Jump to content

Kuva litch - Waste of time.


Recommended Posts

Lets not forget the spawning of a lich to get a weapon, when you've got most of them, you run Cassini to tget the larvling only to find they have yet another Kuva Kraken. Repeat...

I would say the number of murmurs required need to be reduced, as the RNG sometimes means the lich will not show up mission after mission. Alternatively, the controlled nodes should remain lit even after you complete them, too often I have been down to 2 controlled mission nodes praying the lich shows up rather than have to run the spy or defection one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 минуты назад, gbjbaanb сказал:

Lets not forget the spawning of a lich to get a weapon, when you've got most of them, you run Cassini to tget the larvling only to find they have yet another Kuva Kraken. Repeat...

I would say the number of murmurs required need to be reduced, as the RNG sometimes means the lich will not show up mission after mission. Alternatively, the controlled nodes should remain lit even after you complete them, too often I have been down to 2 controlled mission nodes praying the lich shows up rather than have to run the spy or defection one.

the only thing DE might need to do is reduce murmurs needed on 3rd stage so it would be equal with 1st and 2nd stages. that all, everything else is fine imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

I made my first and only lich in a fit of what I can only describe as 'ooh shiny' syndrome when I saw it had a kuva variant  of a weapon I enjoyed. 

Then I realized I'd have to farm every single parazon mod. 

Then I realized to do that I'd have to grind relics first. 

Then I realized that even once I'd gotten through that grind, I'd then have to grind murmurs and play the guessing game to actually get rid of the thing. 

 

Thankfully, the lich took over luna, so I can just ignore it forever! Or at least till, when and if, DE gives us the option to just yeet an unwanted lich. I might even pay plat to just have it gone so I don't have to look at it occasionally. 

 

 

Anytime you want it gone, just recruit for murmurs in chat, plenty of players need them and will help you out. And you get a kuva weapon out of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Xan5131 said:

Yes, another excuse for DE to drain peoples credit cards so they can buy rivens that will get gimped yet again, that still wont out damage melee even after there gimping of melee 3-4 days ago.

Why is it Rage and Conspiracy Theories run together so often?

Is it just the general lack of life experience from players that forgot this is a game for Mature audiences or what?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

57 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Why is it Rage and Conspiracy Theories run together so often?

Is it just the general lack of life experience from players that forgot this is a game for Mature audiences or what?

Ots not a conspiracy theory that DE runs a free-to-play game, and as a result has to implement the addictive gamblingesque content in order to persuade people to part with their cash. The game would fold overnight if the money stopped flowing in, the devs, deisgners, managers all need to be paid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

unknown.png?width=791&height=445

 

Go ahead and ignore this. Indeed.

 

MY POINT THE WHOLE TIME, was, HOW LONG IT TOOK TO DO IT.

I don't care at all about how "muh hard" the litch is, or was. Clearly I can gimp it rather quickly.

I, however, DO NOT ENJOY WASTING MY TIME THAT COULD OTHERWISE BE SPENT GETTING THINGS OF USE, OR RANKING THINGS I WANT TO ENJOY.

Can everyone read it this time?

Edited by Xan5131
Apparently clarification is needed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Xan5131 said:

unknown.png?width=791&height=445

 

Go ahead and ignore this. Indeed.

 

MY POINT THE WHOLE TIME, was, HOW LONG IT TOOK TO DO IT.

I don't care at all about how "muh hard" the litch is, or was. Clearly I can gimp it rather quickly.

I, however, DO NOT ENJOY WASTING MY TIME THAT COULD OTHERWISE BE SPENT GETTING THINGS OF USE, OR RANKING THINGS I WANT TO ENJOY.

Can everyone read it this time?

Then don't make anymore liches, problem solved. 

It is a choice to make one. 

And you do get things of use from liches, like weapons and ephemeras. 

You can also bypass the grind for that stuff if you want it with platinum. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mrpyro12345678 said:

1. You don't really have to. You only have to grind mods that you need if you got the murmurs, or you can grind some and randomly try them out.
2. These relics drop in progress of the murmur farm, and by the time you would get a relic, you would already know at least 1 Requiem Mod. And it's not guaranteed it's even the first, you could find the actual first requiem mod and then figure out if the known one is the second or third.
3. Once again, you don't really have to. And even if you fail to kill the lich quickly with an attempt to requiem without known mods, you get LOADS of Murmurs to make it faster. The only real guesswork is the order, and the mediocre amount of Requiem Mods allow for guessing the order, sometimes killing the lich without even getting the last 2 requiem murmurs.

