Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva litch - Waste of time.

Xan5131

Why is it I must kill a few hundred of them stupid trawls just to fight my litch ONCE.

"Oh its the litches MUH ANGER METER!!!" That sits at nothing, even after 25 of them stupid trawls are killed.
Why must I waste 3 hours of my time dealing with some GARBAGE, simply to get him off my starchart.

If I had known pressing X was a bad thing, I never would have done it.

This "content" can go right back in the dumpster floating down the stream on fire where it came from, along with railjack.

"Oh it dont take 3 hours!, if you join others missions to get murmurs to learn the words, you still most likely have to fight your litch twice!"

And thats why it takes so long... Its far to slow to "annoy" the worthless pos that I simply want removed so I never have to deal with it again.

"Oh but muh KUUUUUUUUUUVAAAAAAAAAAAAH weapons"

Yes, another excuse for DE to drain peoples credit cards so they can buy rivens that will get gimped yet again, that still wont out damage melee even after there gimping of melee 3-4 days ago.

OIP.8POMrNPLqmEksHVfaUjrkgHaEK?pid=ImgDe

Happily, I've only had to deal with 1 Lich (that I got by accident stabbing a Larvling instead of capturing a target.)

I do not ever intend to interact with the Lich system ever again, neither will I be attempting any of the Sisters of Parvos, at least until they change how it all works. (unlikely, to the point of never, as is the chance of my ever touching them.)

I can understand that the litches aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Personally, I quite enjoy them. I’ll probably always have one active (The queens have sent three liches so far, and I’ve converted the first and slew the second); it’s no Shadows of Mordor, but I can say that they’re a sort of rival for me.

25 minutes ago, Xan5131 said:

Why is it I must kill a few hundred of them stupid trawls just to fight my litch ONCE.

"Oh its the litches MUH ANGER METER!!!" That sits at nothing, even after 25 of them stupid trawls are killed.
Why must I waste 3 hours of my time dealing with some GARBAGE, simply to get him off my starchart.

This "content" can go right back in the dumpster floating down the stream on fire where it came from, along with railjack.

"Oh it dont take 3 hours!, if you join others missions to get murmurs to learn the words, you still most likely have to fight your litch twice!"

And thats why it takes so long... Its far to slow to "annoy" the worthless pos that I simply want removed so I never have to deal with it again.

Yes, another excuse for DE to drain peoples credit cards so they can buy rivens that will get gimped yet again, that still wont out damage melee even after there gimping of melee 3-4 days ago.

Im here over 5 years and more or less i seen ppl say warframe needs auction house, that we should have dedicate servers, that riven prices should be set or dealt with since too much of them are overpriced or that rivens should be removed or forma build time should be reduced

And yet after that 5 years ur 1st person that hit the spot in what warframe really needs - WARNINGS

We have description on sortie mission (right under condition like energy reduction) where it says that for example tyl regor forces are doin doing x thing to get x thing in x location which no 1 cares

Yet we dont have warning like "spawning lich will make him steal ur mission rewards, lich will spawn randomly on lich infected nodes, he wont spawn to often so u wont kill him to fast, failing to kill him will make him stronger, to actually kill him you need to go farm requiem relics, then you need to open them and get some strange mods, you need to guess correct sequence of that mods to kill your lich which wont happen 99% of time, when u get correct sequence lich wont spawn so often and that whole adventure will take you your whole gameplay day, yet if you understand that convoluted system you are still about to waste like 3 hours or more"

Yeah pretty long warning but in many cases we lack of any warnings at alll

Anyway i did only liches for each weapon while some i did buy and from that moment i never touched them again and i most likely wont well maybe for new weapons only
And at this point i start to understand ppl who would care to have option to dismiss its liches
Well why not? let make it with cooldown so if someone spawn a lich make it so he can dismiss it but he is unable to spawn next one for next idk 12 hours?
And this way ppl who would play smart not to fight lich to get idk ephemera on lich or something would do it faster just by hunting it and not abuse dismiss system
While ppl who would spawn lich just by accident or by curiosity would have option to dont even touch that system

And then no warning would be needed

They are waste of time.

The original idea was most probably "borrowed" from games like shadow of mordor who popularized the nemesis system back in 2014. Then it got tuned for warframe and unnecessarily dragged out as long as possible to keep players busy so it buys time for DE to develop and come out with updates.

It is actually designed to waste your time.

============

With that said, most contents in warframe are indeed very convoluted and can be frustrating at first.

It seems that you're new to this whole lich thing. So expect some frustration. It'll get better as you gain more experience.

I still remember getting frustrated doing spy missions and hated them at first. I also hated eidolons, profit taker, sorties, arbitrations, conservation, granny void. I hate everything until i figured out how they actually works. I'm basically in a constant love - hate relationship with warframe.

42 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

They are waste of time.

The original idea was "borrowed" from shadow of mordor's highly popular nemesis system back in 2014. Then it got tuned for warframe and unnecessarily dragged out as long as possible to keep players busy so it buys time for DE to develop and come out with updates.

It is actually designed to waste your time.

============

With that said, most contents in warframe are indeed very convoluted and can be frustrating at first.

It seems that you're new to this whole lich thing. So expect some frustration. It'll get better as you gain more experience.

I still remember getting frustrated doing spy missions and hated them at first. I also hated eidolons, profit taker, sorties, arbitrations, conservation, granny void. I hate everything until i figured out how they actually works. I'm basically in a constant love - hate relationship with warframe.

