Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Rivens would be awesome.

Rubbish_R

What if the devs added Warframe mods, lets say 37% range, health, etc. but comes with one buff that makes one ability strong, Excalibur for example. When Exalted Blade is activated, Excalibur pulls all of the nearby enemy making them fall the the ground for a devastating attack.

Let me know what you think.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb squrreliscool:

What if the devs added Warframe mods, lets say 37% range, health, etc. but comes with one buff that makes one ability strong, Excalibur for example. When Exalted Blade is activated, Excalibur pulls all of the nearby enemy making them fall the the ground for a devastating attack.

Let me know what you think.

the problem is that there aren't enough slots. in addition, it will probably be again a crap system, where good warframes are extremely disadvantaged.
this can only work if rives have similar stats to normal mods, but the skills finally scale with enemy lvl! then i can still think about it. because this way old warframes would finally be playable and are no longer pointless.
but something like that should be realized long ago even without rives.

besides, i don't think much of the current rivens! i need unique stats and no waste of time with minimum improvement like now. but there has been enough discussion already.

Oof Size Large | Know Your Meme

Warframe Rivens are one of the worst ideas I've seen in a while. not only would there be the obvious chaos of balancing -or lack thereof -  but DE would basically be telling us what frames are best by showing how low or high their Riven Disposition is, which would be awful, imagine hearing that DE thinks your preferred frame is trash because it needs a Disposition of 5.. 

they most certainly would not be awesome.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Rivens are already awful, and Rivens for Warframes somehow manage to seem even worse.  Perhaps it's because modding for Warframes is actually engaging and enjoyable and well-balanced as-is, and it would be a shame to mess up a good thing.

If this happened it would definitely feel terrible and sad.

Warframe rivens are such a bad idea I would quit over them immediately and permanently. 

And I am quite serious; this is not hyperbole. It is such a hard nope, it would ruin the game for me and many forever, and I guarantee you there are many, many like me who would just nope right the heck out of the whole game forever. 

HARD NOPE from me. 

No.  I’m not anti-weapon-riven to the extreme like some, but I do see them as a “necessary evil” within the business model that allows the game to keep moving forward from a revenue-generating standpoint.

They manipulate the game design in a way that comes REAL close to gambling.  And some older players become  predatory with it.  Rivens need their OWN CHAT because they are ruinous in trade chat.  I’m not even saying that it isn’t a bit of a thrill…but it is a gambling thrill as pertains to power creep.

Doing this with Warframes would destabilize the game design too greatly.  So hard no from me, also.

No thanks. I rather have current Rivens changed little bit and keep warframes away from the system.

Smaller Disposition would mean much higher numbers for utility stats like Reload speed, Mag size, Zoom and Physical Damage instead of low everything. 

Then I would use Rivens on some meta weapons. Not the perfect idea but getting +20% Magazine and +0.1 Punch through for Rubico makes me sad.

I think it would be a good idea IF:

-The rivers only provide basic stat options (Str, efficiency, range, duration, vitality, armor, shields, cast speed)

-Warframes don't have a "riven disposition" system. The riven stats are just pure RNG from a low limit, to a max limit.  (This way there's less of an unbalanced pricing, or unbalanced Warframe usage because one or the other has higher disposition)

-We can use the rivers to substitute for 2 mods. (One mod takes the space of two mods)

If those three things were met, I would say it's something we could really use/need. 

Archived