I honestly don't see many problems in the system other than the fact that it's unlocked really early, didn't have time to mod my builds to handle liches properly. That doesn't mean it was bad when it was first released, but that just means it was developed nicely.

And honestly I don't even do it for the loot, it's just second in terms of lich hunting for me, I enjoy the lich fights themselves despite my suffering in them XD (One had thrown a player off the map, wew!).

The issue really, honestly is, I have 0 interest in starting on a triple down RNG grind (Grind relics, crack relics, guess mod order) where I utterly loathe at least one step (cracking relics) in order to get a karak with some minor buffs and an innate 20% toxin damage. It's got nothing to do with difficulty- there's nothing difficult in the process at all- more in motivation for payoff at the end. If the weapon was good or interesting? Then maybe I'd sit down for the day or two necessary to suffer through. 

9 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Anytime you want it gone, just recruit for murmurs in chat, plenty of players need them and will help you out. And you get a kuva weapon out of it.

I play solo or with friends, and all my friends started extended breaks a couple years back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 52 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

Then don't make anymore liches, problem solved. 

It is a choice to make one. 

And you do get things of use from liches, like weapons and ephemeras. 

You can also bypass the grind for that stuff if you want it with platinum. 

Yes and no.
i can also go to work or work as a freelancer for 100-400 € per day. but then what do you need the game for?
if i buy a lot with platinum, my motivation also falls and i concentrate on other things. super boring trading ... or real-time job or your own business.

do you remember earlier games from the 80s and 90s? it wasn't about cheat codes. because that was over with fun immediately and the game would be boring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Xan5131 said:

unknown.png?width=791&height=445

 

Go ahead and ignore this. Indeed.

 

MY POINT THE WHOLE TIME, was, HOW LONG IT TOOK TO DO IT.

I don't care at all about how "muh hard" the litch is, or was. Clearly I can gimp it rather quickly.

I, however, DO NOT ENJOY WASTING MY TIME THAT COULD OTHERWISE BE SPENT GETTING THINGS OF USE, OR RANKING THINGS I WANT TO ENJOY.

Can everyone read it this time?

Waaaaahh....

So don't create one. If you're far enough in the game to kill one you know enough to read about new systems implemented. You went ahead and held down X for a while to create it so it is what it is. Don't try and pretend like this is the worst grind you've dealt with as a player either. Also if you're advanced enough in the game already the lich can be entirely ignored, he only ever steals a pittance of resources anyway.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

Yes and no.
i can also go to work or work as a freelancer for 100-400 € per day. but then what do you need the game for?
if i buy a lot with platinum, my motivation also falls and i concentrate on other things. super boring trading ... or real-time job or your own business.

do you remember earlier games from the 80s and 90s? it wasn't about cheat codes. because that was over with fun immediately and the game would be boring.

I get what you are saying... I'm not an advocate of just yanking out the credit card for everything or anything like that, but rather my point is that WF has a lot of different grinds, and if you dislike a particular one, but still enjoy playing the game overall, you can use selling stuff, or the aforementioned cc, to avoid that particular grind. 

I would love it if liches were more engaging in general though, for sure. Players would probably be more positive about them if they were. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I put the blame on the people who complain about the content being too short without realising that an activity that is enyoyable for 1 hour may become a pain in 3 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Kegnor97 said:

I put the blame on the people who complain about the content being too short without realising that an activity that is enyoyable for 1 hour may become a pain in 3 

If you're spending 3 hours to do a lich you're doing it slowly so I put the blame on a person using slow methods of farming.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Xan5131 said:

Why is it I must kill a few hundred of them stupid trawls just to fight my litch ONCE.

"Oh its the litches MUH ANGER METER!!!" That sits at nothing, even after 25 of them stupid trawls are killed.
Why must I waste 3 hours of my time dealing with some GARBAGE, simply to get him off my starchart.

If I had known pressing X was a bad thing, I never would have done it.

This "content" can go right back in the dumpster floating down the stream on fire where it came from, along with railjack.

 

"Oh it dont take 3 hours!, if you join others missions to get murmurs to learn the words, you still most likely have to fight your litch twice!"

And thats why it takes so long... Its far to slow to "annoy" the worthless pos that I simply want removed so I never have to deal with it again.

