Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Wallrunning Exploit

R3leaZ

I honestly was also wondering how I've never found this exploit earlier rofl. Well steps to reproduce is:

[Hold Shift + Hold Space] + Crouch fast everytime you get higher though still hold those first two keys.

I have Roll and Sprint bound separately. Sprint on Shift and Roll on Alt. EDIT: Crouch on toggle btw and bound to C

Edited by R3leaZ

Well, no, you recharge every time you crouch, so it seems to have been enough to get you to the next time you used crouch. Note how you were able to get to the top the first time.

Nope, I am also able to get to the top without stamina. It's just difficult to do and it happens very randomly. Honestly the first time I went up was the random I meant. I actually wasn't meant to stay there at the top rofl.

Edited by R3leaZ

Love this bug, never patch it. Or DE should refined it and make it a legit move.

Nope, it's a stupid exploit that needs to be fixed. I prefer it gone since you're not supposed to be able to do it at all without certain powers like Volt's Speed. I honestly hate how these Warframes defy any laws of physics. Movement in this game is very flawed. Examples: The direction you are facing will always be the direction you will be rolling towards even if you are being launched the completely opposite direction. You can catapult yourself from a wall if you jump the split second a wall run connects. Performing a slide actually makes you increase speed instead of gradually decreasing it, infinite wallrunning until your stamina runs out and there are many more.

Sure you can say that it's sci-fi. But even sci-fi has their own laws of physics and they stick to them and all these bugs in the mobility system make the game look really unfinished (in a bad way)

Movement should be hell of a lot more fluid like in this video.

Edited by R3leaZ

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, it's a stupid exploit that needs to be fixed... I honestly hate how these Warframes defy any laws of physics...

Movement should be hell of a lot more fluid like in this video.

I agree on it should be fixed and it should be more fluid alltogether.

But I LOVE how they (partly) defy laws of physics! It's a game and is supposed to be fun, and hell it's fun flying into an direction and then dualzorencopter into another direction or making a rocket jump out of a normal jump near a wall.

They shouldn't be bugs, they should be controlable game mechanics!

I agree on it should be fixed and it should be more fluid alltogether.

But I LOVE how they (partly) defy laws of physics! It's a game and is supposed to be fun, and hell it's fun flying into an direction and then dualzorencopter into another direction or making a rocket jump out of a normal jump near a wall.

They shouldn't be bugs, they should be controlable game mechanics!

Controllable game mechanics only go to a certain extent. This is just a complete exploit since it negates your stamina pool and you practically can go on forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Fluid movement is fine and all, but I don't want gimped movement.  I'm playing as a superpowered space ninja that can teleport and turn invisible, not a rabbit.  There's really no reason I shouldn't be able to run up walls and flip out across the room.

I think if a system could be worked out that combines the fluidity of Assassin's Creed with ninja flip-out skills similar to what the game has now, we just might achieve Zen and the Art of Flipping Out.

Fluid movement is fine and all, but I don't want gimped movement.  I'm playing as a superpowered space ninja that can teleport and turn invisible, not a rabbit.  There's really no reason I shouldn't be able to run up walls and flip out across the room.

I think if a system could be worked out that combines the fluidity of Assassin's Creed with ninja flip-out skills similar to what the game has now, we just might achieve Zen and the Art of Flipping Out.

"There's really no reason I shouldn't be able to run up walls and flip out across the room." Except there is, those abilities are actually build into the Warframe and require to be fueled using energy. Every universe has its limits and that has been shown in a lot of ways in this game. Limits actually make things fun. Honestly I don't like a game that isn't challenging and making the game only easier and more silly, while it already is this easy to play, will only make it worse.

Warframe is a sci-fi world with its own laws of physics and this means that they will need to keep to it. These Warframes can bleed, die, suffocate, rendered powerless, etc. Sure they are incredibly durable and mobile but even space ninjas have their limits. Having limits in a game helps with making it challenging and not only that, it helps with immersion. I actually like feeling immersed in my game since it feels a lot more fun to play.

I love that they are rebalancing everything now and I hope that they will fix a bunch of core issues that have been with this game for a very long time.

