Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About This Afk-Kicker Idea?

Eidolon_Slayer

I've seen this from another game, Mabinogi. There's an item that is purchasable from NPC's. It's a bomb that was made to control botting. Basically you use the item, type in the player name, and the player on the receiving end gets 3 tries to solve a CAPTCHA. If they don't solve it after 3 tries, they can't move at all for 30 mins real time. 

Now as for Warframe, this can be bought from the market for a cheap price and if they don't solve the CAPTCHA within 10 seconds, they're kicked. However, this can only be used if they haven't moved for 10 seconds (not including using an ability power). How about that?

Aye or Nay?

EDIT: Added something to prevent players from trolling others with it.

Edited by Mikovsky

I've seen this from another game, Mabinogi. There's an item that is purchasable from NPC's. It's a bomb that was made to control botting. Basically you use the item, type in the player name, and the player on the receiving end gets 3 tries to solve a CAPTCHA. If they don't solve it after 3 tries, they can't move at all for 30 mins real time. 

Now as for Warframe, if they don't solve the CAPTCHA within 10 seconds, they're kicked. How about that?

Aye or Nay?

Might need to give more time, someone could easily use that during a gunfight to troll kick a player.

Oh yeah, and another thing is... that if the player is there just not moving, they could easily do the CAPTCHA anyways so it'd be kind of pointless either way.

Edited by Yanga

You want to monetize/grind leeching.

Seriously?

You seriously want to make people not playing the game something to grind for by players who ARE playing the game.

Words fail me.

This is not a player issue. This is a dev issue.

It is in no way, shape, or form a customer's job to police a game.

That is a developer's job.

There are no admin controls in WF, ergo it is DE's responsibility to police their product.

Might wanna read your EULA.

Edited by -Kittens-

The easiest thing is to have votekick. Votekick can only occur if 3 players vote in favor of kicking and the last one doesn't vote against. AFKers won't vote. So AFKers get kicked, but it can't be used to grief or bully players since any non-afker can always vote against.

You want to monetize/grind leeching.

Seriously?

You seriously want to make people not playing the game something to grind for by players who ARE playing the game.

Words fail me.

This is not a player issue. This is a dev issue.

It is in no way, shape, or form a customer's job to police a game.

That is a developer's job.

There are no admin controls in WF, ergo it is DE's responsibility to police their product.

Might wanna read you EULA.

There are no current ways for DE to kick every afk player on an acceptable boundary. My proposed idea does not monetize anything, did you really think I would have them sell this item on the market for Platinum? No, of course not, it's for credits, to be specific 1 credit. Anyone can afford that.

Edited by Mikovsky

Yeah, nay on your idea. A votekick is the simplest, most obvious option that has proven effective countless times in countless different gaming media. There's no reason to go for something needlessly complex when the solution is already pretty simple.