hate the Grineer?

The typical answer is that the different skins have different body shapes, so there'd be clipping issues. But both Charger skins can equip armor, despite having wildly different body sizes. And the Feral Kubrow fur pattern has the same body size as a normal Kubrow. And Drahks can wear armor for the Grineer. So there's not really a reason why we can't have these things. The only reason we don't have these things is that DE just doesn't care about it enough to fix it. They've got other priorities. Maybe in 2035 when Sheldon finally finishes Pets 3.0 we'll get some basic cosmetic improvements we've been wanting for years like armor on skins and a hat toggle.

Archived