Well, I don't really care if you think it's unrealistic or whatever.  I think flying across the room is fun as hell and it's kept me hooked on the game for close to 400 hours.  I don't find it immersion-breaking or unrealistic within the game context for a cyborg space ninja with powers that might as well be magic to be able to perform some inhuman acrobatic feats.  I don't want to see one of the games more unique and fun features get nerfed into oblivion, and then have map tiles that were designed with shortcuts for the old parkour system become a chore to navigate, because of one person complaining a lot on the forums.  Like, I don't think the Rank 8 Mastery Test would even be possible to finish if things were done realistically instead of the fun way that involves running along walls and flinging yourself across the room.

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

Well, I don't really care if you think it's unrealistic or whatever.  I think flying across the room is fun as hell and it's kept me hooked on the game for close to 400 hours.  I don't find it immersion-breaking or unrealistic within the game context for a cyborg space ninja with powers that might as well be magic to be able to perform some inhuman acrobatic feats.  I don't want to see one of the games more unique and fun features get nerfed into oblivion, and then have map tiles that were designed with shortcuts for the old parkour system become a chore to navigate, because of one person complaining a lot on the forums.  Like, I don't think the Rank 8 Mastery Test would even be possible to finish if things were done realistically instead of the fun way that involves running along walls and flinging yourself across the room.

I don't care at all if it's unrealistic lol. If it just atleast still makes sense (logically).

Heh, that's interesting. Not necessarily useful in most scenarios, but yeah... for those who have trouble pulling this off, Nova and Valkyr exist... to get anywhere, anyway.

Also...

are you guys seriously going to tell me that the wall-catapulting (momentary wall-run launch) is a bad thing? I rather love "tapping" a wall only to launch myself 200m forward (tho sometimes it gets really awkward when you fly over your goal and into the void XD)

Edited by ScorpDK

Heh, that's interesting. Not necessarily useful in most scenarios, but yeah... for those who have trouble pulling this off, Nova and Valkyr exist... to get anywhere, anyway.

Also...

are you guys seriously going to tell me that the wall-catapulting (momentary wall-run launch) is a bad thing? I rather love "tapping" a wall only to launch myself 200m forward (tho sometimes it gets really awkward when you fly over your goal and into the void XD)

Tbh I like the catapulting from a wall. It kind of feels more logical due to being able to put a lot more strength into jumping when you first touch the wall. Though they should soften it up a little more, at times yes, it is way over the top too much and I end up getting launched way over my target.

Look at it this way. When you stick longer to a wall you won't be able to put as much strength into it as before right? Since you slowly (fast irl) lose more and more grip with the wall.

you mean clinging to a wall for half a minute or more to gain ridiculously high damage output?

Fixed it for you. Rofl.

Edited by R3leaZ

More control over where you end up going when you catapult yourself would certainly be welcome.  Maybe have the direction your crosshair is pointing influence your angle of launch more.  Wall catapults are definitely fun as hell, but I've lost count of how many times I've chained a few wall kicks together and ended up flying so fast I get wedged into some decorative piece on the wall and have to sheepishly explain to my teammates why they get to wait at extraction for 60 seconds as I try to dislodge myself.

Maybe a good way to approach the vertical wallrun issue could be to make your vertical wallrun distance tied to how much Stamina you have left rather than your Warframe's sprint speed.  It would fix the exploit (because you wouldn't be able to do it without stamina anymore) while giving us a small boost to mobility, making stamina more important, and giving mods like Marathon and Quick Rest more uses besides not having to let go of the Shift key as often.

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

More control over where you end up going when you catapult yourself would certainly be welcome.  Maybe have the direction your crosshair is pointing influence your angle of launch more.  Wall catapults are definitely fun as hell, but I've lost count of how many times I've chained a few wall kicks together and ended up flying so fast I get wedged into some decorative piece on the wall and have to sheepishly explain to my teammates why they get to wait at extraction for 60 seconds as I try to dislodge myself.

Maybe a good way to approach the vertical wallrun issue could be to make your vertical wallrun distance tied to how much Stamina you have left rather than your Warframe's sprint speed.  It would fix the exploit (because you wouldn't be able to do it without stamina anymore) while giving us a small boost to mobility, making stamina more important, and giving mods like Marathon and Quick Rest more uses besides not having to let go of the Shift key as often.

That would be nice.