It’s not at all borrowed from shadow of war, the nemesis system was in the diablo games years before Warner brothers stole it. Diablo wasnt event the first appearance, the idea for the system is much older than thag still. All you’re doing is spreading misinformation.

The nemsis system that shadow of war tried to patent is the evolving hierarchy. With grunts, captains and generals. Warframe doesn’t even come close to that.

4 hours ago, Xan5131 said:

Would you like some cheese? 

Cheddar perhaps? Or how about a nice semi-hard cheese like some finely smoked gouda? 

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yeh I miss those days.

I dont, but that's mostly down to where you fight the lich, it's at lv5, you have all your murmurs right and ready to stab and it'll randomly pick you up and one shot you from full health with that back breaker and sod off again.

Admittedly I'm not the best at this game by any means 😂

15 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I dont, but that's mostly down to where you fight the lich, it's at lv5, you have all your murmurs right and ready to stab and it'll randomly pick you up and one shot you from full health with that back breaker and sod off again.

I remember that. It was harsh, and maybe a little too harsh. And I'm pretty good at this game.

It often felt like I died due to sheer dumb luck instead of something I had agency over.

And then when it came to actually stabbing the thing it was like "Welp, I tried a stab, and it didn't work", but the consequence was both that it didn't work and a player ended up dying for the attempt, sometimes failing the mission when by all means the Lich was successfully driven off. (I've no problem with failing, mind. I'm getting my ass handed to me in a level 1 sortie at the moment. But I beat the Lich, and failed because of it)

34 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I honestly didn't mind it because for the first time in ages it was an enemy that could kill me regardless of if it was a cheesy way of doing so. I like it when games give me an unapologetic middle finger occasionally. Warframe doesn't do that often enough sadly.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I honestly didn't mind it because for the first time in ages it was an enemy that could kill me regardless of if it was a cheesy way of doing so. I like it when games give me an unapologetic middle finger occasionally. Warframe doesn't do that often enough sadly.

WF players won't stand for an inconvenience that temporarily disrupts another pull of the lever for the slot machine. 

Rats in a maze... rats in a maze. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

WF players won't stand for an inconvenience that temporarily disrupts another pull of the lever for the slot machine. 

Very true, I recall there was a thread from  a guy who announced he was quitting warframe due to the lich killing him if he guessed the combo wrong, that he couldn't stand dying and it made him upset....

Good thing he never owned a Nintendo...

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Very true, I recall there was a thread from  a guy who announced he was quitting warframe due to the lich killing him if he guessed the combo wrong, that he couldn't stand dying and it made him upset....

Good thing he never owned a Nintendo...

Kids are so spoiled these days... I remember back in the day when you couldn't even find video guides for anything. You could buy a poor strategy guide from a physical magazine through snail mail... then in slightly later days, we had gamefaqs, but quality of walkthroughs varied and you had better have good reading comprehension. Beating bosses was trial and error and it was common to die a lot to learn how to fight them. 

Now kids get upset if they die against a boss even once, raging and qq'ing that their favorite youtubers guide didn't manage to let them cheese it on the first try with no effort or frustration at all. I miss the old days sometimes, when figuring out games meant actually learning through trial and error. And games were mostly offline, with the internet being a bit less of a juggernaut that made everyone think you not only can, but should be able to cheese everything by using someone else's hardwork, in one try, without ever learning anything yourself. 

I feel really old writing all that lmao. 

Why must you do it ? Cause the powers that be deem it so.

Warframe is very very broad (and most of it is shallow) so there will be things you dislike while others do like it ,

I would love for there to be better engagent mechanic (beyond mandatory time sinks and RNG gates) ,but DE has dug itself in a hole at this point , there are barely any things we cannot brute force or bypass using the tools that we have.

I suggest you don't try to clear them as fast as possible , take your time and do other things in between to avoid frustration.

And you could simply ignore them if necessary.

Just clear all the nodes except one to reduce your losses. 

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Kids are so spoiled these days... I remember back in the day when you couldn't even find video guides for anything. You could buy a poor strategy guide from a physical magazine through snail mail... then in slightly later days, we had gamefaqs, but quality of walkthroughs varied and you had better have good reading comprehension. Beating bosses was trial and error and it was common to die a lot to learn how to fight them. 

Now kids get upset if they die against a boss even once, raging and qq'ing that their favorite youtubers guide didn't manage to let them cheese it on the first try with no effort or frustration at all. I miss the old days sometimes, when figuring out games meant actually learning through trial and error. And games were mostly offline, with the internet being a bit less of a juggernaut that made everyone think you not only can, but should be able to cheese everything by using someone else's hardwork, in one try, without ever learning anything yourself. 

I feel really old writing all that lmao. 

I remember we had a games hotline that was like $5 a minute if you were stuck on a game lol. 

I feel old writing it but I'm also thankful that I played those games and didn't geow up spoilt.

16 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I remember we had a games hotline that was like $5 a minute if you were stuck on a game lol. 

I feel old writing it but I'm also thankful that I played those games and didn't geow up spoilt.

I remember those , they came with the manual (ah game manuals you read while you went home to play it)

Fortunately for me I am not that old that we didn't have access to internet.

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I remember those , they came with the manual (ah game manuals you read while you went home to play it)

Fortunately for me I am not that old that we didn't have access to internet.

Hey man my first "computer" had a tape cassette player to launch games.

Archived