Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Key Cycle for Game Session type

Mercefulmerc

For the whole time i've played Warframe, i've always encountered match's where 70% of the time, i'm queueing Public only to requeue Solo after I learn the button reset on me (no one looks at the button every 100 runs they do a day). I run alot of solo and rarely ever team with other people unless i'm doing team orientated tasks obviously... & find it difficult to manage the small box in the Team area with consistency. It is far out of the usual Mouse placement areas like the middle of the screen or bottom area's. Sometime's i'll step away from the Computer momentarily and not remember the Gametype state also. Maybe a larger indicator or, a Dynamic indicator with free-movement would work better (to position it where people see fit and keep track). Call it lazy or call it streamlining the effort, I think it would be nice

TLDR: A keybind slot for Gametype cycle (example; use on PGUP and cycle Gametype that way) or Dynamic Squad positioning

Optional suggestion: A default setting in Options for what Gametype "you" as a player run most of; - ''Solo'' - ''Team'' - ''Invite'' - ''Public''; so whenever you login, your ready to be Solo, or Invite only (but most importantly you control this)

Hope this isn't to much of a useless suggestion 😑

40 minutes ago, Mercefulmerc said:

Optional suggestion: A default setting in Options for what Gametype "you" as a player run most of; - ''Solo'' - ''Team'' - ''Invite'' - ''Public''; so whenever you login, your ready to be Solo, or Invite only (but most importantly you control this)

The option you select persists anyway. This seems fairly pointless. I would say there is no reason to make any of the changes you suggest, the issue isn't with the UI here. It takes just two seconds to check your matchmaking setting. The button doesn't ever reset by itself, they may be a keybind for it - I know controller has a button to select the dropdown box for it.

I and many many other's are not thinking about the matchmaking setting while we are playing, it's the least of anyone's concern so its easily ignored (at the heart of the problem, because its so SMALL and out of the way). & I would put alot of money, on betting all the non-hardcore players, which is practically EVERYONE else, see's it the same way and I would walk away rich 👌

In saying this, regardless of constructive opinion's or just negative nancy opinion's... There is "always" room for more user friendlyness to be had (there is no cap. Everything can always get better). Holding this mentality back is a backwards stale, stagnant and still moving approach to improving the game in any way possible. My idea's can be scrapped & forgotten... Who care's about that, or me; but the UI specifically the "Squad Area" can be better. I'de rather see constructive feedback on how, rather than why, and why not. 🙏 This isn't to be confused with "I want to hear what I want to hear".

There's ignorance, &......... There isn't ignorance... I'de prefer the latter that's all.

Archived