Isolation Vault Bounty: Can't Inflict Damage to Necramech Past Shield.

(PSN)DesireTheMayhem

Question

Hey Kiddo(s),

I just got back to playing Warframe after a 3-year hiatus (life stuff) and I'm catching up with this Nightwave thing. Cutting to the chase, I did the T1 Isolation Vault Bounty with no fuss up until I encountered the Necramech, where I failed hard, endlessly. As Revenant I managed to deplete its shield but beyond that nothing seems to work? Even Danse Macabre did only so much as tickled it.

I came back with Wukong, both twin and I executed Defy at the right time as it swung its sword, and I saw some big numbers, too (average 3.5k damage x2) but they are in teal/blue - which denotes they are shield damage, right? But the shield is completely gone? And its yellow life bar doesn't budge at all? Even with my primary that usually deals 2k headshot damage, attacking its shoulders only yielded 0-11 yellow numbers but most of the time they're teal/blue.

As the Operator too, I tried everything in my arsenal, even void dash, beam, blast, and every time I reached the Bonewidow stage I can't seem to do any damage beyond shield depletion. By the time I run around to figure things out its shield has been fully recharged again. Am I missing something? Is there a pre-requisite like an arcane installed (which I haven't) to have any effect etc?

Oh I've got little kids so I play solo to allow me to pause/put the PS4 on rest mode at a whim to attend to them.

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Oop, yep, that is definitely not enough damage. 

What builds are you using? Is your Serration at max rank? How are your crit stats?

Finally did it! I hate that I had to cheese it with Excalibur Umbra; but, a win is a win. My weapons aren't endgame material at all. I've been away since MR8 and it took FOREVER with a Braton Prime (the only prime primary I had from 3 years ago) and a Gammacor, both modded for corrosive and radiation. But stinkily, Exalted Blade did the heavy lifting early on. Imagine seeing 20, 20, 20, 20, and then 1, 1, 1, 1, from Skiajati when all ammo and energy has been depleted.

I guess it's Fissure grinding for those prime arsenals, huh?

41 minutes ago, (PSN)DesireTheMayhem said:

Finally did it! I hate that I had to cheese it with Excalibur Umbra; but, a win is a win. My weapons aren't endgame material at all. I've been away since MR8 and it took FOREVER with a Braton Prime (the only prime primary I had from 3 years ago) and a Gammacor, both modded for corrosive and radiation. But stinkily, Exalted Blade did the heavy lifting early on. Imagine seeing 20, 20, 20, 20, and then 1, 1, 1, 1, from Skiajati when all ammo and energy has been depleted.

I guess it's Fissure grinding for those prime arsenals, huh?

Nah mate. Orb Valis grind, not fissures;-) Build yourself Catchmoon secondary with most damage/crit parts. Ammo recharge arcane helps, but is not required. Put some forma in it and build for crit chance, crit damage, radiation. 

Stropha gunblade works even better, but requires mr 10. If you get it, try heavy attack biuld. 

And when you have chance build your own Voidrig necramech. Its ultimate eats enemy Necramechs. And mechs are fun to play:-)

Welcome back, Tenno. Good luck have fun. 

Necramechs are invincible until both their arms are destroyed.

First, shoot their shoulders to knock their arms off. Once both arms are downm they gain three new hitboxes: their exploded shoulders, and their backs. Hit them with as much damage as you can, preferably radiation damage (though Octavia's 1 will work in a pinch)

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Necramech_(Enemy)

The tactics section is pretty thorough. 

You'll probably adjust your approach depending on whether you're fighting a Voidrig or Bonewindow. One of em has Rhino's Iron skin, so you don't want to shoot at it just after it's activated that ability. 

Basically, shoot their arms, then its back.

Just now, (PSN)DesireTheMayhem said:

I did aim for the shoulders after all else fails, but the numbers were very small it's as if I barely do any damage.

Hang on...

1 hour ago, (PSN)DesireTheMayhem said:

Even with my primary that usually deals 2k headshot damage, attacking its shoulders only yielded 0-11 yellow numbers but most of the time they're teal/blue.

Oop, yep, that is definitely not enough damage. 

What builds are you using? Is your Serration at max rank? How are your crit stats?

Thanks for the tips, guys. Yeah I didn't really have the luxury of time to grind since becoming a dad, lol. I've turned into a casual, but a slightly more invested casual at that. Coming back it's a totally new game - love the open world free roaming stuff but very punishing for basic on the menu arsenal. You're all correct, I need to get back to grinding when I can one MR at a time.

Appreciate it!

EC4N6nNUcAA67p5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

7 hours ago, (PSN)DesireTheMayhem said:

Braton Prime (the only prime primary I had from 3 years ago) and a Gammacor

That would do it. I'm sorry to say, but the Braton Prime is actually kind of garbage (I mean it always was, but the power creep over the last three years and the public releasing of the Braton Vandal have let us all stop pretending otherwise). You'll need to start rebuilding your arsenal and grinding up new Mastery Ranks to unlock the better weapons. I suggest trying out some sniper rifles, even the non-Prime ones if you can

Archived