Ticker: "No Railjack Experience, but they know their way around a ship."

~

Is what Ticker said to me as I looked at the available crew...

And then I thought...

In the crew menu, 
it says Lichs have no Railjack experience,
so they can only be defenders...

So, if the crew you hire from Ticker have no Railjack experience,
and the Lichs have no Railjack experience,
why can Ticker's crew do things other then defense,
while Lichs can only do defense?

If I could me a Lich a Engineer,
I probobly wouldn't see my Engineer go down ever again.
(maybe)

My engineer so far is the only one that's gone down,
and the reason is because putting out fires and repairing things,
is more important then taking cover from the enemies that are surrounding them during a boarding.

Engineer: Hey, I know I'm being shot by several dudes,
but ima gona repair this thing.
*engineer dies*

~

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

~

Is what Ticker said to me as I looked at the available crew...

And then I thought...

In the crew menu, 
it says Lichs have no Railjack experience,
so they can only be defenders...

So, if the crew you hire from Ticker have no Railjack experience,
and the Lichs have no Railjack experience,
why can Ticker's crew do things other then defense,
while Lichs can only do defense?

It's either pride ("I'm a f*cking Lich, Tenno! I refuse to pick up an Omni like some common Drudger!") or Peter Principle/Dilbert Principle ("Look, I got this job by being really good at killing things, I never really learned the whole... piloting thing")

Because that line from Ticker is literally saying they have experience on ships other than Railjacks.

As for Liches having no experience other than fighting do consider that they were regular Grineer underlings before being "selected" to become a Lich. Plus, iirc, from the talks and implications of their Railjack integration (whenever that happens) they're the commanders of their ship/fleet, not one of their Thralls who would be manning ship systems.

So it makes some sense for them to only be usable as defenders but the more likely reason is that DE didn't want to or have the time to animate and rig the ship seats and the Omni to work with their larger models.

18 minutes ago, trst said:

the more likely reason is that DE didn't want to or have the time to animate and rig the ship seats and the Omni to work with their larger models.

DE have said this themselves. It's something they want to do, but they didn't want to delay releasing the update waiting for it. I was quite surprised this wasn't command intrinsic 10.

Well, I've always wondered why Liches couldn't be gunners.  Not smart enough to fix breaches or pilot the ship I can understand, but turrets?  Just point the thing at enemies and pull the trigger!  It's what you've been doing your entire life!  And there are no modeling/animation issues there either...

Archived