"Oh but muh KUUUUUUUUUUVAAAAAAAAAAAAH weapons"

Yes, another excuse for DE to drain peoples credit cards so they can buy rivens that will get gimped yet again, that still wont out damage melee even after there gimping of melee 3-4 days ago.

OIP.8POMrNPLqmEksHVfaUjrkgHaEK?pid=ImgDe

 

OK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

If you're spending 3 hours to do a lich you're doing it slowly so I put the blame on a person using slow methods of farming.

There is no "fast" way.
Farming Murmurs for SOME ONE ELSES litch, does NOT increase the anger meter of your own litch. Clearly you are not advanced enough to know that, mr 11k+ posts and says nothing well still missing the point of posts they "read".

Its more often then not, longer to have "people" "assisting" with your murmurs then to simply solo it. IDK about how good your luck is, but when you only get 3-5 a trawls a run, it takes awhile, and no, thats not for learning the words as I seem to be darn lucky just guessing the combo. But again, you cant seem to read so, why not link some "meta" youtube video pointing out how "good" the method you follow is and keep the pointless "Oh look at how I can crap on some ones perspective well contributing nothing to the topic" garbage to your self.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Xan5131 said:

There is no "fast" way.
Farming Murmurs for SOME ONE ELSES litch, does NOT increase the anger meter of your own litch. Clearly you are not advanced enough to know that, mr 11k+ posts and says nothing well still missing the point of posts they "read".

Its more often then not, longer to have "people" "assisting" with your murmurs then to simply solo it. IDK about how good your luck is, but when you only get 3-5 a trawls a run, it takes awhile, and no, thats not for learning the words as I seem to be darn lucky just guessing the combo. But again, you cant seem to read so, why not link some "meta" youtube video pointing out how "good" the method you follow is and keep the pointless "Oh look at how I can crap on some ones perspective well contributing nothing to the topic" garbage to your self.

 



GIT GUD

Though I will agree with you on 1 thing. It IS faster solo.

Oh and FYI, that's not a meta video, that's MY video and MY method.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:



GIT GUD

Though I will agree with you on 1 thing. It IS faster solo.

Oh and FYI, that's not a meta video, that's MY video and MY method.

See, thats all you had to do.

Thank you kindly for the information and not the excessive amounts of crap posting.

I doubt I'll ever bother with litchs, but I will give the video a watch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Xan5131 said:

See, thats all you had to do.

Thank you kindly for the information and not the excessive amounts of crap posting.

I doubt I'll ever bother with litchs, but I will give the video a watch.

And do you know what you needed to do? Simply create a post asking the best way to quickly kill your lich, not create a rant post filled with excessive amounts of crap posting as you say. Had you done that in the first place I might've even explained everything for you in bullet points as to how to do them quickly. Enjoy the video and next time just ask for the info man, leave out the rant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's necessary to repeat content, because developers don't work fast/intelligent/creative enough.

 

But that doesn't make it fun, it doesn't make it okay and it's 100% the developers' problem.

"We couldn't think of an actual solution to the problem" turns to complacency and coasting. When it becomes okay to not have to do your job. What can you get away with, the bar isn't going up, it's going down.

When you look at something like 'railjack taxi', that's the budget solution where you throw in the towel, because you couldn't get it done. Let's just settle for... whatever.

The bar has to go up, you must push for the next plateau always, especially in an industry based on booming technology and suposedly "creativity", lol.

 

I'd make the case warframe has been coasting on artificial grinds since cetus. That's when they gave up on themselves.

Edited by Surbusken
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-06-04 at 11:12 PM, Butterfly85 said:

Remember the days when Liches were actually hard, and could pick you up, break your spine and run off with your lunch money while you stare at the revive screen? 😂😂😂

I wish they still kept the fail animation and just removed the kill. They even had other fail animations in the works that looked really cool, like seeing the lich toss our warframe around helps conveys their threat a little better

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Xan5131 said:

 

I, however, DO NOT ENJOY WASTING MY TIME THAT COULD OTHERWISE BE SPENT GETTING THINGS OF USE, OR RANKING THINGS I WANT TO ENJOY.

Can everyone read it this time?

Then don't do it.

No one is forcing you to do anything, it is a video game, for entertainment.

You are choosing to be a drama llama about something you have full control over, your free time.

You choose to spend it on something you don't like, that is your choice.

No matter how much you yell, it's your fault for choosing to do something you do not enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...